Windass

OVerall very disapointed with him... Flashes of brillance granteed but so far he hasnt been a success for me...

I think come the summer (play offs) he could prove to be the man that dose something special and gets us through but I am wondering if he is going to improve quick enough for us to make it... He was awful today...

Whats the general thoughts?

Edited by oafc0000

OVerall very disapointed with him... Flashes of brillance granteed but so far he hasnt been a success for me...

I think come the summer (play offs) he could prove to be the man that dose something special and gets us through but I am wondering if he is going to improve quick enough for us to make it... He was awful today...

Whats the general thoughts?

He looks knackered after 5 minutes but looks might be decieving ?

Sorry, but at 39, he no longer has the physical atributes. He has the mind and the skill in his feet but he can no longer 'do it on the pitch'. At the risk of being slandered he was a really bad acquisition, and remember, Eyres was far far better and more mobile at his age yet he was considered past it.

Sorry, but at 39, he no longer has the physical atributes. He has the mind and the skill in his feet but he can no longer 'do it on the pitch'. At the risk of being slandered he was a really bad acquisition, and remember, Eyres was far far better and more mobile at his age yet he was considered past it.

I am thinking he needs a good month to get match fit and then it might be a better time to judge him. Going off his games so far it is easy to see why he never got a sniff in the premiership against a lot of footballers with high fitness levels.

Most creative player on the pitch.

Won the game v Stockport last week.

Can't do it all by himself though can he?

midfoeld

He's a luxury Latics don't need, for a long time now the team has been lacking a big powerful centre forward who can hold the ball and bring others into play, why hasn't the manager done anything about this ?

Edited by BP1960

He's a luxury Latics don't need, the team has been lacking a big powerful centre forward who can hold the ball for a long time now, why hasn't the manager done anything about this ?

We did seem to play better with a pint sized centre forward holding the ball up.

But then Shez started pratting about in the loan market.

You cannot fault his link up play when the midfield get it into his feet but where is the service to our front two, i think the worlds greatest forward would look :censored:e in our team, forwards are judged on the amount of goals they score but we dont have any creativity to open anybody up. (Kilkenny anyone)

You cannot fault his link up play when the midfield get it into his feet but where is the service to our front two, i think the worlds greatest forward would look :censored:e in our team, forwards are judged on the amount of goals they score but we dont have any creativity to open anybody up. (Kilkenny anyone)

Agree,the service today to the strikers was pretty poor but i still wonder what Allesandra has done wrong,he and Hughes best partnership for me.

My God this board is getting worse. Dean Windass can't head a ball FFS where has that come from?

The ONE major, significant flaw in our team is the midfield creating one dimensional football for long periods. The service is dire by any description.

Would also like to bet he can out run 99% on this board. He is not match fit accepted but given the right service will still do a good job for us. Fleetwood Blue has it spot on ANY forward would struggle in our team as the oppo tactics are stick two on Taylor and he goes quiet. The rest are all alike and none in a rich vein of form or consistency.

i have to admit i thought todays game by him was pretty poor....that said he is 39 and its 3rd game in 7 days,common sense would of said he didnt play tuesday as he needed a rest,so he could be a bit fresh for todays games..but our manager doesnt use common sense does he.

even though today was pretty poor,he did still manage a decent percentages of flick ons and lay offs,and the players still cant read him....i dont know what they do in training,but they sure as hell dont practice playing with him and his flick ons....

he is here until the end of the season....so use him wisely i say..maybe tuesday give lewis a run out with hughes and name windy on the bench,if it aint working after 60 mins bring him on,by then his awareness may just pay off.

maybe, just maybe, if our midfield wasnt so inefective (and windass wasnt so unselfish) he wouldnt be trying to do two jobs. yes hes 39, no wonder hes knackered. i cant believe how deep he keeps dropping, i never realised he was such a team player. am i right? im not wrong.

My God this board is getting worse. Dean Windass can't head a ball FFS where has that come from?

The ONE major, significant flaw in our team is the midfield creating one dimensional football for long periods. The service is dire by any description.

Would also like to bet he can out run 99% on this board. He is not match fit accepted but given the right service will still do a good job for us. Fleetwood Blue has it spot on ANY forward would struggle in our team as the oppo tactics are stick two on Taylor and he goes quiet. The rest are all alike and none in a rich vein of form or consistency.

Spot on.

Unfortunately, it there is an opposition player around, he doesn't look interested in jumping to win headers at all, maybe his back has gone, but he lost header after header yesterday.

missed yesterdays game due to being ill (a blessing in disguise possibly?) so I can only comment on his Stockport performance and that was outstanding. One of the most creavtive performances I've seen at Oldham in years, he looked absolute class and never stopped working all game.

Think the more games he plays the more match sharp he's gonna become and more dangerous he will become.

I also think he gives us a edge mentally. When an opposing defence looks at team sheet and see they are up against Windass and Hughes they know they're gonna be in for a tough game