Chris Moore was my hero

Okay, that's stretching a point a bit but if there was one thing he did get right it was sacking Alan Smart. If someone doesn't walk this time then my respect for the owners drops several notches.

alan smart was after the chris moore era wasnt it?

Okay, that's stretching a point a bit but if there was one thing he did get right it was sacking Alan Smart. If someone doesn't walk this time then my respect for the owners drops several notches.

Gregan has a barney with Taylor.

Allan Smart assaults a policeman.

Same thing.

yeah, let's get rid of a senior player or the manager, or both.

that'll help.

I don't know who as I haveen't seen the CCTV. Tell you what, stick your manager in a headlock tomorrow and see how you get on.

So Hughes. In the incident that noone reported afterwards. The incident that was reported by some was Gregan on Taylor. Noone mentioned Hughes, except for the tabloids...who seem to have made it up. I trust those on here who claim nothing happened more than some journo looking for a story on an indisciplined killer.

So Hughes. In the incident that noone reported afterwards. The incident that was reported by some was Gregan on Taylor. Noone mentioned Hughes, except for the tabloids...who seem to have made it up. I trust those on here who claim nothing happened more than some journo looking for a story on an indisciplined killer.

Yet you would imagine the club would have released a statement denying such an event took place.

Yet you would imagine the club would have released a statement denying such an event took place.

Well we know Windass wasn't there, but the club haven't felt a need to release a statement. Perhaps, as they said, they're investigating the alleged incidents...and one would assume they will release one overall statement rather than have to respond to each piece of tabloid fabrication at a time.

The only one who sounds like he's in a position to be sacked is Greegs. I expect that if found guilty, he'll be fined and stripped of the captaincy.

I think it would help - it would help the club to regain a modest amount of self respect

You think acting on newspaper reports rather then the facts would regain the club some self-respect?

Well, it's a novel approach, but I prefer to see them act on what actually happened.

iirc smart crashed through the doors of the belgrade hotel, smashed them off their hinges and tried to assault a couple of coppers whilst completely bladdered.

most reports of the dogs suggest that 2 players fell out and had a bit of handbags.

Whilst neither is a good thing, the impression so far seems to be that the dogs was not in the same league.

You think acting on newspaper reports rather then the facts would regain the club some self-respect?

Well, it's a novel approach, but I prefer to see them act on what actually happened.

iirc smart crashed through the doors of the belgrade hotel, smashed them off their hinges and tried to assault a couple of coppers whilst completely bladdered.

most reports of the dogs suggest that 2 players fell out and had a bit of handbags.

Whilst neither is a good thing, the impression so far seems to be that the dogs was not in the same league.

Well they've already lost my respect for being out on the lash at such a crucial stage of the season. Embarrassing.

Well they've already lost my respect for being out on the lash at such a crucial stage of the season. Embarrassing.

A FOOTBALLER who was arrested during an incident outside a police station was dismissed by his club yesterday.

Allan Smart, 27, a striker for Oldham Athletic, has appeared before the town's magistrates charged with assaulting a policeman and with a public order offence. He and a team-mate, Paul Murray, 25, were remanded on bail after officers broke up a scuffle involving a taxi driver outside Chadderton police station last week.

The second division club said yesterday that it was cancelling the Scots-born player's contract because of two serious breaches of rules since he joined the club from Watford last November. In a statement, it said: "The Board of Directors has taken the decision after reviewing Smart's recent breach of club rules in addition to a similar transgression in December 2001."

The club's chief executive, Alan Hardy, said Smart had been warned about his future conduct after the incident last December. His dismissal was divorced from any court proceedings

Dave,

With respect, you don't know the full story. The club will and indeed have already stated that they are invetsigating the various "claims" relating to the incident and AH has also stated in the official statement that if the allegations are proven then he would expect the strongest possible action to be taken and that sackings cannot be ruled out. That shows how seriously they are taking this.

Now employment law is somewhat more (no pun intended) involved than it was even in CM's time as the Dabo situation last season proved (look how long that took to process through the regulations)

First of all the allegations have to be proven. The club have viewed the CCTV twice apparently and they will have formed an opinion by now I would have thought, but the process will take a little time.

Be patient and lets see what happened first before jumping to conclusions.

Cheers,

Harry

Dave,

With respect, you don't know the full story. The club will and indeed have already stated that they are invetsigating the various "claims" relating to the incident and AH has also stated in the official statement that if the allegations are proven then he would expect the strongest possible action to be taken and that sackings cannot be ruled out. That shows how seriously they are taking this.

Now employment law is somewhat more (no pun intended) involved than it was even in CM's time as the Dabo situation last season proved (look how long that took to process through the regulations)

First of all the allegations have to be proven. The club have viewed the CCTV twice apparently and they will have formed an opinion by now I would have thought, but the process will take a little time.

Cheers,

Harry

the fact they viewed cctv twice suggests there was something to see

Dave,

Cheers,

Yep, all fair points. Still think being out at that sort of do was a disgrace though

Harry

alan smart was after the chris moore era wasnt it?

Didnt Ricketts leave after a Taylor altercation ?

Maybe Ginger Ninja is the root cause.....

By all accounts from my sources young Chrissy is not exactly a small time pisshead .

Should we unload him ?

Could you imagine Dowie allowing a pissup like that ? John Harbin would have had a baby

I think if we had those two back most of this team would not last a day

Smart smacked a copper and had only played a couple of games and done nothing if i remember rightly, Easy decision... Sacking integral players that are proven at a pivotal point in the sesason is a different ball game - Im not saying that the board shouldn't look at simlair action depending on the results of investigations, the decision would have to be one taken with alot more care

Edited by longtimeblue