Incident in Main stand lower

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

I gotta say, if you sit in the home end at a football match you keep your head down and keep quiet. Kicking off is asking for trouble, unfortunatley.

Its a shame football is the way it is, look at rugby and cricket and you can have some cracking banter with the fans while watching the match.

I've been in pubs all over the country following latics and I've had great banter with fans of both sexes, many ages and different races. To me, its only the 'idiotic few' that cause problems.

Personally if a Leeds fan would have celebrated near me, I'd have been stood up giving them abuse for being in the home end and celebrating. I wouldnt go to the extreme of trying to kick ten shades out of him though! Whats the point? He's going to get kicked out whatever you do...

I actually had two Leeds fans sat next to me during the game, they were even wearing colours (under coats) but I had a good chat to them and enjoyed the better because of it. I celebrated Hughesy goal (as you would!) and they stayed quiet but smiling for their goal.

And here we go again. You, I guess were not in the main stand lower section to witness the Leeds (so called) fans who excesively celebrated........... again obviously looking for trouble. Some of us in that stand take our kids in there week in week out.

Why should we have to fear for the safety of our kids and fellow Latics fans because a few hairy arses want to come in and make it a tense atmosphere when they have the choice to sit with the rest of Yorkshire's finest backward :censored: kickers in all the empty seats in RRE??? I guess where you were sat you felt quite safe and unprovoked...... well good for you and thanks for your opinion on the ones you are choosing to judge.

Yes a few of us took umbrance to it and asked them to leave in yes a rather aggressive manner but it was for the purpose mainly to get the trouble making scum out. Thankfully it worked. Now wind yer neck in :angry:

My point was purely aimed at people who think it's ok to give people a slap/kicking in front of kids and anyone else. I can't see anything addressed at anyone else but that category in my post?

You want to tell me to wind my neck in for that?

Wow, it now seems that not only are away fans not welcome, but even latics fans who either do not attend particular games, or do not attend enough games, or do not live in oldham anymore; are not entitled to have an opinion on how football hooligans should be dealt with.

I wonder how many people who think that someone getting a slap/kicking for being in the wrong end is to some degree acceptable would like to stand next to their kids or perhaps in some cases their grandparents and say "yep, that's ok in my opinion".

Away fans in the wrong end causing a problem to you; Speak to a steward.

If you wnat to fight with them and do it in front of people who do not wish to see that sort of thing (and it is against the law last time I checked) then you run the risk of the law.

Here's a reminder.............. What you said was that people cant have an opinion??? The people being opinionated were not there......

You also stated that people should speak to a steward.............. I aint a grass and can sort it myself if I have a problem with a neanderthal dick annoying me which my friend does not make me or people like me a football hooligan.

You don't want to "grass" on the Leeds fan. Ok then how do you propose to sort it yourself?

What happens when the Leeds fan doesn't just go?

You preserve your "honour" by not being a grass, but then a fight breaks out? Is that what happens in your plan?

You don't want to "grass" on the Leeds fan. Ok then how do you propose to sort it yourself?

What happens when the Leeds fan doesn't just go?

You preserve your "honour" by not being a grass, but then a fight breaks out? Is that what happens in your plan?

Yeah damn right. He gets a smack for being a dick. Deservedly so. Does that make me a hooligan??

Yeah damn right. He gets a smack for being a dick. Deservedly so. Does that make me a hooligan??

So, you show him/yourself "respect" by not being a grass. What respect are you showing my kids that are watching 2 grown men have a fight over who sits where? They came to watch a football match.

So, you show him/yourself "respect" by not being a grass. What respect are you showing my kids that are watching 2 grown men have a fight over who sits where? They came to watch a football match.

They cant see the match for :censored:ting it over the tossers onset to let us know they are LEEDS in our faces.................. in our end. People like you and me will never agree. They were dicks and deserved a smack. Its football. Deal with it. Were you the bloke who travelled to town with them on the train???

They cant see the match for :censored:ting it over the tossers onset to let us know they are LEEDS in our faces.................. in our end. People like you and me will never agree. They were dicks and deserved a smack. Its football. Deal with it. Were you the bloke who travelled to town with them on the train???

You're right we won't agree. My kids want to watch football at a football match. They won't be ":censored:ting" it over someone gobbing off as much as they would over a fight breaking out, but you're the one starting the fight. They will learn that shouting can lead to a fight and then they might not want to go again. If there's a problem they expect it to be dealt with by the appointed people. That way they learn that things get sorted out by the law.

The FA, the FSA, the Law, the Club and most Latics fans won't agree with you either. But the Stockport fans who gave some Latics fans a kicking will. You and them are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Oh and anyone who think it's ok for them to take the law into their own hands over what is really a fairly trivial matter will also agree with you. Let's hope they don't think something YOU do is on the scale of deserving a smack eh?

