Golbourne

Be gutted if he's gone back...Jones showed exactly his true colours at MK. Great cross for the goal...couldn't defend for toffee, got skinned endlessly, one point he let his man waltz past and left Gregan having to cynically pull back their lad for a yellow card. If not Golbourne at LB, then Lomax back there...Jones is great when he has to tackle (i.e he's the last man or it's a last-ditched tackle) but he's far too happy standing half a mile off his man and doing Micheal Clegg impressions when being run at. LW or not at all please Joe! With Golbourne or Lomax at LB.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Be gutted if he's gone back...Jones showed exactly his true colours at MK. Great cross for the goal...couldn't defend for toffee, got skinned endlessly, one point he let his man waltz past and left Gregan having to cynically pull back their lad for a yellow card. If not Golbourne at LB, then Lomax back there...Jones is great when he has to tackle (i.e he's the last man or it's a last-ditched tackle) but he's far too happy standing half a mile off his man and doing Micheal Clegg impressions when being run at. LW or not at all please Joe! With Golbourne or Lomax at LB.

So would you prefer the Lomax we saw at, say, Huddersfield? Ahead of Jones?

:o

Edited by opinions4u

Hope Golbourne hasn't gone.... actually really rated him...

I share similar thoughts to BB80 - and with Joe's style, I thought the team would be crying out for the small combatative Golbourne at Left back.... With Danny Jones on the left wing, and Chrissy on the right....

So would you prefer the Lomax we saw at, say, Huddersfield? Ahead of Jones?

:o

He's allowed bad games...as is Jones. Sadly with Jones it's a trait of his whole game. Stands off, rarely tackles...only when he has to. He's a LW...as clear as day. With Lomax, most games he gets it right and that's for someone who is more a RB than a LB. Ideal scenario is keeping Golbourne in there. He's not had a bad game for me. Just some really good ones and a few standard ones when the whole team's been turd.

The rarely wrong Chron says Joe has been impressed with Golbourne and Ferriera in training and offered them both extensions of their loan periods. Ferriera is keen to stay and Golbourne is to think about it over the weekend.

No way...is Ferrari due to be spared "The Worst EVER Loanee in the History of OAFC" tag at the 11th hour!?!?

E4e

CLOWN

Joe has said FB doesnt concern him... well its concerned me after Saturday

One thing Joe Royle is good at is boosting a player's confidence.

Confident players perform better.

Perhaps he can see the ability of a certain fullback (naming no Welshmen) and wants to nurture that in to better performances.

the club has messed something up here.

They say hes gone back to Reading as we have enough full backs who are rated above him, they quote Royle.

Yet...

Iv just watched the Royal interview and he said hes asked him to stay with us for another mont.

The cron also says we have extended it.

?????????