Anti Climax

I am like everyone very confident for Saturday

I just hope it isnt a anti climax, he hasnt that long, even though we sacked Shez we dont know if the players are still biccering

I just dont want to have my hopes dashed like everyone else

It would be so deflating to lose on Saturday, Recently I have looked forward to so many Oldham games only to come away dissapointed

In Joe we trust lets just hope the players respond!

KTF

Edited by razza699

I just hope it isnt a anti climax, he hasnt had long and even though we sacked Shez we dont know if the players are still biccering

It would be so deflating to lost on Saturday, Recently I have looked forward to so many Oldham games only to come away dissapointed

KTF

Stattos at the ready but didn't it take royle something like 3 or 4 seasons before we finished anything like a decent position in the league!? Not to throw a dampner on things but it could take years! Still made up royle is at the helm though! :grin:

Stattos at the ready but didn't it take royle something like 3 or 4 seasons before we finished anything like a decent position in the league!? Not to throw a dampner on things but it could take years! Still made up royle is at the helm though! :grin:

Although nothing like the same quality of player that Joe had in the glory years, the current squad has shown they are a match for anything in this division. It would seem that poor tactics and motivation have been the main cause of our dip in the past months. I believe that there are few better managers than Joe to adress those two issues.

Time is running out but a match a time and we can do it.

Although nothing like the same quality of player that Joe had in the glory years, the current squad has shown they are a match for anything in this division. It would seem that poor tactics and motivation have been the main cause of our dip in the past months. I believe that there are few better managers than Joe to adress those two issues.

Time is running out but a match a time and we can do it.

Agree it could work in the short term :grin: I'm just so happy Joe has come home :imnotworthy:

Edited by laticsmad

I know, I know.

Nice to hear people at work asking about us in a positive light. It's been a while. Think some might even be making a trip to BP this weekend.

yep we have a Everton fan here at work who speaks very highly, also a couple of City fans are pleased for him

Im really looking forward to an Oldham home game for the first time in a long time!

It feels like there is some optimism back amongst the fans and the negativity which has been surrounding the club for god knows how long finally lifting :D

However, I do not think we should expect we will suddenly become world beaters, and i was amazed that in a poll on here many have predicted a big win! While quite rightly so as manager Shez had to take the blame for poor performances and dropping out of the play offs, some blame has to rest with the players as well, and you also have to question the ability of some to actually step up and give us promotion!

I am not saying this to put a dampener on Saturday, I say it because I dont want the new found optimism to disintegrate at 5pm on saturday if we lose or do not make it in to the play offs at the end of the season. Joe Royle coming in has been like a breath of fresh air, I really hope that win lose or draw on saturday the new found optimism will continue. Because if we lose and its a return to the Boos and negativity etc, I will personally be more disapointed than ever before!

Nope! He finished 7th in his first season - although it was still Jimmy Frizz's team tbh. Then during the Summer of '83 there was a clear out (well fire sale!) and then there followed 2 seasons of transition with poorer players than the ones we had sold - Wylde, Atkinson and Ryan. One where we just about stayed up and the other where we finished mid-table. 85-86 we started like a house on fire then we went through Stipey's much fabled 10 defeats in 11, we recovered sufficiently to finish 9th. 86/87 is when we truly worried the leaders losing to Leeds in the Play Offs and from then on the rollercoaster was built. 86-92 were a fabulous time to be a Latics fan...

Im really looking forward to an Oldham home game for the first time in a long time!

It feels like there is some optimism back amongst the fans and the negativity which has been surrounding the club for god knows how long finally lifting :D

However, I do not think we should expect we will suddenly become world beaters, and i was amazed that in a poll on here many have predicted a big win! While quite rightly so as manager Shez had to take the blame for poor performances and dropping out of the play offs, some blame has to rest with the players as well, and you also have to question the ability of some to actually step up and give us promotion!

