Incident in Main stand lower

The people gobbing off in the wrong end were asking for it. If theyre looking for trouble they can hardly complain about it when they get it. OS it seems you're probably more upset than they are.

I know a Leeds fan who was in the Chaddy last night. He used to take me to Leeds in the Champs League. I know for a fact he wouldn't have made a noise last night and thus didn't get in any trouble. I have sat in the away end at Blackpool and known not to say anything. And as hard as that can be at times it is the number 1 rule.

It comes to something when you can't say anything even in the away end at Blackpool.

Political correctness gone mad.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying it as I see it.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways one can try to have a positive impact on the eradication of the mindless violent minority that spoil the game for the others, it seems that you are more of an activist for the good of the game - well smashing, I tip my hat. Seriously.

Unfortunately I fall into the despondant "I've had a belly full now of the whole kaboodle" category, been like that for a few years for one reason or another.

This topic is just one of the reasons.

Good luck.

I know footie fans can be numpties but What was with all the police at Knowsley Road last Friday night and a portable metal detecting gate outside a pub? When Leeds beat us at OT in 2007 there were Saints 'fans' kicking off all over the place! Oh and me and the missus witnessed a cracking punch-up between RL 'fans' outside of Yates' prior to last season's Grand Final, add alcohol to highly charged game and no matter what the sport is trouble will ensue imo, it's just footie is the sport of choice innit?

Edited by oafcprozac

The people gobbing off in the wrong end were asking for it. If theyre looking for trouble they can hardly complain about it when they get it. OS it seems you're probably more upset than they are.

I know a Leeds fan who was in the Chaddy last night. He used to take me to Leeds in the Champs League. I know for a fact he wouldn't have made a noise last night and thus didn't get in any trouble. I have sat in the away end at Blackpool and known not to say anything. And as hard as that can be at times it is the number 1 rule.

Sat or stood in the home end at Maine Road, Anfield (twice), Villa Park and Sheff Utd kept my head down and was good as gold.

Edited by oafcprozac

I know footie fans can be numpties but What was with all the police at Knowsley Road last Friday night and a portable metal detecting gate outside a pub? When Leeds beat us at OT in 2007 there were Saints 'fans' kicking off all over the place! Oh and me and the missus witnessed a cracking punch-up between RL 'fans' outside of Yates' prior to last season's Grand Final, add alcohol to highly charged game and no matter what the sport is trouble will ensue imo, it's just footie is the sport of choice innit?

...and I've sat/stood at more games than I can remember (including all the finals I've been to) with the Red V on my chest, next to an opposing fan - shook hands after we won ( :grin: ) and we all went our merry way. Only last year I had my Lyon throwback shirt on and a Bradford supporter came over to me outside this boozer and I chatted with him and his mates about Jamie Lyon and whatnot. No bother.

...and I've sat/stood at more games than I can remember (including all the finals I've been to) with the Red V on my chest, next to an opposing fan - shook hands after we won ( :grin: ) and we all went our merry way. Only last year I had my Lyon throwback shirt on and a Bradford supporter came over to me outside this boozer and I chatted with him and his mates about Jamie Lyon and whatnot. No bother.

I think it does seem to be creeping in though, we live in different times when people increasingly have little or no respect for their common man. It's even appearing on the field more and more - back chat to the ref etc... something Rugby players have always been lauded for - their ability to get on with the game without whining about decsions to the ref. Although in that knobs case last Friday i'll make an exception...RL or not!

Guest oa_exile

They were actually checking fans as they got off the coach(es) (I was at the traffic lights as they were doing the checks)

They were actually checking fans as they got off the coach(es) (I was at the traffic lights as they were doing the checks)

Yeah me and the missus saw 'em doing that, outside the pub, wonder if they werechecking if they were tooled up or being yorkshire folk perhaps unopened tinnies?

Yeah me and the missus saw 'em doing that, outside the pub, wonder if they werechecking if they were tooled up or being yorkshire folk perhaps unopened tinnies?

I am not someone who will ever condone football violence. The worrying rumour on the other thread shows what can happen when these numpties go too far.

On this thread, people are very quick to criticise the Oldham fans for kicking off as a Leeds fan (in particular Main Stand upper) was being kicked out. There are two points that I think haven't been raised:

1. He hardly went quietly. He stood at the top of the steps, appearing to make w****r signs from where I was stood.

2. It really was handbags at ten paces. There were plenty of people who walked to the end of the aisles and came down from the back to give him a piece of their mind but to condemn people in the same way those at Stockport reacted I think is wrong. Many of us have seen the You Tube video of the violence at Stockport. This was more like two guys trading handbagts at best.

I really do think we should move on before this gets blown all out of propotion

Guest oa_exile

I dont know,tight Yorkies taking tinnies in a pub sounds about right though :lol:

I was only at the traffic lights a couple of minutes so didnt have long to have a gander,funnily enough thought the same as you - it was all a bit strange :blink:

Broke up the boredom of sitting at the lights, found myself thinking damn could have stayed on Red for a couple of more minutes <_<

Edited by oa_exile

I am not someone who will ever condone football violence. The worrying rumour on the other thread shows what can happen when these numpties go too far.

On this thread, people are very quick to criticise the Oldham fans for kicking off as a Leeds fan (in particular Main Stand upper) was being kicked out. There are two points that I think haven't been raised:

1. He hardly went quietly. He stood at the top of the steps, appearing to make w****r signs from where I was stood.

2. It really was handbags at ten paces. There were plenty of people who walked to the end of the aisles and came down from the back to give him a piece of their mind but to condemn people in the same way those at Stockport reacted I think is wrong. Many of us have seen the You Tube video of the violence at Stockport. This was more like two guys trading handbagts at best.

