Ian Westlake

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks a good signing.

is this the final proof that Stephens and Lee are either not ready for first team football or, dare I say it, crap?

Lee could be back-up or considered for the flanks as well, so I dare say we could see him grace the pitch under Big Joe. Stephens may do yet though, getting Westlake in could be seen more as Joe doesn't rate our first choice midfield as much.

eh??

we've hardly seen em in real footballing terms..

do you think joe has???

wright and duxbury have and it appears they've not been banging Royle's door down saying "you must give these lads a go"

"can't understand why shez didn't"

"most on OWTB's are adamant that they're the answer to all our prayers despite hardly having seen either of them play" etc........

:grin:

wright and duxbury have and it appears they've not been banging Royle's door down saying "you must give these lads a go"

"can't understand why shez didn't"

"most on OWTB's are adamant that they're the answer to all our prayers despite hardly having seen either of them play" etc........

:grin:

which reserve games are you basing tommy and dux's opinion on here??!!

OWTB'S aren't saying they are the answer,they are saying..

1/how can they impress when there are no reserve games?

2/how are they supposed to keep match fit?

3/why were they bought in the first place?

Edited by johnny punkster

which reserve games are you basing tommy and dux's opinion on here??!!

OWTB'S aren't saying they are the answer,they are saying..

1/how can they impress when there are no reserve games?

2/how are they supposed to keep match fit?

3/why were they bought in the first place?

and dfOAFC is saying..

1/why does everyone go so far over the top with these two?

2/what have they done that I've missed for so many to constantly pine for their inclusion in the team?

3/why? just why?

:unsure:

and dfOAFC is saying..

2/what have they done that I've missed for so many to constantly pine for their inclusion in the team?

3/why? just why?

Dont think many are saying their the answer to our prayers, more like emphasising the point when allot/whittaker/maher playing crap, surely worth a try. Kieron Lee certainly impressed in his 2 game stint in first team AND he was playing out of position.

If they were given a chance and turned out to be crap then im sure alot of people on here would hold their hands up.

However, I think Maher and whittakers time at the club could be coming to an end if big joe stays on. Joe has always liked to play yard dogs with lots of energy in centre mid aka henry, milligan, and tricky wingers who can put a ball in on the flanks, aka holden and adams.

and dfOAFC is saying..

3/why? just why?

1/who on here are going over the top about they "should be playing" full stop?..i know of no one.

2/round and round in circles...if there was a reserve team,maybe they could have OWTBS,the management staff etc to see if they were ready.

3/i agree.why bother.

1/who on here are going over the top about they "should be playing" full stop?..i know of no one.

2/round and round in circles...if there was a reserve team,maybe they could have OWTBS,the management staff etc to see if they were ready.

3/i agree.why bother.

i noticed the other day it said the reserve team is being re-instated for next season....

at least the fringe players will be able to keep match fit to a certain degree,think if we had had a more constructed reserve team this season lee and stephens would of played regular and had more of a shout with regard first team football.and at the very least be staking a claim for the bench.

Dont think many are saying their the answer to our prayers, more like emphasising the point when allot/whittaker/maher playing crap, surely worth a try. Kieron Lee certainly impressed in his 2 game stint in first team AND he was playing out of position.

If they were given a chance and turned out to be crap then im sure alot of people on here would hold their hands up.

However I think Maher and whittakers time at the club could be coming to an end if big joe stays on.[/b] Joe has always liked to play yard dogs with lots of energy in centre mid aka henry, milligan, and tricky wingers who can put a ball in on the flanks, aka holden and adams.

I disagree.

I think Joe will like Maher. I see alot of good in his play; he's a steady eddie who has been there & while he was there; bought the t-shirt. 10 years at Sarfend, a number of them as captain - good experience to call on that.

I like maher, whilst not being spectacular he does a job & does it well. The back-pass apart he was up there in terms of best player on the park vs Leicester & his set plays have provided a massive % of our recent goals; assists wise & his goal vs MKclowns.

