Golbourne

He may have come into the side with performances that haven't kinda light any blue touch paper but I like how he doesn't switch off and stop. Many defenders stop rooted to the spot and watch when a player bursts through, but correct me if I am wrong Golbourne as cleared three certain goals off the line whilst here. May I add many other defenders wouldn't have been close to a position to even do it.

He may have come into the side with performances that haven't kinda light any blue touch paper but I like how he doesn't switch off and stop. Many defenders stop rooted to the spot and watch when a player bursts through, but correct me if I am wrong Golbourne as cleared three certain goals off the line whilst here. May I add many other defenders wouldn't have been close to a position to even do it.

He's looked good since coming in. If DJ hadn't signed up I'd be hoping we'd be contemplating a similar move for Scott. Even now, he's an option for next season depending on Wolves' plans for DJ...if they go up I'm sure they'll let him go, but if not then we could be back to square one, and we could do a lot worse than Scott.

He's looked good since coming in. If DJ hadn't signed up I'd be hoping we'd be contemplating a similar move for Scott. Even now, he's an option for next season depending on Wolves' plans for DJ...if they go up I'm sure they'll let him go, but if not then we could be back to square one, and we could do a lot worse than Scott.

We could of course use DJ as a winger with Golbourne playing behind him.

I am in no way saying Golbourne is a world beater. More pointing out this one quality he seems to have of not switching off and stopping like alot of defenders do. Again I am not calling Gregan here cos he was a mountain yesterday, but watch the reply where Golbourne clears off the line. Gregan is looking back rooted to the spot whilst Golbourne as carried on running back and gets his reward.

I am in no way saying Golbourne is a world beater. More pointing out this one quality he seems to have of not switching off and stopping like alot of defenders do. Again I am not calling Gregan here cos he was a mountain yesterday, but watch the reply where Golbourne clears off the line. Gregan is looking back rooted to the spot whilst Golbourne as carried on running back and gets his reward.

He was certainly switched on for that clearance, it was as valuable as a goal! I can't make my mind up just how good Golbourne is but yes he's easy good enough for us. Good addition Shez....

Going of memory wasn't Greegs wrong-footed rather than switched off?

yeah switched off maybe the wrong phrase.....I mean once the ball goes past many defenders with little chance of catching up and the attacker closing in on goal, many stay rooted and watch. So even if the goal keeper delays the attcker no chance of recovering. You know what I mean....youre all football watchers.

Golbourne reminds me a lot like Betrand when he first played for us. He appears to be getting better and better with every game and is very good defensively and can contribute further up the field (much more so than Lomax). He's earned us at least two points with goal line clearances which is more than you'd ask for from a loan full-back (certainly contributed more than Byfield and Ormerod put together).

If things work out for us next season I would love to see him and Jones playing together down the left- as having two players capable of playing full back on one side is never a bad thing IMHO. This would also free up Taylor to play on the right (probably his better side) and I think Taylor and Eardley could work well together (as Taylor can cover a lot better than Liddell).

Golbourne reminds me a lot like Betrand when he first played for us. He appears to be getting better and better with every game and is very good defensively and can contribute further up the field (much more so than Lomax). He's earned us at least two points with goal line clearances which is more than you'd ask for from a loan full-back (certainly contributed more than Byfield and Ormerod put together).

If things work out for us next season I would love to see him and Jones playing together down the left- as having two players capable of playing full back on one side is never a bad thing IMHO. This would also free up Taylor to play on the right (probably his better side) and I think Taylor and Eardley could work well together (as Taylor can cover a lot better than Liddell).

Sounds like a plan......

Not to mention that he chucked himself at it, despite a reasonable possibility he wasgoing to injure himself.