Incident in Main stand lower

good name lol.

ive no problems with leeds fans in our stands, oafc0000 will remeber well how we massively disagreed on me sitting in the stockport end. BUT if they jump up and cheer the gol, they run their own risk. if they get away with it they are lucky, if they get a smack then they deserve it.

im going to city versus villa tonight, and i 100% want villa to win, primarily for fantasy football reasons!! but im not going to cheer, as im watching the game as a 'neutral' no doubt the same as some leeds fans did on tuesday. they sat on their hands when they scored and didnt get a smack, doesnt mean they didnt enjoy the gol though.

As much as I disagree with people on here from time to time we are all still latics... I disagree with some peoples opinions and actions and when this happens I am man enough to tell people. What I don't do is go running around sending emails on the quite to various club officials naming and shaming and calling for bans. I'm sorry that's just lower than low.

I do not want violence in the stands. I take my young nephew now. But what I do want is if I am sat their with my little nephew and some Leeds fan starts lording it up I want my fellow latics to stand up and be counted. I want them to deal with these idiots so they do not get anywhere near me and my little nephew.

If I am walking down the street alone and I get set upon by scum I would hope their would be a couple of latics running up the road to help me out.

If I see something happen that I think is bad for the us and the club I really go up to that person and bloody tell them. Its far more effective when critsim comes out of the mouth of a fellow fan. I did this at Leeds last year at the risk of getting my teeth knocked out. It worked though and stopped a VERY ugly scene in a Leeds pub where some of our "youth" where bang out of order. I didn't go running to the nearest copper and grass on them though.

What is lower and low and makes me sick is people lurking around being a keyboard warrior on his white horse sending off emails to club officials naming and shaming / calling for the banning of fellow fans. It goes against everything that makes me a football fan.

Going back to "is football just a product thread"...stuff like this makes me think it is... This would not happen at the cinema but I dont like the cinema ...

Like I said before I disagree / fall out with people on here sometimes but its only pantomime but stuff like this goes deeper... Unforgivable to rat on your fellow fan...

P.S. Anyone who thinks Rugby dose not have its problem go watch Warrington. Kicks off all the time.

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know footie fans can be numpties but What was with all the police at Knowsley Road last Friday night and a portable metal detecting gate outside a pub? When Leeds beat us at OT in 2007 there were Saints 'fans' kicking off all over the place! Oh and me and the missus witnessed a cracking punch-up between RL 'fans' outside of Yates' prior to last season's Grand Final, add alcohol to highly charged game and no matter what the sport is trouble will ensue imo, it's just footie is the sport of choice innit?

Doesn't surprise me one bit - in my experience Rugby League sorts are the worst for getting into scraps - fortunately for me they don't seem to be anywhere near as good at it as they like to think. :lol:

If I am walking down the street alone and I get set upon by scum I would hope their would be a couple of latics running up the road to help me out.

You would be lucky... :wink: I agree with your entire post by the way.

There is a way of dealing with things. Sorting it myself could well lead to arrest and as a consequence the loss of my job. Not really in the interests of myself or anyone else.

The only other option is to ignore it, which would mean that next week it could be your nephew getting his head caved in. Is not grassing on someone really worth that?

I can't believe that people are so far into their band of brothers :censored: that I have to explain reasons for the law.

Unforgivable to rat on your fellow fan...

Unless of course that 'fan' is putting the club at risk of a hefty fine or having to play behind closed doors (Both of which are available options to the FL regarding crowd trouble).

well said 0000. letting away fans get away with it, can only serve to make the problem worse in future.

ill sit in home ends again and again and again, whenever i need to. but i wont get punched because ill be neutral. one of the aspects that gives football its apeal is the raw emotion, thats why pre season friendlies dont quite feel the same 98% of the time. to cheer in the face of fans who have just seen their team concede a gol, is asking for trouble. thats why we have segregation, its called emotion and it releases adrenalin, and it can be uncontrolable. its part of what we are.

well said 0000. letting away fans get away with it, can only serve to make the problem worse in future.

ill sit in home ends again and again and again, whenever i need to. but i wont get punched because ill be neutral. one of the aspects that gives football its apeal is the raw emotion, thats why pre season friendlies dont quite feel the same 98% of the time. to cheer in the face of fans who have just seen their team concede a gol, is asking for trouble. thats why we have segregation, its called emotion and it releases adrenalin, and it can be uncontrolable. its part of what we are.

