Macca

Avoid France!

Great ski-ing.

They hate us.

It's expensive.

They really hate us.

Cramped apartments.

They really, really hate us.

Ignorant barstaff, waiters, lift attendants!

They really, really, really hate us!

:grin: There is never a bad time to rubbish the French....

I'm looking at going skiing next winter but don't know where to go! Anybody with any suggestions? Heard Andorra is a pretty good place to go?

I learnt to ski in Andorra three years ago. Great place to learn, mainly green, blue and red slopes, just a handful of blacks. If you've been before and you're ready for some bigger challenges and steeper runs then I'd still clear. If you're learning though, you can't go far wrong with Andorra.

Edited by jsslatic

My best mate has been in Mammoth, California all winter (he's a sponsored snowboarder the bastard) and absolutely loves it. However I spoke to him on Sunday and he is now in San Diego having been flown in by his new sweetheart Rikki, one half of the American MTV 'Double Shot at Love' stars the 'Ikki Twins', who are openly bisexual.

61d4feb4d3_IkkiTwins_12302008.jpg

I've told him that unless he can convince Vikki to fly me out then we're no longer such good friends.

My best mate has been in Mammoth, California all winter (he's a sponsored snowboarder the bastard) and absolutely loves it. However I spoke to him on Sunday and he is now in San Diego having been flown in by his new sweetheart Rikki, one half of the American MTV 'Double Shot at Love' stars the 'Ikki Twins', who are openly bisexual.

61d4feb4d3_IkkiTwins_12302008.jpg

I've told him that unless he can convince Vikki to fly me out then we're no longer such good friends.

Mammoth, California it is then! I went to Bansko in Bulgaria skiing a couple of years ago but didn't see anything like that at all, beer is very cheap there though as scotty says.

I've only done a weeks skiing and it's been that long I've probably forgotten everything! Slovenia and Andorra sound good to me. £2.50 a pint isn't bad when it's in a Euro country.

why do they hate us?

Dunno really!!!

I'm guessing it's a historical thing.

Spanked them in most conflicts between us.

Everytime there's industrial action in France, they block the Channel ports. Not any Atlantic ports, not any Mediterranean ports, just ports that will affect Britain.

The daft thing is, the British are very generous on holiday. I've been to Austria several times and found them to be friendly, even to the point of inviting you to dance on tables.

I'm looking at going skiing next winter but don't know where to go! Anybody with any suggestions? Heard Andorra is a pretty good place to go?

Ive worked in Andorra, Livigno (italy), Austria,

if you are looking for the best (cheapest) night life i would go for Andorra, (slopes not as good as livigno)

best for skiing/boarding, livigno, (nightlife is also good)

a :censored: time, Austria!!!

if you are looking for a few women dont go to Mandorra!

livigno 5 hrs from airport, andorra 3-4 hrs from airport, austria 1-2 hrs from airport.

*cough* William 1066, Saintonge War 1242, Saint-Sardos 1324, Joan of Arc 1453, they did us up in the Italian Wars, the Irish Jacobites tag teamed with the Cheese Eaters for a truce in the Nine Years War c.1688, the Frogs stabbed us in the back in the American Revolutionary Wars around 1779, the French Republique took us to the cleaners in 1802, and Nappy made us look daft for a bit until we slapped him around at Waterloo, just after tiffin - 1815 (that's quarter past six in the evening).

Nice one Wellington....

*cough* William 1066, Saintonge War 1242, Saint-Sardos 1324, Joan of Arc 1453, they did us up in the Italian Wars, the Irish Jacobites tag teamed with the Cheese Eaters for a truce in the Nine Years War c.1688, the Frogs stabbed us in the back in the American Revolutionary Wars around 1779, the French Republique took us to the cleaners in 1802, and Nappy made us look daft for a bit until we slapped him around at Waterloo, just after tiffin - 1815 (that's quarter past six in the evening).

Nice one Wellington....

Don't forget to throw in the mix: the argie-bargies in Agincourt, Crecy, Blenheim and Trafalgar.

Also De Gaulle never forgot Dunkirk and widely blamed us for France being over-run even though the French had the largest standing army at the outbreak of WW2.

Ive worked in Andorra, Livigno (italy), Austria,

if you are looking for the best (cheapest) night life i would go for Andorra, (slopes not as good as livigno)

best for skiing/boarding, livigno, (nightlife is also good)

a :censored: time, Austria!!!

if you are looking for a few women dont go to Mandorra!

livigno 5 hrs from airport, andorra 3-4 hrs from airport, austria 1-2 hrs from airport.

Opinion, Wogghead.

You've had a :censored: time. I've had brilliant times.

Avoid France!

Great ski-ing.

They hate us.

It's expensive.

They really hate us.

Cramped apartments.

They really, really hate us.

Ignorant barstaff, waiters, lift attendants!

They really, really, really hate us!

Agree. Avoid France 100%. The skiing is good if you know what your doing but for everyone else its rubbish. I ended up going to Chamonix a few years ago (a newby with a bunch of experienced Skiiers) and after I got home I read a review in a travel guide that said CHAMONIX – WHERE PEOPLE DIE!!!!

Suffice to say I didn’t rebook to go back the next year.

Andora is supposed to be the best place if you are learning from what I have heard.

Don't forget to throw in the mix: the argie-bargies in Agincourt, Crecy, Blenheim and Trafalgar.

Also De Gaulle never forgot Dunkirk and widely blamed us for France being over-run even though the French had the largest standing army at the outbreak of WW2.

Ah yes, Agincourt...that famous win....where the French happened to get stuck in the mud/marsh and the English tore them apart. One of the 'great' victories.

The English over history have defeated the French...but they've lost more than they've won. The original statement was wrong.

Ah yes, Agincourt...that famous win....where the French happened to get stuck in the mud/marsh and the English tore them apart. One of the 'great' victories.

The English over history have defeated the French...but they've lost more than they've won. The original statement was wrong.

One could argue that Agincourt was a tactical victory for the English based on using the land to their advantage.

One could argue that Agincourt was a tactical victory for the English based on using the land to their advantage.

Yes, I agree - or a blunder by the French - either way all good. But it wasn't just that, Henry VI forced the battle packed tight down a narrow channel (where they couldn't really deploy their weapons) on a ploughed field, and used the strength of his archers the flanks breaking up the advancing French quite easily as they sank in the field. Those who managed to survive the arrows were either slaughtered by the dismounted knights or the longbowmen ran them from the woods sensing the rout.

All very interesting stuff - I've got loads of books regarding military history...