Ian Westlake

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its not exactly Ian Westlake related but i find it shocking that Cheltnam Towns owners are 15th on 442's Rich list. I know there's a recession on at the moment but even so, surely being that rich means they could help the club out a little bit

They dropped their funding a few weeks ago.

hmm not signed yet..

Royle's Latics patience

Peter Spencer

March 19, 2009

JOE Royle will give his new charges a chance to impress before hitting the transfer market ahead of next week's loan deadline.

The new Oldham boss is likely to make only one change for Saturday's clash with fellow play-off contenders Tranmere - Shane Supple in goal.

The Eire Under-21 international has joined from Ipswich and joined his new team-mates at training today after signing on loan until the end of the season.

Royle is maintaining an interest in Cheltenham's all-action midfielder Ian Westlake, but will wait until after Saturday before deciding whether to pursue two other potential targets.

He said: "The lads were terrific in training. I have had the reaction I expected, very positive and the attitude has been first class.

"They deserve a chance and will get it on Saturday. I gave Shane his debut at Ipswich when he was 17. He's a great shot stopper. I won't know for sure whether the team needs strengthening until after the game."

As revealed by M.E.N. Sport the Latics could soon have multi-millionaire John Wardle back involved. The founder of JD Sports was the shirt sponsor at Boundary Park before splashing out at City. He is is understood to be keen to get back into football.

Chief executive Alan Hardy is relishing a near 9,000-gate for Big Joe's Return.

"There is very definitely a buzz about the place," he said.

Confirmed via sms. Loan till end of season.

Same old Joe, sees what's required no arseing about...sign here son! Done! That's how to conduct transfers not dithering and umming and ahhing over second, third, fourth or even fifth choice targets. Don't give 'em time to think. You really think Ian Moore or that dodgy Austrian would've pissed Joe about?

Edited by oafcprozac

I know its not exactly Ian Westlake related but i find it shocking that Cheltnam Towns owners are 15th on 442's Rich list. I know there's a recession on at the moment but even so, surely being that rich means they could help the club out a little bit

It's probably why they're so high up on the rich list.

Can't play at Cheltenham next Tuesday as per loan agreement.

Pretty happy with this - a mate who is unfortunately a leeds fan rates him. he sas he's a no frills box to box midfielder who works his tits off for 90mins. Wont beat a man for skill but, and this was a direct quote "he doesn't give the ball away that much; he takes care of it".......

Likes a nibble in the tackle too, has a nasty streak if provoked apparently

YARD DOGS!!!!!!

"Gutted about Westlake, got a good player there Oldham."

"Championship quality IMO, by far our most talented player."

"What a shame, too good a player to be in a team at the foot of the table. Hope we got something off Oldham as he was on a 6month contract with us."

"He's a very good player, too good for Oldham." (!)

"Gutted re Westlake. Big Joe saw all he needed to see last night then!"

"Westy was class and I don't begrudge him at all. Hope it's not true about being able to play against us next week."

"I'd just like to say good luck to Ian Westlake at Oldham i hope it goes well for him there. Thanks for the effort you have put in while you have been here a great professional and a very talented player, always put in 100% for the team. Thanks Westy"

Pretty happy with this - a mate who is unfortunately a leeds fan rates him. he sas he's a no frills box to box midfielder who works his tits off for 90mins. Wont beat a man for skill but, and this was a direct quote "he doesn't give the ball away that much; he takes care of it".......

Likes a nibble in the tackle too, has a nasty streak if provoked apparently

YARD DOGS!!!!!!

Exactly. Outwork the opposition in the middle, get the ball, dont mess around, give the ball to the wingers, and get your backside to the edge of the box to pick up any pieces.

I love Mark Allott - however I feel this is a direct replacement for him. Allotts coverage has tailed off recently - and as we all know our midfield has been getting battered for months.

Great move. The position we all know needed strengthening, but the only position Shez seemed determined not to strengthen. Sorted.

Next!

"Gutted re Westlake. Big Joe saw all he needed to see last night then!"

Quality - I assume joe was scouting at the game. Westlake is the best player on the pitch and batters the bindippers... He'll do, thanks a lot Chelts!

As has been said. No messing.

Edited by BigfinLatic

if only joe was here 6 games earlier..

another target hit without a moments thought.

"i want him"

"ok joe,go for it"

result.

Its more than that though.

He is the type of Manager players dont really say no to.... especially as he has given these guys a break in football...

To Shez on the other hand... err, sorry mate, I'm ok where I am... hear you have a few problems up there...

Edited by BigfinLatic

Its more than that though.

He is the type of Manager players dont really say no to.... especially as he has given these guys a break in football...

To Shez on the other hand... err, sorry mate, I'm ok where I am... hear you have a few problems up there...

it was an "in a nutshell" post.

but you're other points regarding joe /his ex players,and shez/problems are bob on the nose.