Sky Coverage

Lets hope this sets us up for the rest of the season.

Just because the Cameras gave a good impression of the latics shouldn't allow the lads not to perform like this week in week out.

We were the better team on the day... the lineman a joke

They also said we had the 4th smallest budget in the league, or was that Windass? Getting a bit hazy now.

They were soooo pro-Leicester, it was like we had no right to turn up and put up a fight, or even maybe win it. I thought the actual match commentators were much more complimentary than the pre/post match team.

Have I just made sense? :blink:

my rant...

''sky are so ignorant, taylor on the right and smalley on the left?... usual crap coverage of the lower league sides, they know nothing''

5 mins later im getting laughed at by a house full of manure and citeh fans cos i ''know nothing about oldham''

:blush:

Hands up if you swore at Sky's lack of knowledge :toilet: when they said Taylor would play on the right and Smalley on the left!!

(even tho Taylor started on the right against them at BP)

:lol::blush: . I developed a rant about Peter Beagrie knowing buggar all about us haha.

Hands up if you swore at Sky's lack of knowledge :toilet: when they said Taylor would play on the right and Smalley on the left!!

(even tho Taylor started on the right against them at BP)

Yes, and at Peter Beagrie's half-time analysis, and every time the commentators said "he's loving this" about Windass when he went in goal.........

At least the commentators were knowledgeable enough to point out how disgraceful the officials were and sighed in disbelief when Smalley had a free-kick given against him for shielding the ball in the corner flag.

who were the 2commentators at half time ,i saw it on my pc and they never said their names?

It was Alan Parry (commentated on loads of our Littlewoods Cup escapades) and Gary Birtles I think. At one point, after Fryatt missed another shot from tight angle with other players waiting for a pass, they had a bit off a fall out! I thought Birtles was pretty good. Parry was same as he was 20 years ago...

It was Alan Parry (commentated on loads of our Littlewoods Cup escapades) and Gary Birtles I think. At one point, after Fryatt missed another shot from tight angle with other players waiting for a pass, they had a bit off a fall out! I thought Birtles was pretty good. Parry was same as he was 20 years ago...

Birtles was incensed by the decision to give a free kick against Smalley when he was shielding the ball in the corner.

"That's well out of order!"

what about that tackle by smalley in the first half, made a right thud but won it cleanly. birtles loved that one

if he shows that sort of attitude and bravery every week he will be some player in the future

Barely any mention of how well the rest of our players did. Why did Deano keep a clean sheet? Largely down to the 9 men infront of him, running their bollocks off.

The build up was always going to be biased towards the league leaders. But the match commentary was really even and fair I thought and the comments about the fact that most teams go there and put men behind the ball etc whilst we were still going for it with 10 men were very pro-Latics.

Watched the Championship on Sunday and it pretty much showed a one-sided game except the Taylor pen shout. I know on clear cut chances they were better, but we were very much in the game and with a bit of luck / better final ball we'd have won.