Stockport Days From Administration

I have it on very good authority that Stockport are days away from administration, they need to find a sizeable chunk of cash before the end of the month. They are hoping to loan Raines to Peterborough this week who will probably pay them an advance loan fee very similar to what happened when one of their lads went to Swansea.

If this deal doesnt go through they could be in administration before the end of the month, there is someone waiting in the wings to takeover. I cant reveal my source but its golden.

Guest sheridans_world

Who needs good authority?

Their chairman as good as says it... >>here<<

They need to find £250k in the next two weeks, then need to find £150k a month thereafter. Thats just to pay the tax man...

Also, the MD who quit earlier this month is allegedly heading up a consortium to take over county...

They need to find £250k in the next two weeks, then need to find £150k a month thereafter. Thats just to pay the tax man...

Also, the MD who quit earlier this month is allegedly heading up a consortium to take over county...

Latest news on that is the consortium have ditched him, but still interested in taking over there are a few other issues as well which I am sure will come out soon.

Edited by penrhyn

Latest news on that is the consortium have ditched him, but still interested in taking over there are a few other issues as well which I am sure will come out soon.

There are 2 consortium looking at SCFC, the MD that left 2 weeks ago is part of one consortium.

It seems from what I have been told, so it may not be true is that, that the MD who left, did so after withholding some inland revenues bills so that the consortium could buy them cheaper if they went into Administration. illedgedly, gossip and heresay :wink:

Nice

I have it on very good authority that Stockport are days away from administration, they need to find a sizeable chunk of cash before the end of the month. They are hoping to loan Raines to Peterborough this week who will probably pay them an advance loan fee very similar to what happened when one of their lads went to Swansea.

If this deal doesnt go through they could be in administration before the end of the month, there is someone waiting in the wings to takeover. I cant reveal my source but its golden.

It shows how fortunate we are -

Stockport have had a good run since Gannon took over-

Play offs at wembley and promotion .gates that are 1000 + above ours on average and had to sell 2 of their best players for £750k recently.

AND still in a financial mess.

Thank you TTA.

From what I've read on a different board, they can't go into administration as they have no assets to administer beyond the players (the stadium is owned by Sale Sharks). If they can't balance things with HMRC then the only option for them is liquidation.

Didn't stop us from going into administration.

From what I've read on a different board, they can't go into administration as they have no assets to administer beyond the players (the stadium is owned by Sale Sharks). If they can't balance things with HMRC then the only option for them is liquidation.

The whole point of administration is that you pay an agreed amount to creditors, usually significantly less than what you owe.

I seem to recall (feel free to correct my numbers) Leeds paid 1% of their tax bill and were allowed to carry on trading.

Tommy Rowe - looked good last season, less so this season. Been playing at left back for some strange reason. But yes, a good addition to any League One side. Not sure about Championship though.

Didn't stop us from going into administration.

If I remember correctly it did! Moore wouldn't let us go into admin as it would have affected his reputation and his ability to run his companies. It was only when Jarvis and Joy were given the club and he agreed to wipe out the money 'owed' to him that the club were allowed to go into admin (i think there was more to it - as we went into admin at the beginning of September and a week or so later TTA appeared on the scene to look at the books etc... I'm sure the £200k the Trust had raised was a bargaining tool with the liquidators too) I'm sure people such as Dave Hudson will be able to clarify. But I know that admin was not an option until Moore handed the club over.

Obviously, we've had a few issues with County this season but I wouldn't wish this on any set of fans.

I hope something comes up trumps for them.

i'm the same really - had a few dealings with them this season haven't we, but like you say - we've been through it & its not pleasent is it - hope it all works out for them in the end

Slightly off topic Gannon is one hell of a great manager. Unfortunately for them, he is definately destined for things bigger and better than County.

Yet to be tested in the transfer market.

But if you're asking a manager to play with kids on a small budget next season, I'd have him at BP.