shez on sky news sports

If he can't see the reason he must be blind, and I for one don't think the dogs had a bearing on the decision.

Spot on! He's acting faultless to the end...sad that he can't hold his hands up and admit he made mistakes. And glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the Dogs night. It bugs me how the media and some of ours think it's a big factor in the decision.

The defeat at home to The Gas was one of the worst atmospheres I've had the misfortune to be in at BP. And was a culmination of continual mis-management. We went to Millwall thinking lose the next 2 and he was going to struggle to keep us afloat in the playoff race. As always, doing well against the good teams and then pathetically crashing down again vs Colchester. It's bugging me that this Dogs' night is being talked up as the main reason he left or lost the dressing room (as is hinted at). Coz it isn't. Sadly, he'd hit his limit for us well before that night. Infact...for me, it was longer than I care to say on here. But even though I felt that way, I continued to hope I was wrong.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Spot on! He's acting faultless to the end...sad that he can't hold his hands up and admit he made mistakes. And glad I'm not the only one who thinks that about the Dogs night. It bugs me how the media and some of ours think it's a big factor in the decision.

The defeat at home to The Gas was one of the worst atmospheres I've had the misfortune to be in at BP. And was a culmination of continual mis-management. We went to Millwall thinking lose the next 2 and he was going to struggle to keep us afloat in the playoff race. As always, doing well against the good teams and then pathetically crashing down again vs Colchester. It's bugging me that this Dogs' night is being talked up as the main reason he left or lost the dressing room (as is hinted at). Coz it isn't. Sadly, he'd hit his limit for us well before that night. Infact...for me, it was longer than I care to say on here. But even though I felt that way, I continued to hope I was wrong.

The turning point of our season was going from 5 points clear at the top of the league at half-time at Victoria Park, to scraping a draw after losing all shape and discipline despite cruising in at HT 2-0 up! As good as DJ is we didn't really need him, we had gone top playing a mixture of good football and demonstrating steely resolve. From then for the me the writing was on the wall, the week after a poor Huddersfield side outplayed, out-thought and out-fought us at BP where we were fortunate to gain a point. The treatment of Davies was shoddy, has been that of C O'G and the mystifying continual signings of average journeymen from the Championship to attempt to paper over the cracks at the expense of our one true striking partnership. Too many draws and a reluctance nay inability to change things to try and win games has come home to roost. Privately, imo he should have gone after the debacle at Hereford - publicly I was resigned to seeing him limp on until May.

THAT'S WHY YOU WERE SACKED SHEZ!

The pig-ignorance he showed in tactical ability is there until the bitter end, Until you admit your failings you will never be able to improve, Thanks for the memories John, on and off the pitch. A legend worthy of the name but please stop kidding yourself.

Agreed, he should have admitted to LEARNED FROM his mistakes before he made them AGAIN.... :unsure::wink:

Sheridans inability to recognise where he has gone wrong is still evident in his press conference. Without reiterating the salient points prozac has made, nothing was being learned from our performances other than his loan signings WEREN'T WORKING and his touchline direction WASN'T EFFECTIVE (Sorry for shouting). Half a dozen games later we would still be making the same basic errors, and Sheridan would still be saying "I can't understand what went wrong".

He's not been treated shoddily - he's been backed all the way. TTA must've thought "Bloody Hell John, You want ANOTHER loan player?" on a number of occasions, but trusted him to make it work. It didn't work, and if he still wonders why then he is even less of a manager than I thought.

Sheridans most ardent supporters surely cannot have missed us gradually slipping from top to out of the playoffs and a quite conceivable finish of 10th based on the evidence of post-Christmas form?

It's either naive or stupid of him to say he doesn't know why he has been sacked, IMO it has nothing to do with the incident at the dogs but more to do with a steady decline since we topped the table early in the season, our form over the last 3 months has been nearly relegation standard.

The dogs incident is only masking the far more serious problem of performances and results.

The Hereford debacle was treated far too lightly when it should have highlighted the massive problems we were facing on the pitch.

Some of the loans we completed were desperate measures and really clutching at straws.

The turning point of our season was going from 5 points clear at the top of the league at half-time at Victoria Park, to scraping a draw after losing all shape and discipline despite cruising in at HT 2-0 up! As good as DJ is we didn't really need him, we had gone top playing a mixture of good football and demonstrating steely resolve. From then for the me the writing was on the wall, the week after a poor Huddersfield side outplayed, out-thought and out-fought us at BP where we were fortunate to gain a point. The treatment of Davies was shoddy, has been that of C O'G and the mystifying continual signings of average journeymen from the Championship to attempt to paper over the cracks at the expense of our one true striking partnership. Too many draws and a reluctance nay inability to change things to try and win games has come home to roost. Privately, imo he should have gone after the debacle at Hereford - publicly I was resigned to seeing him limp on until May.

The pig-ignorance he showed in tactical ability is there until the bitter end, Until you admit your failings you will never be able to improve, Thanks for the memories John, on and off the pitch. A legend worthy of the name but please stop kidding yourself.

Spot on mucker

i am soo annoyed we havent given shez a reason for this

how about slipping gradually out of the play-offs, treading water whilst other teams win and losing 5-0 and 6-2, poor team selections, poor subbing. enough reasons there john.