Am I the only one that finds the actions of the Latics fans in these scenarios disgraceful. Nigh on Stockportesque. What the hell happened to your fellow football fan?

:disappointed:

If you sit there and watch the game and keep to yourself nothing happens

These fans obviously WANTED trouble because they ASKED for it. How you can turn this back on to Latics fans?

Last weekend at Millwall;

A) Walk back to your car keep yourself to yourself

B) Walk back to your car singing 3-2 and Hughesy

Which do you do if you want the sheet kicked out of you?

Fair enough if they attack opposition fans without being provoked, but that didn't happen. As someone said about the Norwegian fans, they acted respectably and got treated the same way.

Real u need to get real. Did your kids really :censored: it or was it probably the most exciting part of their night?

As for you saying most Latics fans wont agree that they got what they deserved I think your wrong. You seem to be in the minority on this thread

If you sit there and watch the game and keep to yourself nothing happens

These fans obviously WANTED trouble because they ASKED for it. How you can turn this back on to Latics fans?

Last weekend at Millwall;

A) Walk back to your car keep yourself to yourself

B) Walk back to your car singing 3-2 and Hughesy

Which do you do if you want the sheet kicked out of you?

Fair enough if they attack opposition fans without being provoked, but that didn't happen. As someone said about the Norwegian fans, they acted respectably and got treated the same way.

Here Here buddy. Real needs to get real and thats all this is about. People with silly opinions who were not there at that precise time casting bull:censored: opinions on people who dealt with it in their own way. There were 70 odd year old blokes yelling at the Leeds tossers. Can you imagine........... 70 year old hooligans ha ha ha ha lol ha ha ha ha lol :lol::lol:

i was sat in the upper main stand and the incident was 2 rows in front of us, after leeds had scored their goal the so-called fan jumped up to celebrate and telling oldham fans to :censored: off, he new what he was doing and being oldham supporter all my life i wanted him out just like the others around him. we give him a few pushes and slaps but the stewards was in there within minutes of it happening.

Good man...I personally wouldn't have minded if you'd thrown him off the Upper Tier into the Lower. :grin:

Real u need to get real. Did your kids really :censored: it or was it probably the most exciting part of their night?

As for you saying most Latics fans wont agree that they got what they deserved I think your wrong. You seem to be in the minority on this thread

11 yr old girls getting excited about blokes fighting? Not gonna happen.

Funny that "most" latics fans thought the scenes at stockport should have lead to a full scale police investigation.

And being in a minority on this thread doesn't make me a) wrong or B) in a minority in the real world (that's the actual real world) - if you all think it's an ok thing to do, then fair enough. You'll be ok to stand up in court and say "I think hitting that bloke was fine and do not regret it" when it comes to your turn?

And what will you do when someone else decides that something you think is ok is not ok in their book and decides you deserve a slap? Or maybe it's your dad that's done something or your grandad? maybe not even at a football ground?

You'll say "it's ok, they decided that they could dispense justice, not the law, and as I am not a hypocrite, I have no problem with my grandad getting a good kicking?" Yeah right.

Edit: Well, I had a look at the old Stockport thread. I expected to see lots of latics saying the trouble should be dealt with. I really didn't expect to see someone who says it's ok to smack away fans, and that my kids should see it as a bit of excitement, condeming stockport so clearly and so self evidently hypocritically.

"Stockport are a joke and should have the book thrown at them. They didn't take reasonable care to ensure the safety of fans and so are breakin health and safety rules. It was common sense to give us more seats, they just wanted to take the piss" - Now come on Prendy, it was all the latics fans fault - they deserved it didn't they? Or was it ok for the Latics fans but not for Leeds? Oh dear, who really (get that?) needs to get real.

Edited by real

I'm confused as who has got the right to cause trouble and who hasn't - have I missed a law being passed here?

Two sets of fans (NOTE: two - both - one set of fans are not higher up the blame ladder) selfishly causing distress to pacifistic supporters and posturing for dominance should :censored: off and do it somewhere else then - both of em. It's wrong and pathetic.

HOWEVER, it is still going to go on and this the reality of it all, whether I like it or not. So I deal with it, I don't take my two little sons to such games because it sends out a wrong message to my lads and that's the way I look at the issue.

I don't like it, I don't approve of it, but I don't have to play ball either - and that's as much as I can do. I can't change society but I can and do influence my boys - that's my business.

11 yr old girls getting excited about blokes fighting? Not gonna happen.

Funny that "most" latics fans thought the scenes at stockport should have lead to a full scale police investigation.

And being in a minority on this thread doesn't make me a) wrong or B) in a minority in the real world (that's the actual real world) - if you all think it's an ok thing to do, then fair enough. You'll be ok to stand up in court and say "I think hitting that bloke was fine and do not regret it" when it comes to your turn?

