For the under 20s

i am soo fed up with what has happened. the fact joe royle is our manager to the end of this season seems to me that latics have made a panic reaction and i cant really understand why we have sacked john sheridan. i know joe royle is a club legend tho i have been told his tactics involve a lot of long passes and this is something i dont like

Scott if I see you this weekend I will tell you the importance of Joe Royle to Oldham Athletic he is the biggest reason outside my immediate family why I am an Oldham Athletic fan now rather than joining my mates in the pub every saturday trying to connect myself to a team that really doesn't matter to me watching Soccer Saturday.

For the under 20's

Yeah you did miss out big time and no there is no guarantee that Joe can do a repeat but you will no doubt be hearing the noise and the atmosphere already. You must be feeling the buzz and suddenly the talk is all about Saturday again and the return of Joe.

Both my daughters were club mascots during those glory years and in 5 years time I am hoping my grandson will run out with the team wearing his mums old Bovis kit. It makes my stomach turn to think of gates of 4 and 5 thousand at Boundary Park while Oldham bred people get on the bus to Old Trafford or Man City.

Granted most of the games I go to are away games but, despite losing my job a few weeks back, I will dig deep and catch that ferry on Saturday at about 6am and do a 500 mile round trip to welcome back Joe.

Yes ok we did lose a few games and at the end of the day we didnt have enough to stay in the top flight but we had a club that was united from supporter to boardroom. Andy barlow making the biggest mistake of his life going into the Clayton arms after we had beaten Wednesday to win the old 2nd Div - He was lifted and passed around the bar over peoples heads like a human football hahaha.

That glorious night when we thrashed West Ham 6-0 to reach the Littlewoods Cup Final - Instead of going home I satyed in Oldham for three days - I was too drunk to drive.

Rick Holdens panama hat - Jeesh he damn near slept in it but boy who cares - He could cross that ball so sweetly. Ian Marshall's toothy grin.

For me theres not a sweeter memmory than that of Andy Ritchies equaliser 4th min of injury time at Southampton that took the game to a replay and a

2-0 win - When you live on the Isle of Wight and see latics turn over Saints or Pompey then its lovely to be on the boat back to the island full of their supporters hahahaha

You want to see those days again boys, the days you missed out on? - Then be there on Saturday, be there every Saturday, tell your mates and tell them to tell their mates - IF there is a second Royal revolution then be there from the start cos last time it was one hell of a ride

For the under 20's

Yeah you did miss out big time and no there is no guarantee that Joe can do a repeat but you will no doubt be hearing the noise and the atmosphere already. You must be feeling the buzz and suddenly the talk is all about Saturday again and the return of Joe.

Both my daughters were club mascots during those glory years and in 5 years time I am hoping my grandson will run out with the team wearing his mums old Bovis kit. It makes my stomach turn to think of gates of 4 and 5 thousand at Boundary Park while Oldham bred people get on the bus to Old Trafford or Man City.

Granted most of the games I go to are away games but, despite losing my job a few weeks back, I will dig deep and catch that ferry on Saturday at about 6am and do a 500 mile round trip to welcome back Joe.

Yes ok we did lose a few games and at the end of the day we didnt have enough to stay in the top flight but we had a club that was united from supporter to boardroom. Andy barlow making the biggest mistake of his life going into the Clayton arms after we had beaten Wednesday to win the old 2nd Div - He was lifted and passed around the bar over peoples heads like a human football hahaha.

That glorious night when we thrashed West Ham 6-0 to reach the Littlewoods Cup Final - Instead of going home I satyed in Oldham for three days - I was too drunk to drive.

Rick Holdens panama hat - Jeesh he damn near slept in it but boy who cares - He could cross that ball so sweetly. Ian Marshall's toothy grin.

For me theres not a sweeter memmory than that of Andy Ritchies equaliser 4th min of injury time at Southampton that took the game to a replay and a

2-0 win - When you live on the Isle of Wight and see latics turn over Saints or Pompey then its lovely to be on the boat back to the island full of their supporters hahahaha

You want to see those days again boys, the days you missed out on? - Then be there on Saturday, be there every Saturday, tell your mates and tell them to tell their mates - IF there is a second Royal revolution then be there from the start cos last time it was one hell of a ride

Respect!

For the under 20's

That just brought tears to my eyes and makes me want to emigrate again. I can almost smell Saturday afternoon from the other side of the world !!!!

We could lose 9-0 on Saturday and I wouldnt give a monkeys because big joes back and is giving me something to smile about :D

I am just going to enjoy the last 9 games with Joe in charge, win or lose, its going to be fun :)

I really would love the younger fans to get a taste of what we had in the 80's/90's though... A lot of the younguns only know doom and gloom and it shows a lot... Feel for them..

Edited by oafc0000

We could lose 9-0 on Saturday and I wouldnt give a monkeys because big joes back and is giving me something to smile about :D

I am just going to enjoy the last 9 games with Joe in charge, win or lose, its going to be fun :)

I really would love the younger fans to get a taste of what we had in the 80's/90's though... A lot of the younguns only know doom and gloom and it shows a lot... Feel for them..

my son is 10,and he said last week...dad..we sacked shez....and we got some old geezer with grey hair in charge....who is he and is he any good

i told him as far as he was concerned he is the messiah,big joe.....the original special one.

i then gave him a copy of the video of the year we went up...its now his fave video....

he simply said dad,why cant we play like that now....so i told him wait for saturdday son,and hopefully you will see a different team altogether.

he is really buzzing with it now.....i just hope he gets to see us half as brilliant as what i did....then he will know why i have been giddy all week singing all the old songs.