Incident in Main stand lower

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"[Whilst I take on board and understand your points, can you give me the justification for 20 or so of your "boys" kicking 10 tons of ***** out of one or more of our fans for having the audacity to celebrate us scoring.

Irrespective of the fact that this occurred in the home end, your comments are seeking to justify that if our fans had been celebrating outside after the match, that would also have been ok for such a violent and cowardly attack? Quite simply, there is no excuse whatsoever for the violence that was dished out by your "fans" be it inside or outside the ground and I would at least expect you to support the rooting out of the offenders to be prosecuted and have lifetime bans issued by both Stockport County and the Courts.

There is "no justification for went went on"

We all accept that if you go in the "home end" you keep stum, however in times of high excitement people sometimes forget themselves.

Please don't come on here and tell us that because some of our fans were in your end it justifies the cowardly and brutal attack on them.

I await your condemnation of the violence dished out by your fans.]" - Now, that's what one fan said and here's what another said in reply:-

"this guy is a legend!!!! brilliant"

But the same guy, when it happens to in Latics end says:

"k*** head

fancy telling oldham/alan what happened its football like he said if someone comes in thinking there it there going to get a smack, it would hapen anywhere in the country

like a little kid..... munmmy he stole my sweets"

So, at County there's no excuse for it, but at Latics anyone who thinks it should be condemned or dealt with needs to get real?

Wow, Hypocrisy pills have been tripping some people right out tonight.

Oh and staly - your kids didn't go because a bloke might have shouted or because someone was likely to fight? You think the fightings ok so why keep them away? They'll love it, they'll be real daddys girls, just wait 'til they bring wayne home - they love him 'cos he smacked a bloke for them! True love (apologies to anyone decent called wayne)

"who was acting like a knob? if you go in the wrong end and can't cheer a goal for your team you might aswell stay at home."

"so what if some of our fans go in their end to support their team, lets face it we sell out and our unbeaten, course we're going to sell out, and if people don't want to miss it, they're going to get a ticket for the home end, we score, they celebrate, yeah perhaps it warrents being moved/ejected but come off it it isn't acceptable to get your heads kicked in"

"I was sat about 10 rows up from the guy who jumped up and down and celebrated when we scored. Granted, not the wisest thing to do - but to be filled in by 20 plus "boys" was disgraceful. With hundreds of others shouting ":censored:ing kill them - :censored:ing kill the bastards"."

"everybody you saw being led away was arrested. one was saying 'but im a stckport fan' to the copper!!! as if he was gona say 'oh, are you? sorry mate, get back in there son, give em hell the oldham bastards. here you go, take my truncheon' "

"Is it me or isnt this just going to entice the like of Leeds and Milwall 'frims' to go in the cheadle end to prove they're "harder"?

People with that mentality who just go for a fight are now going to know exactly where they can get one! And more fool stockport if they do, the likes of Leeds or Millwall aint gonna be as easy to handle!!!"

"I'm really dissappointed that some posters are so lazy as to make out that saying that some Latics fans could have been wioser in where they sat or how they acted is the same thing as saying they deserved a kicking"

"For the record, whilst I understand why supporters go in the home ends, I accept that they shouldn't do. I also believe that you are entitled not to have your head kicked in if you do and I also believe that those responsible for kicking someones head in should be arrested and sent to prison"

" [For the record, whilst I understand why supporters go in the home ends, I accept that they shouldn't do.]

agree with everything except this. if you wish to watch a game of football, then within reason who you support should not affect where you sit"

"Whilst I take on board and understand your points, can you give me the justification for 20 or so of your "boys" kicking 10 tons of ***** out of one or more of our fans for having the audacity to celebrate us scoring. "

Can't be bothered getting any more but I will post one all on it's own......

Had a County supporting mate who sat near a particular kicking in the Cheadle end against an Oldham fan. Allegedly when we scored he (the Oldham fan) jumped up and shouted at everyone who cared to listen "come on ya :censored:ers"......... he deserved a battering. Those who sat and enjoyed the game because they couldnt buy a ticket in their own end is very different because they didnt go in there mouthing off and looking for trouble.

Why is that then? And you don't have to apologise...

Well you are arguing that violence is wrong yet are suggesting your lads are big enough and been brought up to stick up for themselves if anyone tries to bully them.

I felt the apology was needed as question Mods on here is seen as treason.

I take it real that lot is from the similar Stockport thread?

Yep, all those calls for the full force of the law and how cheering a goal should never lead to violence. OldhamSheridan might like to look at the one that got it's own post.

