Ian Westlake

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Palace a couple of times and Kuqi blows hot and cold.

Yep, I remember the Palace fans being convinced he was the fattest waste of space on the planet, then he goes on a scoring run and they like him for a while. He was offered an extended deal but had to take a current pay cut and told them to go swivel. Not sure he would be too motivated to play third division football tbh

Me too... will be on exercise dodging molotov cocktails, sniper practice, patroling, raiding houses and running a lot. (Suppose it will be a bit like visiting Millwall!) Absolutely gutted. But great signing.

This was interesting: Unlike some media outlets, oldhamathletic.co.uk only releases signing news when all the paperwork is completed and the player in question is officially a Latic. Well done learned at last.

er, is this the same oldhamathletic.co.uk that said Joe Royle is expected to tie up his first deal with agreement reached for Shane supple (but paperwork not yet completed) only 1 day before? !! <_<

Supple Ready to move but not signed on the dotted line yet

Edited by singe

er, is this the same oldhamathletic.co.uk that said Joe Royle is expected to tie up his first deal with agreement reached for Shane supple (but paperwork not yet completed) only 1 day before? !!

Hi Singe, I'm pretty sure the reason they did this was because the news broke first elsewhere. It only appeared on our official site after the story broke on the official Ipswich site. Can't really blame them for that.

Edited by CD's Orange Heels

Not read much of what has gone before, so hopefully not covering old ground - but i'm glad to see Royle has immediately been able to identify our 'achilles heel' all season, which has been central midfield. Despite what some think Maher brings far more, when on form than Allott has this season and unfortunately it has been Allott and 1 other for Shez (not that I am singling out Allott, as he has done ok) - but

Maher, a similar player, for me has a bit more quality in his locker. Therefore Lee, Stephens should really have had an opportunity - certainly Lee after his 2 starts - the one at Crewe was very promising. It was and is obvious Whitts isn't the long term solution in there - not good enough at this level to do it consistently.

Therin lies the possible story behind Shez's downfall, too many loan players signed for positions where they weren't necessary required and ignoring our main weak point - centre mid.

Signs of the legend still at work -problem identified within a week - Class!!

Westlake may not be the long term answer, we'll have to wait and see, though saying all that - but at least he's identified it and changed it.

er, is this the same oldhamathletic.co.uk that said Joe Royle is expected to tie up his first deal with agreement reached for Shane supple (but paperwork not yet completed) only 1 day before? !!

Hi Singe, I'm pretty sure the reason they did this was because the news broke first elsewhere. It only appeared on our official site after the story broke on the official Ipswich site. Can't really blame them for that.

It wasn't really a criticism to be honest.

I thought that avatar was a wry smile!

Not an issue, this week is going to be good week! In all honesty IO think they got it just about right.

I will stand by to be corrected, but i think the 2 CM's on sat will be Maher & Westlake.

Allott and Westlake i'd say.

Don't think Maher is energetic enough for JR's liking in centre mid.

Lee might get a chance too on that basis.