25. Miami Dolphins, Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

26. Baltimore Ravens, D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt

27. Indianapolis Colts, Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

28. Philadelphia Eagles (from Carolina), Larry English, DE, Northern Illinois

29. New York Giants, Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

30. Tennessee Titans, Clay Matthews, OLB, USC

31. Arizona Cardinals, LeSean McCoy, HB, Pittsburgh

32. Pittsburgh Steelers, Alex Mack, C/G, California

I'd really like to see the Lions take Curry. Let's face it, it can't get any worse, so take someone who'll potentially shore up The Worst Defence In NFL History and give Drew Stanton a bash at QB. Young, inexperienced, but a prospect in my opinion.

A very biased and short-sighted opinion, admittedly.

No doubt the Broncos need a defensive pick and i would be happy with Maualuga. Hopefully though since it looks like the defence is changing to a 3-4 then a nose tackle will be the most important posistion so hopefully Raji will be there. if not one of Maualuga, Orakpo or brown would still be great and hope Ron Brace is there in the 2nd.

the Lions have to take a QB in the 1st, Stafford is the easy pick but they also need to protect him so i wouldnt be suprised if they go OT with the 1st with Smith or Monroe and then Sanchez with 20th or even trade up to get him.

The quarterbacks leave something to be desired this year. Really, all around, this seems to be a down year in quality players entering the NFL. Next year, however, should be quite good.

The quarterbacks leave something to be desired this year. Really, all around, this seems to be a down year in quality players entering the NFL. Next year, however, should be quite good.

I would agree that the offenseive side of the draft doesnt match up to last years but id have to say the players on defence looks to have a few stars there.

Also a lot of players decided to stay in college this year such as Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes and the QB who i cant remember for the life of me what he's called now but he was predicted to go to the Lions with the 1st overall pick.

I would agree that the offenseive side of the draft doesnt match up to last years but id have to say the players on defence looks to have a few stars there.

Also a lot of players decided to stay in college this year such as Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes and the QB who i cant remember for the life of me what he's called now but he was predicted to go to the Lions with the 1st overall pick.

I presume that's Bradford. Both him and Tebow have gone bach to school for another year. Which should make the college game fun again next year...

I presume that's Bradford. Both him and Tebow have gone bach to school for another year. Which should make the college game fun again next year...

Yep thats the one. Couldnt remember his name for the life of me. next years draft will definitly have some talent in it. There is talk of a lot of teams trying to trade down in this draft or completely trading out of the 1st round and gaining an extra 1st round pick for next years one.

Yep thats the one. Couldnt remember his name for the life of me. next years draft will definitly have some talent in it. There is talk of a lot of teams trying to trade down in this draft or completely trading out of the 1st round and gaining an extra 1st round pick for next years one.

Now it isn't often I'll say this, but the Cardinals seem to have timed this 'good season' well.

• 1 month later...

Just over a month to the draft now. Been trying my upmost to keep up with it all and then the Bronco's mess it all up by trying to trade Cutler, not got a clue now whats gonna happen if he's traded (possible 3 team trade between the Bronco's, Lion's and the Browns looks the most likely trade at the moment). I'd expect at least the 1st overall pick to come to Denver and possibly Brady Quinn or another 1st round pick.

Can't beleive they tried to trade their pro bowl QB for a one season wonder in Matt Cassel. Besides that they have done a really goog job improving their secondary so i would expect a linebacker and a defensive linemen to be taken early on in the draft providing Cutler or Quinn is starting otherwise Stafford, Sanchez or White may well be taken 1st.

• 4 weeks later...
Patriots, third toughest after not making the playoffs. It's all a conspiracy..

"Another season, another set of challenges for New England. In addition to the league's third toughest strength of schedule, the Patriots will have to manage a trip to London."

Hold on - it's an away game that will be like a home game, followed by a bye week?

Not an easy schedule though. Let's all hope they don't make the playoffs*.

*And see if the Cardinals can make it with a losing record this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ding, ding, Round 1:

1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB

2 Rams Jason Smith OT

3 Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE

4 Seahawks Aaron Curry OLB

5 Jets Mark Sanchez QB

6 Bengals Andre Smith OT

7 Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR

8 Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT

9 Packers B.J. Raji DT

10 49ers Michael Crabtree WR

11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE

12 Broncos Knowshon Moreno RB

13 Redskins Brian Orakpo DE

14 Saints Malcolm Jenkins CB

15 Texans Brian Cushing OLB

16 Chargers Larry English DE

17 Buccaneers Josh Freeman QB

18 Broncos Robert Ayers LB

19 Eagles Jeremy Maclin WR

20 Lions Brandon Pettigrew TE

21 Browns Alex Mack C

22 Vikings Percy Harvin WR

23 Ravens Michael Oher OT

24 Falcons Peria Jerry DT

25 Dolphins Vontae Davis CB

26 Packers Clay Matthews OLB

27 Colts Donald Brown RB

28 Bills Eric Wood C

29 Giants Hakeem Nicks WR

30 Titans Kenny Britt WR

31 Cardinals Chris Wells RB

32 Steelers Evander Hood DT

Well happy getting Beanie Wells at pick 31. May, may, just be the power RB we've been looking for to make us more than one dimensional. Plus Anquin Bolden staying is very good news.

Jenkins hopefully will help to be part of the secondary patch up exercise that we so desparately need.

Our off-season tracker highlights:

Fired Gary Gibbs (Defensive Coordinator)

Hired Bill Johnson as DL Coach (Denver Broncos)

Hired Bret Ingalls as RB Coach

Gregg Williams as Defensive Coordinator

Cut David Patten - WR

Cut Deuce McAllister - RB (he can do the dirty yards, but salary, fitness, and his real lack of flexibility outside of the 1-2yd rush isn't worth him hanging around)

Signed J. Vilma - LB. (5 YRs Deal) - This was a priority.

Cut Mike Karney (RB)

Cut Kevin Kaesviharn (S)

Im suprised the Broncos took a RB with the 12th pick but he is one hell of a good player. I also like the Ayre pick aswell as it was obvious we had trouble getting pressure on the QB and the defence definitly needed adressing.

Now next year we can think about replacing Cutler with one of Bradford, McCoy or Tebow unless Orton works out which could very well do.

Strange one. Most pundits are in agreeance that it was a decent draft for once on the Lions' behalf, and ultimately they're the ones in the know. If they think the Lions have a franchise QB in Stafford then fair enough. I just hope Delmas turns out to be the defensive playmaker we so desperately need, otherwise the decision to overlook Curry could well be one of those typical Lions draft moments.

Having said all that, Brandon Pettigrew looks a top prospect.

B J Raji and Clay Matthews for the Packers!

Is that good? :huh:

Clay Matthews is a good pick. He was in a decent setup at USC which can be deceiving for punters like me though.

Haven't really seen much of Boston College, so can't really say much about Raji. Not the best in terms of discipline so far though, by all accounts (on the pitch and edumacationwise).

B J Raji and Clay Matthews for the Packers!

Is that good? :huh:

Raji is rumoured to be a bit stupid to put it politely and was stopped from playing for a year to catch up with his sudies. But he is a good selestion and the best NT in the draft and will help the packers switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4.

Mathews is a player a lot like and a lot don't like. He is quite small for a linebacker as he started of as a saftey and is also questioned a lot about how he got bigger (possible use of steroids, but so far nothing has been proven.)

Edited by nava

• 3 weeks later...