Well, we're all in favour of segregation, and the reasons behind this issue should be stopped (i.e. Leeds' away ticket nonsense). However, a reasonable response is to be thrown out and miss half the game. An unreasonable response is to be assaulted. This should result in arrest of the fan showing his emotion/being uncontrollable/having an overload of adrenaline/cowardly hitting someone.

Well, we're all in favour of segregation, and the reasons behind this issue should be stopped (i.e. Leeds' away ticket nonsense). However, a reasonable response is to be thrown out and miss half the game. An unreasonable response is to be assaulted. This should result in arrest of the fan showing his emotion/being uncontrollable/having an overload of adrenaline/cowardly hitting someone.

yes, probably. in an ideal world we could all control our emotions, but thats not where we live. they probably should be arrested for assault, and probably would be. what is surely not needed is fans contacting alan hardy asking him to pass on their suggestions to the police, about how they should do their job.

There is a way of dealing with things. Sorting it myself could well lead to arrest and as a consequence the loss of my job. Not really in the interests of myself or anyone else.

The only other option is to ignore it, which would mean that next week it could be your nephew getting his head caved in. Is not grassing on someone really worth that?

I can't believe that people are so far into their band of brothers :censored: that I have to explain reasons for the law.

the first line of your quote just sums you up

lead to an arrest you should of been a copper yourself if your that interested in getting ppl arrested

yes, probably. in an ideal world we could all control our emotions, but thats not where we live. they probably should be arrested for assault, and probably would be. what is surely not needed is fans contacting alan hardy asking him to pass on their suggestions to the police, about how they should do their job.

So the actual assault we are past now? It is the reporting of a criminal offense that you are against? I think you'll find the Police and the football club are all in favour of that.

So the actual assault we are past now? It is the reporting of a criminal offense that you are against? I think you'll find the Police and the football club are all in favour of that.

and i think you will find that the police are likely to know that the club have cctv cameras, so have probably asked for the footage.

what they dont need is someone saying 'there was a scufle in the main stand, i think you should look at the cctv' even if it takes two minutes to read/ listen its a waste of money doing so.

and i think you will find that the police are likely to know that the club have cctv cameras, so have probably asked for the footage.

what they dont need is someone saying 'there was a scufle in the main stand, i think you should look at the cctv' even if it takes two minutes to read/ listen its a waste of money doing so.

So now it isn't the crime itself, or the grassing up that's the problem. It is that they will know of it already and it is a waste of time.

Crawl back under your stone............... :wink:

I can't believe that people are so far into their band of brothers :censored:

You and me are at opposite ends of the football fan spectrum it would seem....

And the country... Your profile says you are from Durham ? Do you even go to Latics ?

Edited by oafc0000

This whole thread is ridiculous. I can't believe we have people reporting their own fellow latics and asking for lifetime bans WTF!? Seriosuly get a :censored:ing grip on reality, in the heat of the moment a lot of things are done that people regret, but let's look at this in the real world and not through rose tinted specs. There is a Leeds fan (who lets face it, aren't exactly our best mates anyway) sitting in our end, it's a derby game and a massive game in the promotion race, emotions are gonna be running high. When your team concedes a goal do you really want an opposition fan right in your face givin it large, no, not even in the games of lesser significance. At teh end of the day there were 1500 seats free in the Leeds end and he didn't need to celebrate when they scored, I managed just fine when we sold out Blackpool a few years back, so what was his problem? Looking to get a reaction out of people and show he was a Leeds fan, well in that case he deserved what he got. Or was it just his emotiong ran over as did those of the people who reacted? Either way, how can you possibly justify reporting a fellow fan and wanting to give them lifetime bans? If we hand out lifetime bans everytime something like this happens, we are going to lose several fans a season, no doubt about that (Cheers Ronnie ;)).

You and me are at opposite ends of the football fan spectrum it would seem....

Your profile says you are from Durham ? Do you even go to Latics ?

Why would living in Durham stop him from watching Latics?

Anyway, I don't mind debating the points but when it turns into an ad hominem argument, appealing against a characteristic, one has to be careful...

Why would living in Durham stop him from watching Latics?

I would suggest its a long way to go every weekend... Question was not aimed at you... A simple answer to a simple question from him would of sufficed...

Edited by oafc0000

Let's be honest, football would be an even more soulless and over-sanitised game if you removed that tribal edginess. So what if a Leeds idiot who decided to milk his little moment in the home end to all around him got a slap? You're just asking for trouble and you can't go putting blame on Oldham fans for that. Simple as.

You'll be asking for no contact on the pitch yet in case someone gets killed.