Ian Westlake

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen we have ian westlake on trail looks like joe has got him in as he is ex ipswich boy?? u will all remember his goal against us in 94th min 4 leeds? looks like he is next one in and creative mid were looking for??

If your being like that,we may as well get citehs manager as well :angry:

He played last night against Tranmere and was very influential in their win, so to bring in a current first team player on loan would seem unlikely.

If he is on a week to week contract I don't know how that fits in with the transfer window gone.

Edited by BP1960

He played last night against Tranmere and was very influential in their win, so to bring in a current first team player on loan would seem unlikely.

If he is on a week to week contract I don't know how that fits in with the transfer window gone.

Each week he becomes, in effect, a free agent if he doesn't re - sign. As such he can be signed by another club and it's not a transfer.

Edited by LaticsPete

I know its not exactly Ian Westlake related but i find it shocking that Cheltnam Towns owners are 15th on 442's Rich list. I know there's a recession on at the moment but even so, surely being that rich means they could help the club out a little bit

I think he would be a good signing and definitly would be the creative player who should help us dominate midfeild more. We desperatley need somebody who can keep the ball because we given away far to often by this team at times.

Good signing. Well done Joe!

another missing piece of the jigsaw maybe.

this is what i like,he has already assessed certain areas and immediately got onto doing something about it...no dillying or dallying around....straight in and sorted...

like a breath of fresh air.

another missing piece of the jigsaw maybe.

this is what i like,he has already assessed certain areas and immediately got onto doing something about it...no dillying or dallying around....straight in and sorted...

like a breath of fresh air.

Yep great signing well done Joe, Westlake is a good player in this league and Joe knows him well no doubt tireless midfileder with a bit of quality could be the new Mike Milligan,god wish I could be there Saturday.

I saw Westlake play for Ipswich on a few occasions, his is not the most skilful of players but got the respect of the town fans for his 110% effort. He never stopped running for 90 minutes. He did always look like he lacked a bit of quality for the Championship - but every team needs a work horse

I saw Westlake play for Ipswich on a few occasions, his is not the most skilful of players but got the respect of the town fans for his 110% effort. He never stopped running for 90 minutes. He did always look like he lacked a bit of quality for the Championship - but every team needs a work horse

Surely it's too much to hope for that a new 'Ernie' is to suddenly appear and work his socks off to take us out of this Division. :unsure: