Charity Kit?

It might not be as in your face as pink but wouldn't a skin cancer charity outfit be appropriate? Or even testicular cancer.

It's a very good point Dave. However, I'm pretty sure the logo for the main testicular cancer charity is sky blue, and I reckon we'd meet een more resistance trying to flog sky blue shirts!

Makes me shudder at the thought!

It might not be as in your face as pink but wouldn't a skin cancer charity outfit be appropriate? Or even testicular cancer.

Dave, I do agree with you on principle. Breast Cancer is the most widely supported and receives the most funding of all the different types of cancers, but it isn’t the most prevalent. I believe the chances of a man getting prostate cancer (and I think testicular cancer) are higher than a woman getting breast cancer. I would think doing something for a charity to raise awareness for either testicular/prostate or even skin cancer could be better.

HOWEVER

Due to the fact there is greater awareness of breast cancer, more things can be done about it. In this case the money is going to the Breast Cancer Unit at Royal Oldham, so their will be instant benefits to the people of Oldham. Also due to the fact there is a lot of support (especially among women), the publicity that we will receive will be much greater than if we support something else.

Well done to the Club it's a great idea and the kit looks great.

As a woman, I hope I never have to use the facilities at the Victoria Breast Unit.

Hopefully, this match will be released on DVD at the club shop afterwards as well, to help raise the proceeds. I will certainly buy it, even if it is just to see those big, hard men like Gregan, Hughes and Windass resplendent in Pink. :wink:

If you know your facts the mantra is " Its very much age related and you are more likely to die with prostate cancer than from it." Consultant Mr Sharma's words not mine. Whilst being equally as devasting to the individual the chances of Breast Cancer affecting all age groups is far greater.

The introduction of Zoladex implants in Prostate patients has a massive result without invasive surgery. For the blokes out there ask for a PSA blood test if any concerns.

Believe also the chances of Breast Cancer forming metastisis in other major organs is far higher.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have heard/read various things in the past and over time and the way in which things are interpreted can go a bit shcew wiff. Like with testicular cancer, having just looked at Cancerhelp, it is the most commonist form of cancer within young men but is still quite rare.

At the end of the day, its already increasing awareness.

i'd love to see this at Boundary Park

If he stood beside Neville in the wall you'd think him and Gary had a less well known brother :wink:

I do sometimes feel that breast and cervical cancer get a disproportionate amount of attention as they are seen as womens' issues, I can't see how cancer should be a part of the gender debate (although I believe that around 1 in 10 breat cancer suffers are male anyway?). But that's certainly no reason not to supprt this or any other campaign for them.

There is also a lot support for breasts amongst men too, sometime even more so!

Yes, yes, serious issue I know but I can't resist making a tit gag.

Gag aside that is a very good point... men suffer as a result of breast cancer also in the form of losing a loved one. 11 men running round in a pink kit as an awareness and money raiser is a brilliant idea. I hope it influences more ideas in a similar way, with the club and as individuals.