11 yr old girls getting excited about blokes fighting? Not gonna happen.

Funny that "most" latics fans thought the scenes at stockport should have lead to a full scale police investigation.

And being in a minority on this thread doesn't make me a) wrong or B) in a minority in the real world (that's the actual real world) - if you all think it's an ok thing to do, then fair enough. You'll be ok to stand up in court and say "I think hitting that bloke was fine and do not regret it" when it comes to your turn?

And what will you do when someone else decides that something you think is ok is not ok in their book and decides you deserve a slap? Or maybe it's your dad that's done something or your grandad? maybe not even at a football ground?

You'll say "it's ok, they decided that they could dispense justice, not the law, and as I am not a hypocrite, I have no problem with my grandad getting a good kicking?" Yeah right.

Edit: Well, I had a look at the old Stockport thread. I expected to see lots of latics saying the trouble should be dealt with. I really didn't expect to see someone who says it's ok to smack away fans, and that my kids should see it as a bit of excitement, condeming stockport so clearly and so self evidently hypocritically.

"Stockport are a joke and should have the book thrown at them. They didn't take reasonable care to ensure the safety of fans and so are breakin health and safety rules. It was common sense to give us more seats, they just wanted to take the piss" - Now come on Prendy, it was all the latics fans fault - they deserved it didn't they? Or was it ok for the Latics fans but not for Leeds? Oh dear, who really (get that?) needs to get real.

My problem with Stockport was clearly at the club. They had an empty stand yet didnt give us the tickets. Those latics fans in there probably did ask for it. But if you have a look on youtube you will see there is a massive difference.

So it is still you who needs to get real! Unless you got any other quotes? I think at the time I said that there would not be a reaction half as bad as that at BP. Was I correct?

Cheers

Well you are arguing that violence is wrong yet are suggesting your lads are big enough and been brought up to stick up for themselves if anyone tries to bully them.

I felt the apology was needed as question Mods on here is seen as treason.

You felt wrong Prendy! I can post on here of my own free will, unbound by the shackles of forum administration :grin:

It is not a simple as just violence. We are talking about the pitiful state of today's society, in which trial and retribution is swiftly dealt out in the terraces due to "somebody giving it large in me end" - SMACK. :censored: the law then shall we? Might as well forget it. What I am saying is that the Leeds fan went into the home end with the intent to cause some commotion, it is common at football matches for opposing "fans" to disagree at this stage and belt each other up and down to settle the argument.

Do not get confused. I do not deny this happens. I cannot change it. I does go on and I avoid it. But it is still wrong.

My lads will be brought up to make sure they don't get themselves in that pickle in the first place, and will be able to get themselves out of it if the need arises. It is not the same, therefore I am not being hypocritical.

Well in the eyes of the law it would generally require a victim to report a crime and press charges. I don't believe there are any Leeds fans wanting to do this so all this naming them and getting them banned is a load of bollocks.

I know it wasn't you who suggested this and I also know at football it probably doesn't require a victim prssing charges but again that is completely wrong.

Well in the eyes of the law it would generally require a victim to report a crime and press charges. I don't believe there are any Leeds fans wanting to do this so all this naming them and getting them banned is a load of bollocks.

I know it wasn't you who suggested this and I also know at football it probably doesn't require a victim prssing charges but again that is completely wrong.

I'm shattered mate, I'm off - good debate...

We will, but they'll probably be part-time. Let's face it, we're already relying on hooligans who are more Korky the Cat than Harry the Dog.

are you suggesting the FYC are shrinking in stature???

Edited by dfOAFC

So the actual assault we are past now? It is the reporting of a criminal offense that you are against? I think you'll find the Police and the football club are all in favour of that.

officially - yes.

unofficially??? i think they could do without a latics fan reporting a fellow latics fan if the police/away fans hadn't seen fit to do so.

I just want to know if Oldham Sheridan travels from Durham in a way that doesn't degrade the environment

My car's so environmentally friendly I have to stop and empty it of petrol every 200 miles. If I drive particularly quickly I can get enough money for it that I get into the match for free. It also brings roadkill back to life by running over it*.

*Which I admit isn't particularly good news if you are the car behind me.

My car's so environmentally friendly I have to stop and empty it of petrol every 200 miles. If I drive particularly quickly I can get enough money for it that I get into the match for free. It also brings roadkill back to life by running over it*.

*Which I admit isn't particularly good news if you are the car behind me.

Bollocks. You come in a motorhome.