Spot on

Thats how I saw it too its not like the guy got up and gently applauded the goal he got up and gauded people I sit quite close to the away directors box people jump up in their all the time they don't start giving it the big "come on" to everyone sat around them result never any trouble, and all the stewards quickly intervened before any serious harm was done I'm sure we have all seen and heard worse.

Exactly what happened.

E4e

JSOUT

Let's hold our horses.

It will never change? Well unless we decide to change it.

I'm sick of being treated like a second class citizen. You see someone commiting a crime. Sure as hell report it, or we will continue to be treated like scum. We've got to sort this from the inside.

Here Here............. now lets march. Get your banners girls. FFS, you will be replacing the Shergar Burger vans with Pink Candyfloss Kiosks next. There would also be a smell of spring flowers in the air around the ground instead of the usual smell of horse:censored:e and greasy hotdogs :lol:

Here Here............. now lets march. Get your banners girls. FFS, you will be replacing the Shergar Burger vans with Pink Candyfloss Kiosks next. There would also be a smell of spring flowers in the air around the ground instead of the usual smell of horse:censored:e and greasy hotdogs :lol:

inside the ground, "Hey ya Leeds mug, lets ave a game o siss sass prick, sort this out once and for all" it would be great to have peace to all man kind...next time the mormans or jehovas knock on yer door, invite em in, they also believe this. BUT it will never ever happen, not on this planet anyway, so...until it does, any fekka shoutin for his/her team in MY end, is gettin a thick ear

inside the ground, "Hey ya Leeds mug, lets ave a game o siss sass prick, sort this out once and for all" it would be great to have peace to all man kind...next time the mormans or jehovas knock on yer door, invite em in, they also believe this. BUT it will never ever happen, not on this planet anyway, so...until it does, any fekka shoutin for his/her team in MY end, is gettin a thick ear

Good point well made.

:shock:

All I'll add to is, if would you walk through Moss Side or North London or St Helens (Nottingham) or Compton, Los Angales or Helmend Province (Afghan) would you not expect a bit of aggro. If you pre-meditate come into the home end as an away fan you have to be prepared that some people are going to take an exception to you being there. That is called human nature and unfortuatley it's here to stay.

:shock:

All I'll add to is, if would you walk through Moss Side or North London or St Helens (Nottingham) or Compton, Los Angales or Helmend Province (Afghan) would you not expect a bit of aggro. If you pre-meditate come into the home end as an away fan you have to be prepared that some people are going to take an exception to you being there. That is called human nature and unfortuatley it's here to stay.

Good point well made.

On a proper note this is now at the attention of Oldham/Alan. If the CCTV backs this up, can we give names and have these idiots banned? I really would hate for our, what is very (with the help of the Ernie Flag, etc) good name tarnished. You ask about the best away days and we are up ther with Brentford and Hereford. Let us not change this.

k*** head

fancy telling oldham/alan what happened its football like he said if someone comes in thinking there it there going to get a smack, it would hapen anywhere in the country

like a little kid..... munmmy he stole my sweets :disappointed::disappointed:

k*** head

fancy telling oldham/alan what happened its football like he said if someone comes in thinking there it there going to get a smack, it would happen anywhere in the country

I don't know about you, but I'd like our club to be known for the good things: Fans that know their stuff, a decent drink and so on. Not people attempting to beat someone up.

Anyone that thinks it is acceptable to commit a crime in the name of their football team is a complete loser.

k*** head

fancy telling oldham/alan what happened its football like he said if someone comes in thinking there it there going to get a smack, it would hapen anywhere in the country

Latics fans ratting on other Latics fans... Makes you wonder why you bother... I have a understanding ear for calls to end the fighting and allow teams supporters to mix but it is a day dream... To rat on your own fans in this manner is a form of treason and lower than low...

Funny to here calls of "we dont need them sort"... Fact remains without them the club would of closed a long time ago...

Edited by oafc0000

Latics fans ratting on other Latics fans... Makes you wonder why you bother... I have a understanding ear for calls to end the fighting and allow teams supporters to mix but it is a day dream... To rat on your own fans in this manner is a form of treason and lower than low...

Funny to here calls of "we dont need them sort"... Fact remains without them the club would of closed a long time ago...

Or maybe, just maybe, instead of yobs we would have a more family sort turn up - who don't at the moment for fear of their youngsters being the next one to 'get a bit of a slap'.

What one man calls ratting another would call standing up for his community against acts of cowardice.

QUOTE (OldhamSheridan @ Mar 3 2009, 15:01 PM)

On a proper note this is now at the attention of Oldham/Alan. If the CCTV backs this up, can we give names and have these idiots banned? I really would hate for our, what is very (with the help of the Ernie Flag, etc) good name tarnished. You ask about the best away days and we are up ther with Brentford and Hereford. Let us not change this.

midnight

Or maybe, just maybe, instead of yobs we would have a more family sort turn up - who don't at the moment for fear of their youngsters being the next one to 'get a bit of a slap'.

What one man calls ratting another would call standing up for his community against acts of cowardice.

stop talking bollocks and just get on with your life

theres no need to grass is they what benefit are you getting from it???

stop talking bollocks and just get on with your life

theres no need to grass is they what benefit are you getting from it???

good name lol.

ive no problems with leeds fans in our stands, oafc0000 will remeber well how we massively disagreed on me sitting in the stockport end. BUT if they jump up and cheer the gol, they run their own risk. if they get away with it they are lucky, if they get a smack then they deserve it.

im going to city versus villa tonight, and i 100% want villa to win, primarily for fantasy football reasons!! but im not going to cheer, as im watching the game as a 'neutral' no doubt the same as some leeds fans did on tuesday. they sat on their hands when they scored and didnt get a smack, doesnt mean they didnt enjoy the gol though.