Dont play chicken with a train...your going to lose one day...

oafc0000

I would whole heartedly agree that doing this is stupid but on the first video its not obvious that the lights are going (its probably the angle) and if you look at the second video (which is the same incident but from the other side) the crossing is on a bend in the road and this may not be a 30mph road (the car involved certainly isn't doing 30). If a car gets hit because of poor/faulty signalling (I would think that crossing needs another set of lights further up the road from where the car came from) then I'm sorry but that isn't the driver's fault its the responsibility of the rail people. Its better these 'mistakes' (if they are mistakes- it not easy to tell on the footage) are corrected now than correcting them after something tragic happens.

I would whole heartedly agree that doing this is stupid but on the first video its not obvious that the lights are going (its probably the angle) and if you look at the second video (which is the same incident but from the other side) the crossing is on a bend in the road and this may not be a 30mph road (the car involved certainly isn't doing 30).

Looking very closely at the first video you can just see that the lights are in fact flashing. And in the second video there is ample time for the car to slow down even with the bend. Even if the lights were broke he/she should have seen that the car coming in the opposite direction had stopped.

I would imagine it's very rare if not impossible for a road to be higher than a 30 limit on a level crossing, even more so in this case, so I would wager that the driver was speeding.

I've very little sympathy for anyone who chooses to drive like a :censored:

Looking very closely at the first video you can just see that the lights are in fact flashing. And in the second video there is ample time for the car to slow down even with the bend. Even if the lights were broke he/she should have seen that the car coming in the opposite direction had stopped.

I would imagine it's very rare if not impossible for a road to be higher than a 30 limit on a level crossing, even more so in this case, so I would wager that the driver was speeding.

I've very little sympathy for anyone who chooses to drive like a :censored:

I thought that was the case (especially the 30mph bit) I just wanted to put the theory out there. I would agree though anyone who drives like that :censored: will one day get what's coming to them and if they are lucky will be living off the state for the rest of their days.

These nutters remind me of more sheer comical stupidity...

http://www.switch.tv/videos/371

And to think these people actually accused the council of acting dangerously!!! Beyond words...

I've seen these before, the last one with the transit driver you can see the windscreen smashed where the passenger has struck it with his napper, fools....

I've seen these before, the last one with the transit driver you can see the windscreen smashed where the passenger has struck it with his napper, fools....

There was a big kick off with people and newspapers (MEN) moaning that manchester city council where out of order by having those barriers... The mind boggles... They should of been prosecuted for dangerous driving!!

seeing this is annoying for me cause the people look like they have little regard for life and that they dont understand how it can be taken away so easily. someone off my course died on friday when they were hit by a bus and though i didnt really know them i know that its really upset some of my mates and no doubt his family. they couldnt anticipate his death and never could say anything they may have wanted to. also these people dont appear to think about the driver of the train and how there was a good chance that their lives could have been ruined if they had been hit

seeing this is annoying for me cause the people look like they have little regard for life and that they dont understand how it can be taken away so easily. someone off my course died on friday when they were hit by a bus and though i didnt really know them i know that its really upset some of my mates and no doubt his family. they couldnt anticipate his death and never could say anything they may have wanted to. also these people dont appear to think about the driver of the train and how there was a good chance that their lives could have been ruined if they had been hit

happens a lot at where i work too....

it always angers me when it does happen, cause the system generally shuts down in it's entirety or huge sections of it... then you always get the general public who then start kicking off and blaming yet another driver on why they can't get home/ gonna be late for work etc etc...

most of our drivers tend to disappear for 6 months or so...and then have a few months more out being 'baby-sat' whilst they find their confidence..(i know cause that's part of my job to do that!!)..

personally speaking it's the way that people think that the phone call they are taking or the music they are listening too is more important than anything else... mmmmm 50 tonne trams say different!!!!

boils down to this 'french connection UK ' you attitude that we have in britain...

red traffic lights for instance.....

i'm the last in a line of traffic..... i can go through!

i'm late for work ..... i'm going through!

it's early in the morning .... i don't need to stop!

i've waited far too long ..... i'm going through!

or my all time favourite..........

eejut wants to cross the road, see's car/tram coming.... "what ya gonna do? run me over?"

that lad with the trainer was in the mail at the weekend........ wonder how much they paid him for the story???

Edited by thetramdriver