All threads MK Dons! - Merge

are the players turning up for this game? Would like to know before I travel.

Using the OldhamSheridan theory of pissedness*. No**.

*When very pissed we lose badly***. See Brighton, Luton, Swindon, etc. When sober it's in the lap of the gods.

**Unless a very late Friday night/Saturday morning, sportsmans breakfast and three hours in Bletchley beforehand all of a sudden has no effect.

***I should probably stop taking the players out with me.

Cushioned seats, potato wedges, automatic ticketing and not a pub in site of the ground. All to American Football for me. Terrbile terrible football club. Its wrong that this will be the future. God help the youngsters in 15years trying to create an atmosphere. MK Dons your a disgrace. This is further proof that the powers that be are taking the game away from the working man. Only positive is its not overly priced but give it another year when they establish their fanbase and theyll rocket up.

'Tis supposed to be one of, if not the, best grounds in the division.

A bit of planning and the pub isn't such an issue. Well unless every bugger goes from Bletchley after the televised game and gets the taxi's before me. That then I suppose would be problematical. Although it wouldn't be the first time I've missed a goal in the MK area.

All too American Football?

Cushioned seats, potato wedges, automatic ticketing and not a pub in site of the ground. All to American Football for me. Terrbile terrible football club. Its wrong that this will be the future. God help the youngsters in 15years trying to create an atmosphere. MK Dons your a disgrace. This is further proof that the powers that be are taking the game away from the working man. Only positive is its not overly priced but give it another year when they establish their fanbase and theyll rocket up.

Dont call em franchise FC for nowt

You never know, they might have got bored and moved elsewhere in the country

oldham athletic vs penzance pirates, formerly wimbledon fc, mk dons and dover waves

they won the fa cup once you know :wink:

Edited by Lookers_Carl
wink in wrong place

Im now going, along with my cousin and another, free box tickets :grin: i hope they allow colours to be worn, otherwise il be asking for a transfer round to the latics end of the ground!

All together now: YOU'VE GOT NO HISTORY, YOU'VE GOT NO HISTORY!!!

Edited by Oafc88

That'll teach 'um! Esspecially when they are playing in the Championship next year. I know which club is going in the right direction to be making some positive history over the next few years.

Im now going, along with my cousin and another, free box tickets :grin: i hope they allow colours to be worn, otherwise il be asking for a transfer round to the latics end of the ground!

It's nice to have a history but I'd sooner have a sound future which they most definitely have!!!!

That'll teach 'um! Esspecially when they are playing in the Championship next year. I know which club is going in the right direction to be making some positive history over the next few years.

Sure will!! lol i dont care, im not actually trying to teach them a lesson, just pointing out they have no history ;) in fact they shouldnt be in the league, though i suppose we better not start there as that argument has been done to death countless times

Whats wrong with a bit of banter anyway? or are we not to sing?

It's nice to have a history but I'd sooner have a sound future which they most definitely have!!!!

We dont have a sound future? il admit ours doesnt seem to great at the moment, but once the recession recedes i hope the improvements to the ground begin, as im sure they will! on top of this, no future is certain anyway!

Sure will!! lol i dont care, im not actually trying to teach them a lesson, just pointing out they have no history ;) in fact they shouldnt be in the league, though i suppose we better not start there as that argument has been done to death countless times

Whats wrong with a bit of banter anyway? or are we not to sing?

Not going, giving my money to Ashton United, Franchise FC can go spit as can Pisshead Athletic at the moment.

I hate to say anyhting in favour of Franchise FC but, in the interest of accuracy, the club does have history now:

Football League Two:

2007–08 Champions

Football League Trophy:

2007–08 Winners

Unlike Latics it has been to Wembley and won a trophy.

In a bid to get over the boycotting of the club by supporters of other clubs, it reached agreement that the achievements of the club prior to July 2004, shall be referred to as the achievements as Wimbledon FC. Also Wimbledon FC's trophies and artefacts have been handed over to the London Borough of Merton, where they are on public display.

Unfortunately the name 'Dons' taken from Wimbledon FC has not been dropped.

In spite of all this I still hate what the franchise stands for.