I am not saying this to put a dampener on Saturday, I say it because I dont want the new found optimism to disintegrate at 5pm on saturday if we lose or do not make it in to the play offs at the end of the season. Joe Royle coming in has been like a breath of fresh air, I really hope that win lose or draw on saturday the new found optimism will continue. Because if we lose and its a return to the Boos and negativity etc, I will personally be more disapointed than ever before!

i very much agree

I just hope it isnt a anti climax, he hasnt that long, even though we sacked Shez we dont know if the players are still biccering

It would be so deflating to lose on Saturday, Recently I have looked forward to so many Oldham games only to come away dissapointed

KTF

what is your favourite after shave? d & g?

KTF

im more than happy to take a 1-0 win on saturday....we always play pretty decent against tranmoore,and i think with the added atmoshphere were expecting,and hopefully a decent crowd,that our players finally here some really vocal backing and see what a great effect this has had on ev erybody.

im actually looking forward to going to bp this weekend,the last home game i was virtually lied down watching most of the game,thinking why have i bothered.

im sure this week in training joe will have galvanised the team,lifted the tension with his banter and enthusiasm and actually expressed just what it is he expects them to do,his approach will be totally different,and im hoping so will the players.

if he manages the impossible and gets us up,then i also think maybe give him a 12 month rolling deal...he will undoubtedly be able to get a better calibre and quality of player than we have been used to.

KTF

I think that the anti climax will come if anyone is confident of winning.

I'd say optimistic of getting a result, hopeful of a good performance (can't get seemingly worse?!)

If you expect to win, and win good then that is where the anti climax will come in I would have thought.

Spot on comments there!

However, I do love the timing...look at Blackpool two years ago...foot on the gas this time that season and never looked back. I dream of that being us...come on Joe, no pressure :wink:

I've waited a long long time to have that feeling back about oldham - you know, the one where you just know they are going to go out and win... as you say, the lashers got that a couple of seasons ago, Swansea probably had the same last season... and to some extent Donny did at the end too...

Even when we were top of the league under Shez, or at the start of this season, you just werent confident we had the ability to win each game... as has been said, its all about confidence and motivation - for players and fans... hopefully big joe will bring that....

I think that the anti climax will come if anyone is confident of winning.

I'd say optimistic of getting a result, hopeful of a good performance (can't get seemingly worse?!)

If you expect to win, and win good then that is where the anti climax will come in I would have thought.

That is 100% correct!!!

I do fear some people are getting wildly carried away. Just enjoy the next 9 games and if we make it we make it... Will be fun just having Joe back, its certainly got the fire in me burning again :)

Win, lose or draw... Its going to be fun :)

BIG FAT JOES BARMY ARMY :)

KTF

that's the spirit :unsure:

I am very confident this weekend and never been so excited over an Oldham game since well a long time.....

I think what people are forgetting is that Joe will correct the wrongs Shez has left behind there is no doubt of that. Shez left a talented squad who where ill disciplined and had about as much motivation as a dead rat, now there is no doubt in my mind that Big Joe will correct these issues immediatley (his BBC interview motivated me to call all plans off this weekend to make the game, whilst climbing mount everest naked, with a big joe tattoo on my yaris) any poor results/performances then only the players can be held responsible and they should all queue up outside shez's house ready to make a massive appology....

New managers always get an instant response, its keeping it up thats the hard part! Joe is the missing piece in our playoff jigsaw and i am looking forward to a successfull end!

WELCOME HOME JOE!

The way I feel about it is that i'm glad at least to have the opportunity of having my hopes and dreams dashed. Give me that anyday over the threat of nice stable mid table mediocrety. Give me edge of the seat, pulling my hair out, on the verge of having a heart attack stuff anyday. I've not really felt like that very often with Oldham in recent years and bloody hell I miss it. I've said before that I do not like the phrase "Keep the Faith" as I don't think its panned out well for us, but maybe just maybe, this was what it was all about. BRING ON THE ROLLERCOASTER!!!