Dowie in town...

Tonight I went for a curry at Vamasaki in Oldham(yes Oldham) and Sir Dowie was having a nice curry, wonder why hes over here ...?

I was going to say maybe he's here to cover the game for Sky tomorrow - but that'd be pretty stupid of me. Who knows...? If we lose tomorrow maybe just maybe...

Don't his family still live near oldham? Wasn't that his excuse for leaving palace, cos he wanted to move north (by about 5 miles as it turned out)?

i'd be absolutely stunned if TTA ever offered him employment again, in any capacity

Tonight I went for a curry at Vamasaki in Oldham(yes Oldham) and Sir Dowie was having a nice curry, wonder why hes over here ...?

how can you call him sir ,big joe and frizzell are the only managers we can call sir , dowies not fit to clean the bogs at latics .

how can you call him sir ,big joe and frizzell are the only managers we can call sir , dowies not fit to clean the bogs at latics .

Dowie was an excellent manager at the time he was with us - I only wish someone with the approach he showed then was in charge of the current squad of players

In your time as a supporter, maybe. I reckon you're probably doing Jack Rowley a massive disservice to suggest he wasn't in the same league as Frizzell and Royle.

Dowie did a great job with us but he didn't leave in the most amicable way, so i can't see him working here again. Also his record since (Palace-lied his way out of his contract and was successfully sued for it;Charlton-sacked;Coventry-sacked;QPR-sacked) doesn't suggest that getting on with a club's directors is his strong point.

Dowie did a great job with us but he didn't leave in the most amicable way, so i can't see him working here again. Also his record since (Palace-lied his way out of his contract and was successfully sued for it;Charlton-sacked;Coventry-sacked;QPR-sacked) doesn't suggest that getting on with a club's directors is his strong point.

From what I've heard about him, he doesn't sound like he's the most loyal of managers. He ditched Latics quick enough when a better offer came along. Only in it for the money I think. We are definately better off with Shez.

as an oldham fan , if i was manager and all the money had been taken out and i hadnt been paid in god knows how many weeks and a championship club came knocking.

a club with more money and more ambition? i would have jumped aswell........thats life, thats business.

cant blame him

In your time as a supporter, maybe. I reckon you're probably doing Jack Rowley a massive disservice to suggest he wasn't in the same league as Frizzell and Royle.

Rowley did well first time around due to Bobby Johnstone . Lets not forget his second spell....8-1 defeat to Peterboro....Cup defeat to South Shields.....the signing of the ridiculous Dickie Down...need I go on ?

Just to clear up, although not really necessary with the appointment of Joe Royle, but Iain Dowie was at Vamasaki on Friday evening enjoying a curry with his ex-Luton teammate and ex Latics favourite Darron McDonough. Thanks to the management for the complimentary champers!