Anyone think we can still get 2nd spot

I'd like to belive it but its not going to happen we just can't put a run of wins together.

Don't get me wrong we have a decent side but really is anyonelse thinking above the play offs.

No evidence to suggest we can get the consistency going to get that second spot, can beat anyone on our day so got to be optimistic if we can hold onto top 6

I still think we have a great chance but i think we must take points off both Leicester and Leeds in the coming weeks to still be in with a shout, last night was a hiccup but not a disaster

In the same way that Hereford was a hiccup?

Yes.

Going to be difficult but certainly possible. There are 18 games left and that's enough to get the points. Still a lot of matches where the top 7/8 play each other We are not a poor team , we are a good team that doesn't play as well as it can do at times. The quality is there. There are many variables as to why it isn't always seen , but the team is good enough to get automatic promotion - if it plays as it can do.

If we can find consistency, then not only can we...we will.

Apart from Leicester, no side has been consistent all season. I don't think anyone will...which is why if we can find some consistent form then we're in with a bloody good shot. If not then it will be the scramble to keep in the top 6...which of course, is still in our hands.

the team is good enough to get automatic promotion - if it plays as it can do.

Sounds like a standard line from a parent-teacher meeting:

"Talented, but if he applied himself, would do a lot better."

Euphamisically speaking: "With a kick up the arris..."

To answer the question; at the moment, no.

I still think I am going to score the winner in the FA Cup final for latics. Of course we can finish second, we are going to bloody win this league. Until the fat ref blows his whistle it isn't over.

Presumably the season after I do? :)

And there's a long time to the whistle. KTF!!

Leicester will probably win it.

One of 5 or 6 teams will go on a run to finish second.

Are any of MK Dons, Scunny, Peterborough, Millwall or Leeds ( :lol: ) more consistent than us??? Only marginally, if at all.

Millwall & P'boro look better bets than us at the moment but that could quickly change.

Can we finish second??? Why not.

Will I be putting money on it??? errrr........ :unsure::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dfOAFC

If those delightful chaps in Milton Keynes pick up points at the same rate as they have until the end of the season, we need to make up around 8 points on them, or nearly half a point a game. To look at it another way we need to perform better by 0.177 points per game compared to our average so far this season. So from 18 games we need to turn 2 draws into wins and 2 losses into draws and do it with decent goal difference. Hardly impossible, three wins on the trot at some stage and we’ll all be starting to build up futile hopes to be dashed once again on the cruel shores of footballing failure.

And yes, I am bored.