Echo most, if not all of that...and there's more...

The lack of pulling Gregan out of the fire soon enough. Finally had to do it away at Chelts in the cup when a couple of weeks earlier it was required. The lack of dealing with Hughes' petulance (4 handballs getting 4 of his first 5 yellow cards & giving a pen away at Swindon) which led us to losing him for some vital games...again, see Cheltenham. And to add to this, the farce of the replay...a number of strikers out on loan or suspended, starting with clearly injured Smalley and finishing with Wolfenden which gave me about as much hope of scoring as I have of winning the lottery (and I don't go on it!!!) Oh and in the other cup...1 upfront at Burnley? That one being O'Grady???

Tactically...at times he became either hopeful or downright desperate. Scunny, Swindon and 1 other game my mind forgets where we saw the same subsitution...Lids and Lewis on, Smalley and Windass off. At home, 0-0 vs Swindon, 80mins in and we're attacking and we have 4 players around the centre circle marking 2 of their strikers.

Throw in a bit of rotating doors for the strikers (Ormerod, Windass, Kabba), the omissions of Lomax and Alessandra (who did their jobs well early on and got us top, till he made way for Jones and Shez's attempts to rotate players) and him constantly praising the opposition team in the press before games, week on week on week just baffled me. As did comments like "I know what points tally we need for playoffs". The same comment we saw 2yrs ago when we slid from 2pts from 2nd down towards 7th but rescued it on the last day. Indications of not learning and of having hit his limit.

I've been quite silent on here for the last 6mths...only coming on ever so often. Making the odd comment here and there. Only now have I felt like fully airing my thoughts on Shez...mainly coz I wanted him to either succeed or resign by saying he can't take us any further. Sadly, he did neither and the right decision was made.

There's only 1 thing that may have made some difference for Shez, which in his defence was beyond his control...A proper, structured reserve set up! It might've been something that would've kept players a bit happier and a bit fitter (early season Stam, Maher, Smalley, O'Grady, Davies etc all struggled when called on, down to not having pitch-time). Not having one certainly can't have helped this situation.

Overall...there are many good things Shez has done, I won't discount that. I've always maintained that I've felt on the whole (which means minus Thompson) he's brought in very very good players...bar when he got desperate towards the end and left us gambling for 3mths on Fleming not getting injured or suspended and then panicked signed Budtz. I actually think he'd be a better number 2 than the main man. And would not have had a problem with him staying here being that...however, it would never have happened that way.

All in all...there are so many reasons to lay at Sheridan's door for his failings. If he doesn't sit in his garden over the summer and reflect on them (if he isn't blind to them as it appears he might be) then he'll never make it as a manager. He does have potential...but he's got a hell of a lot to learn!

He's not going to admit his faults is he. He will want a job somewhere else.

It's convenient to remind all and sundry " What a good job he's done with the 4th smallest budget etc etc etc................"

For me all his limitations this season were in evidence last season. We'll see on Saturday just how good the players are.

He's not going to admit his faults is he. He will want a job somewhere else.

It's convenient to remind all and sundry " What a good job he's done with the 4th smallest budget etc etc etc................"

For me all his limitations this season were in evidence last season. We'll see on Saturday just how good the players are.

19 points from the last 51

Well excuuuuuuse me for thinking that after last Saturday's result was the first time out of the play-offs - you lot really are an almighty bunch arent you. Yes wheels have fell off of late but can understand his shock at his sudden dismissal as soon as were are outside play off places. I still believe under him, we'd have done Trannies on Satdi and gone on to make the play offs - I wonder what you lot would be like if we were near the bottom - stuck him on top of a bonfire and burnt him - pheweeee!!

Well excuuuuuuse me for thinking that after last Saturday's result was the first time out of the play-offs - you lot really are an almighty bunch arent you. Yes wheels have fell off of late but can understand his shock at his sudden dismissal as soon as were are outside play off places. I still believe under him, we'd have done Trannies on Satdi and gone on to make the play offs - I wonder what you lot would be like if we were near the bottom - stuck him on top of a bonfire and burnt him - pheweeee!!

3 years of a top budget...look back at Simon Corney's interview August 2008...I quote "if we don't do it this season, we never will!"

The backing Shez has had...the stability everyone cried out for...he's had the best chance we've had since CM and Dowie to sustain a challenge for top 2! Not a 6-week challenge for it in August and September and then a slow, systematic decline downwards. Where continuous glaring errors have led to such a demise.

There are 2 things in football which are defining...ambition and limitations. Our ambition this season was correctly high due to the backing and stability. Shez's limitations meant he had hit the ceiling of his abilities and could not only match the ambition (a real sustained top 2 challenge) but we were fast falling out of the playoff picture. The ball is far from in out court now as Joe takes over. Hence why Shez had to leave. You only ever sack a manager if you feel he can't take you any further. Shez couldn't which is why he repeated the same press conference each week and lost to the same sort of teams regularly.

One final thought...we would've done Tranmere on Saturday under Shez, would we? You and I will never know. But one thing we do know, imagine the scenes as Ian Moore crashes one in 5 minutes into the game...B.Rovers was bad...Colchester was also...those atmospheres would have been nothing compared to what it could've been. I'd rather be in the situation we are now, building up to Saturday!

Edited by boundaryblue80