Club Comment On Transfer Window?

Still is harmless.

Some of us have thrown our hands in the air in exasperation at it being started and OAFC000 vented his frustration. No problem in that.

Its only a problem when it comes from me it seems :)

People post the same points of view and dont get attacked :)

People got arsey with me FIRST... Any need for the Warrington comment ? Probably not...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:laught16: Chip on my shoulder? I'm pretty sure that anybody who knows me via this board or who has met me would telly you that I'm probably the least likely person to have a chip on their shoulder about anything.

"Unnecessary point scoring"? So what's with the ':censored: stirring' jibe then? Who was :censored: stirring? Seems to me that a couple of fans, me included had voiced an opinion that we thought it odd the club hadn't commented on the closure of the window.

Seems to me there there was only one of us :censored: stirring.....................

Dan, you always have a massive chip on your shoulder.

Always.

Paddy, you've let me down. I thought it would have been Wilson on here sticking the knife in! :wink:

Funnily enough mate I was just about to reply with the following:

Dan is a well balanced individual - chips on both shoulders!

Before you start - yes, I am fully aware that once in a while I have been known to get the odd bee in my bonnet :wink: .

Derek.

O dear.

handbags....pistols at dawn or a boxing match to see who is the better,lol

i understand where people are comming from regarding a statement from the club on the transfer window....

other clubs in other leagues have informed fans of whats been going on,but we made one signing,and its hardley up there with robbie keane or arshavin is it.

maybe,the club could of tagged a load of stuff in with it as to why they posted 2 signings and only 1 turned up,no official offers made for players etc etc....but to be honest i dont think thats the managers job...maybe the media guys could of done something with the odd line thrown in from shez or hardy,but i wouldnt say its the end of the world that we havent had a statement.

other clubs in other leagues have informed fans of whats been going on,but we made one signing,and its hardley up there with robbie keane or arshavin is it.

We have made 3 (loan) signings. Shez did his business early in the window as opposed to leaving it until the last minute, as most fans prefer. What happens? People forget! :lol:

We have made 3 (loan) signings. Shez did his business early in the window as opposed to leaving it until the last minute, as most fans prefer. What happens? People forget! :lol:

people dont forget,it was noted when done and dusted then....i think the general concensus for this thread is that the toys are out as noone has come out and said how pleased we are that none of our stars have gone,and that by keeping the squad together we have a better chance of the playoffs.....i think...lol

In tonight's rarely wong Chron Tommy says he was relieved that Athletic managed to hold on to Lee Hughes and Chris Taylor, who had been linked to moves away from Boundary Park in the January transfer window.

“We appreciate money is tight at the club,” said Wright. “But we have managed to sign Daniel on loan and the most pleasing aspect is that we didn’t lose any of our key players.”

Does that count a a "Club Comment On Transfer Window"?

In tonight's rarely wong Chron Tommy says he was relieved that Athletic managed to hold on to Lee Hughes and Chris Taylor, who had been linked to moves away from Boundary Park in the January transfer window.

“We appreciate money is tight at the club,” said Wright. “But we have managed to sign Daniel on loan and the most pleasing aspect is that we didn’t lose any of our key players.”

Wont be enough for some :)

It's nice to hear Diego, but I think it became increasingly clear as the day wore on that Latics weren't about to fall victim of a 'delayed paperwork' fiasco. Still, think it was a decent window to gain DJ and not to lose the 'crown jewels' so to speak.

It's nice to hear Diego, but I think it became increasingly clear as the day wore on that Latics weren't about to fall victim of a 'delayed paperwork' fiasco. Still, think it was a decent window to gain DJ and not to lose the 'crown jewels' so to speak.

Ditto.

I'm sure Hughes / Taylors game was effected by it all.... I know that Chris just wanted last month over with.

Certainly glad DJ is back and don't forget Windass was brought in during the transfer window. A

more creative midfielder may have been nice but for me the squads all there ..... it's this magic word of consistancy that's seems to go missing.

What's the point in your post other than to get personal....

Yes the point Mr KTF made is personal as far as I can see, and shock horror quite amusing.

Why post back with such a banal reply, as they used to say "like a big girls blouse"

Either have a pop back or ignore it ffs, its not difficult.

Bloomin' 'eck some of the folks who inhabit these 'ere boards these days have skin tinner than a rice puddin'.

And that DW1968 is one of the reasons people don't post as much as they used too.**

** sorry DW this is extreme delayed replying, saw your reply to me WestHam/Millwall pre Crimbo thread a couple of weeks ago, had never seen the "raconteur" thread you mentioned in the reply. I have since searched it out and should have replied, so I have partly now, but other things come into it too, as I'm sure we probably discussed on a long thread in a galaxy far far away, well on JKL!