Signing!

Here's the centre back that was promised. I am not sure it's the right area for now, that's not to say it's not in the future. Who will he drop? Gregan or Rubes for Hines to play. Or his he just cover for suspensions? if so where does it leave Stam? seems to be Stams last season here to me.

If Hines is here as pure cover that says we are to go with what we've had prior apart from Jones when fit. Over the past 2 months (less the Leicester effort) we've been found wanting. Hope I am wrong and the boys turn it round.

Edited by Lags

Yup... That's what I thought... Nice guy but average defender at best... His abilities or lack of them where shown up quiet a bit last season.

When he has been called upon this season, he has done well imho - I believe his contract is up at the end of the season and that he may well be looking to head back to Holland :wink:

maybe saturday when taylors suspended we may go eardley right wing Hazell right back Hines centre half and when Ruebans suspended we may use him at centre half, god knows does anyone no if he can play midfield?

Do not, under any circumstances, suggest that sort of nonsense to Mr Sheridan!

That's how I read it - I think that he will be used in midfield - the article alludes to some of his potential qualities.

Now where is this goalkeeper?? :angry: Oh and another striker please :wink:

You reckon he will be used in a holding role ? With Allott pushing up...

Edited by oafc0000

Right...because that's the correct way to judge a player...

Not on its own.

But it is one hell of an important part of the overall assessment of how good (or not) a centre half is. Or do you not consider the goals conceded important?

And I don't exepct him to be on the playing staff next season.

Edited by opinions4u

Exactly and the majority of His personal performance have been gash...

Entitled to your view.

While he's never going to be the new Beckenbauer he did a job last season and did it well.

He also did a job this season when Gregan had his wobble.

Worked well alongside Hazell. Less so with Haining.

Right...because that's the correct way to judge a player...

How do define you a good centre-back? A definition of this over-used word 'gash' would be appreciated as well.

I would say being part of a mean defence is a good benchmark.

Best partnership last season was Stam/Trotman in terms of goals conceded, followed Stam/Hazell.

How do define you a good centre-back? A definition of this over-used word 'gash' would be appreciated as well.

I would say being part of a mean defence is a good benchmark.

Best partnership last season was Stam/Trotman in terms of goals conceded, followed Stam/Hazell.

Your whole might as well said how do I tie my shoe laces :)