I must apologise for last night when we had the penalty and i stood behind the net. I got questioned last night by someone as to why i did it and they questioned wheather i thought i may have put Hughesy off by being there. I just walked behind the net to get a good view but i noticed the keeper was looking to his left a lot so i was pointing to the right to tell Hughsey where to hit it. He didnt listen to me and hit it left and the keeper saved it.

If anyone thinks i was out of order for doing that then i must apologise. :unsure:

I must apologise for last night when we had the penalty and i stood behind the net. I got questioned last night by someone as to why i did it and they questioned wheather i thought i may have put Hughesy off by being there. I just walked behind the net to get a good view but i noticed the keeper was looking to his left a lot so i was pointing to the right to tell Hughsey where to hit it. He didnt listen to me and hit it left and the keeper saved it.

If anyone thinks i was out of order for doing that then i must apologise. :unsure:

Chaddy, you should have taken the penalty.

That's right Chaddy - give Shez another excuse :rolleyes:

Your right i should have taken it. In 25 years off playing football i have only ever missed one penalty and that was last season. Thats a pretty impressive stat seeing as i ALWAYS take penalties in the 5, 6 and 7-a-side teams i play for, and 9 times out of 10 i will take them for the 11-a-side team i play for. Im very proud of my penalty taking skills.

I dont agree with the comment though about it making it harder for the player. I love it when your under pressure, it makes you concentrate more on where your going to put it.

Edited by chaddy the owl

I dont agree with the comment though about it making it harder for the player. I love it when your under pressure, it makes you concentrate more on where your going to put it.

no wonder you've missed one, you should already know where you're putting it when the penalty is given :wink:

Your right i should have taken it. In 25 years off playing football i have only ever missed one penalty and that was last season. Thats a pretty impressive stat seeing as i ALWAYS take penalties in the 5, 6 and 7-a-side teams i play for, and 9 times out of 10 i will take them for the 11-a-side team i play for. Im very proud of my penalty taking skills.

Ever thought of applying to be Capello's penalty-taking motivational coach?

I totally agree, but it is bad managment if you have picked your penalty taker and he is as jumpy as a jumping bean on a trampoline. Penalty takers should ALWAYS be the level headed one, they dont get phased by pressure.

Note to Shez, give hughsey a herbal brew before a game incase we get a penalty ^_^

You're not allowed to.

This was discussed on LW last night as it had been the subject of a question at a Latics event where (IIRC) Alan Hardy said you can't do it... Apparently, the LW commentators asked the referee at Yeovil and he said you are allowed to...

Edited by martjs