And what will you do when someone else decides that something you think is ok is not ok in their book and decides you deserve a slap? Or maybe it's your dad that's done something or your grandad? maybe not even at a football ground?

You'll say "it's ok, they decided that they could dispense justice, not the law, and as I am not a hypocrite, I have no problem with my grandad getting a good kicking?" Yeah right.

It would never get to court. Leeds fan kitted out in £800 coat wanting a row and someone slaps him for pissing him off because he is sat in the other blokes stand chanting and getting in his face. Any jury in the land watching the footage would laugh it off knowing he could have sat amongst his own in the 2000 empty seats.............. and the :censored: deserves a battering. Thats obviously how the police saw it because THEY were removed not the many Latics having a go.

11 year old girls not geetting excited about fighting? Did they carry on watching the game or watch the scrap? or handbags as its been described. the days of Barbie dolls have gone mate.

As for me being in court, I have never said I would've give them a crack. My career would be affected by a criminal record so wouldn't get involved. That doesn't mean I dont think they were asking for it

I'm confused as who has got the right to cause trouble and who hasn't - have I missed a law being passed here?

Two sets of fans (NOTE: two - both - one set of fans are not higher up the blame ladder) selfishly causing distress to pacifistic supporters and posturing for dominance should :censored: off and do it somewhere else then - both of em. It's wrong and pathetic.

HOWEVER, it is still going to go on and this the reality of it all, whether I like it or not. So I deal with it, neither I, nor my two little sons will go to such games because its a wrong message to my lads and that's the way I look at the issue.

I don't like it, I don't approve of it, but I don't have to play ball either - and that's as much as I can do. I can't change society but I can and do influence my boys - that's my business.

Thats why i made my regular match going 12 year old daughter miss the match................... Because its dirty :censored:ing Leeds and we all know they want to fight us in our main stand. Notice they didnt make a big show in the Chaddy??? Remember school??? Thats how the bullies worked. So if you, real and oldham sheridan are right not the rest of us we should all keep quiet and be bullied and my daughter misses out next year and the next and the.............

Somehow I don't think my lads are going to be bullied. Just a hunch. Take it from me.

Eh??? Didnt say that. I said thats how it works with bullies. Easier target you see. Main stand rather than Chaddy. "we will go in here and piss this lot off, nobody will say owt"............ Cant let the bastards piss on yer chips.

"who was acting like a knob? if you go in the wrong end and can't cheer a goal for your team you might aswell stay at home."

"so what if some of our fans go in their end to support their team, lets face it we sell out and our unbeaten, course we're going to sell out, and if people don't want to miss it, they're going to get a ticket for the home end, we score, they celebrate, yeah perhaps it warrents being moved/ejected but come off it it isn't acceptable to get your heads kicked in"

"I was sat about 10 rows up from the guy who jumped up and down and celebrated when we scored. Granted, not the wisest thing to do - but to be filled in by 20 plus "boys" was disgraceful. With hundreds of others shouting ":censored:ing kill them - :censored:ing kill the bastards"."

"everybody you saw being led away was arrested. one was saying 'but im a stckport fan' to the copper!!! as if he was gona say 'oh, are you? sorry mate, get back in there son, give em hell the oldham bastards. here you go, take my truncheon' "

"Is it me or isnt this just going to entice the like of Leeds and Milwall 'frims' to go in the cheadle end to prove they're "harder"?

People with that mentality who just go for a fight are now going to know exactly where they can get one! And more fool stockport if they do, the likes of Leeds or Millwall aint gonna be as easy to handle!!!"

"I'm really dissappointed that some posters are so lazy as to make out that saying that some Latics fans could have been wioser in where they sat or how they acted is the same thing as saying they deserved a kicking"

"For the record, whilst I understand why supporters go in the home ends, I accept that they shouldn't do. I also believe that you are entitled not to have your head kicked in if you do and I also believe that those responsible for kicking someones head in should be arrested and sent to prison"

" [For the record, whilst I understand why supporters go in the home ends, I accept that they shouldn't do.]

agree with everything except this. if you wish to watch a game of football, then within reason who you support should not affect where you sit"

"Whilst I take on board and understand your points, can you give me the justification for 20 or so of your "boys" kicking 10 tons of ***** out of one or more of our fans for having the audacity to celebrate us scoring. "

Can't be bothered getting any more but I will post one all on it's own......

Eh??? Didnt say that. I said thats how it works with bullies. Easier target you see. Main stand rather than Chaddy. "we will go in here and piss this lot off, nobody will say owt"............ Cant let the bastards piss on yer chips.

Oh I see. I follow now, the path of least resistance....