Abject cowardice

I can cope with losing at home to Bristol Rovers, i can cope with an awful performance. I can cope with poor tactical awareness from team and bench and i can cope with the most ridiculously obvious substitutions being overlooked for the :censored: that Shez decides to go with.

What i can't cope with is professional footballers in my teams colours bottling out of every 50/50 challenge in every area of the pitch except Gregan's. Bristol were organised, well coached and once they realised how :censored: scared we seemed of them they abondoned the obvious 'come for a point' mentality and stepped it up enough to win easily. They could never in a million years have expected it would be such a 'men against little boys' type of battle.

We have not the slightest chance of reaching the play offs with that level of committment at the business end of the season.

I can cope with losing at home to Bristol Rovers, i can cope with an awful performance. I can cope with poor tactical awareness from team and bench and i can cope with the most ridiculously obvious substitutions being overlooked for the :censored: that Shez decides to go with.

What i can't cope with is professional footballers in my teams colours bottling out of every 50/50 challenge in every area of the pitch except Gregan's. Bristol were organised, well coached and once they realised how :censored: scared we seemed of them they abondoned the obvious 'come for a point' mentality and stepped it up enough to win easily. They could never in a million years have expected it would be such a 'men against little boys' type of battle.

We have not the slightest chance of reaching the play offs with that level of committment at the business end of the season.

Absolutely spot on!

Have to agree, seen some rubbish at BP over the years but that display is right up there. Totally spineless. The frustrating thing is we'll probably win our next two.

Spot on.

Pride, passion, belief, and commitment. None of these traits cost money nor are the product of coaching badges.

Don't-call-him-gaffer Shez instils none of this into the team. Yeah yeah we do well against the teams around us but sorry anyone can get up for their Cup Final in front of 20,000 and the TV cameras. It's the bread and butter that brings success. Yeovil, Brighton, Orient, Carlisle, Swindon, and now add Bristol Rovers to the list. Five points from a possible 18 against bottom of the table teams. At home.

He needs to go. The only reason we're still in the play offs is because there's a couple of other teams in and around us who seem to be equally as bad. Make no mistake about it, it's not because we're playing well and deserve it.

Shez, please do the decent thing.

E4e

JSOUT

How come we can play like we did at Leicester, passion, commitment, and some skill. Yet a few games later, we play like we did tonight and previously at Yeovil? Unbelievable!

Thats why most of them will never play/never play again above this level don't want to play in front of 3700 then go out and prove you deserve to play on a bigger stage.

Spot on.

Pride, passion, belief, and commitment. None of these traits cost money nor are the product of coaching badges.

Don't-call-him-gaffer Shez instils none of this into the team. Yeah yeah we do well against the teams around us but sorry anyone can get up for their Cup Final in front of 20,000 and the TV cameras. It's the bread and butter that brings success. Yeovil, Brighton, Orient, Carlisle, Swindon, and now add Bristol Rovers to the list. Five points from a possible 18 against bottom of the table teams. At home.

He needs to go. The only reason we're still in the play offs is because there's a couple of other teams in and around us who seem to be equally as bad. Make no mistake about it, it's not because we're playing well and deserve it.

Shez, please do the decent thing.

E4e

JSOUT

Without wanting to make you more angry, we only took 4 points from those games.

How come we can play like we did at Leicester, passion, commitment, and some skill. Yet a few games later, we play like we did tonight and previously at Yeovil? Unbelievable!

I've got an even better one fro you Nikki

Tuesday Oct 28th Oldham 3 - 0 Scunthorpe United

Saturday Nov 1st Oldham 0 - 2 Yeovil Town

What changed in 4 days if it wasn't desire, motivation and mental preparation?

That's exactly what Corney said, the rose-tinted brigade villified him for it. I would love to hear Blitz's take on last night...

Edited by oafcprozac

maybe the players were tired. we don't seem to be able to handle playing a few games in a short space of time.

You heard it in the interview. A draw at yeovil whilst you'd want a win is ok providing you win at home against the Bristols of this world. If you draw or heaven forbid lose then that draw becomes bad.

Edited by Lags

maybe the players were tired. we don't seem to be able to handle playing a few games in a short space of time.

I hope to god that's a whoosh maskedowl.

Two and a half months into the season, a game on Tuesday and another on the Saturday?