I will stand by to be corrected, but i think the 2 CM's on sat will be Maher & Westlake.

Agree that Whitts may be looking for anew club come June, but i think joe will fancy Kev (and not in that way!!)

Edited by slystallone

3/i agree.why bother.

Can't put names but know there have been because I've thrown despairing looks to the sky and thought where do people get the idea that we should be putting them in when there's no real evidence as to whether they can do a better job! Agree that maybe there should be that evidence but....

At times , on OWTB and the late JKL, the knee jerk reaction of some is/was "put the kids in". But then there's a few unsure games and the boo boys start, Eardley got the treatment when he was 19, Smalley gets it at times, Lomax too.

A winger and a striker could well be next after Saturdays game what's Sheti Kuqi upto these days didnt Palace try to get rid of him? Had a cracking season under Royle at Ipswich

I think Royle will be taking a close look at Smalley over the next week or so he does mention he likes his wingers and strikers..

A winger and a striker could well be next after Saturdays game what's Sheti Kuqi upto these days didnt Palace try to get rid of him? Had a cracking season under Royle at Ipswich

Leeslover is the man to ask there. He has a few Palace working alongside him I think (memory failing).

well i for one haven't been demanding it...latics cocked up huge style for not having a stiffs team.

as repeated over and over,how can they impress on the training pitch?

so,back to my original point,how can stevens and lee impress joe when they haven't been playing ANY competitive football?

they can't.

its been a case for "jobs for the lads" really.

why hasn't this lad from chelsea had any look in yet?

why bring him in the first case?

hopefully joe has seen through all that :censored:e over the last 4 days and things will improve.

me thinks there will be a few surprises in the team on saturday.

too many names written in marker pen every week on the team sheet.

joe will throw most of this team completely off track and will have to earn everything...their right to be in the team and their right for a new contract next season-another scenario that has interesting permutations.

Can't put names but know there have been because I've thrown despairing looks to the sky and thought where do people get the idea that we should be putting them in when there's no real evidence as to whether they can do a better job! Agree that maybe there should be that evidence but....

At times , on OWTB and the late JKL, the knee jerk reaction of some is/was "put the kids in". But then there's a few unsure games and the boo boys start, Eardley got the treatment when he was 19, Smalley gets it at times, Lomax too.

I think most of these people just feel that Lee should have been at least given a chance to prove his worth. It might have been a different case if we have had 4 midfielders that had been outstanding all season and didnt deserve to be dropped but our midfield has been pretty poor on numerous occations this season.

Leeslover is the man to ask there. He has a few Palace working alongside him I think (memory failing).

Yep, palace said he can leave mid-season, and publically stated this... however he is rumoured to be on a massive wedge (£15-20k or summat), so no-one was really interested as he wouldnt take a wage cut... plus at the same time he started scoring, so it all died down...

Wouldnt discount the Royle Factor... however think its doubtful he would come... though I would love it if he did!

I've been to Palace a couple of times and Kuqi blows hot and cold. He did score an absolute pearler against Preston last season, though. I was sat right behind the line of the shot - scissor kick right into the top corner.

I'd rather us use our own players in any case.

Eardley still gets it and he's not that much older now...

You're spot on...I'd like to see Stephens and Lee sometime but only when it's suitable. We had players in there who have been suitable but not properly motivated to do the job as regularly as they were at the start of the season. Simple as that...can change things and change things and change things but no gaurantee it'll work. A bit like with Joe, no gaurantee he'll get us in the playoffs. But at least we've some track record :wink: to go off in our judgement on that one!

One other thing...I personally think we've got a great little yarddog in Westlake (who'll go together nicely with Maher...a player in better form than most recently) but where Chelts fans are concerned (and their comments on him) I think 90% of us on OWTB could've stepped into their midfield and done a job!!!

Edited by boundaryblue80