The art of the set piece

Has Maher finally solved it?

2 brilliant deliveries, despatched by Hazell and Windass. First time in I-can't-remember where we looked a clear threat every time we got a set piece near their goal.

We'll probably be back to hitting that first man again, but it was refreshing to see us do well at them today.

Totally agree Maher was awesome from set pieces today.

One of the reasons we bought him. I actually think Shez switch's between him, Allott and Whits a little to much. He needs to stick to two and unless things goes really pear shape keep with them.

Maher got a decent run before xmas then Shez dropped him ? Allott and him for me ... Whits offers a great option (especially with his energy) off the bench.

Perhaps it all down to that UEFA course the manager and his assistant went on last week,

Suggested themes;

Day 1. How to baffle your opponents by trying new formations no one has seen before.

Day 2. The benefits of clearing the first man on corner kicks. :)

We got a free kick on the left, near, the corner flag, shortly after Hazell's goal.

I was gobsmacked that Hazell wasn't sent forward to attack that one as well. Their defence was poor at set pieces and we exploited it. More of the same next week please :comeon:

Less of these relevant comments. Come up with Day 4. It's not like you have to be Jack Bauer.

I've always thought Maher should be first choice, his set pieces are excellent and it's always good to have a steady head patrolling the midfield. I reckon if he keeps up those set-pieces Hazell could get a few more like that, he's got a tremendous leap on him.

Edited by JonesyOAFC