Standing In Rochdale Road End

As a season ticket holder i feel i have seen enough to comment on the season so far.

I have to say regardless how rubbish we played today what was just as annoying was all the so called " Oldham " fans who were in the r.r.e. today.

I have never seen so many standing throughout the match at so many times were nothing was happening.

This was obviously down to the return of big Joe that we attracted the floaters who come next home match will have done one.

This is not utd or city. When nothing is happening on the pitch please sit down as all you do is just piss everyone else off behind you.

I sit in the T section and until today has thankfully been a stand free zone apart from when the obvious rare exciting moments happen.

Stewards non- existent today. Too busy throwing out the scallies from Tranmere

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astonishing. People actually trying to get behind their team, having the sheer nerve to try and gee things up when nothing is happening.

THEY SHOULD ONLY BE STANDING WHEN THERE'S SOMETHING EXCITING HAPPENING.

The absolute nerve of some fans.

Next thing you know there's an atmosphere.

They should sit on their hands in defeaning silence like every other like minded spectator.

Selfish bastards.

well i'm sure alan hardy will use that as a factor when latics get an FA charge for failing to stop missiles being thrown on the pitch.

Simple Just Win!!! lol

I felt like throwing stuff at stam and eardley so Ian moore had no chance lol

As a season ticket holder i feel i have seen enough to comment on the season so far.

I have to say regardless how rubbish we played today what was just as annoying was all the so called " Oldham " fans who were in the r.r.e. today.

I have never seen so many standing throughout the match at so many times were nothing was happening.

This was obviously down to the return of big Joe that we attracted the floaters who come next home match will have done one.

This is not utd or city. When nothing is happening on the pitch please sit down as all you do is just piss everyone else off behind you.

I sit in the T section and until today has thankfully been a stand free zone apart from when the obvious rare exciting moments happen.

Stewards non- existent today. Too busy throwing out the scallies from Tranmere

I do have sympathy for some people on this issue..particularly those less able-bodied spectators who get stuck behind a group of fans who stand persistently, but come on mate - today was always going to be one of those games where there would be plenty standing and there were plenty of places you could have sat where there was no fans/no standing.

How exactly are you supposed to stop missiles being thrown onto the pitch? :lol: Apart from putting up a net, or an invisable force-field type structure theres not much you can do!

i'll put it another way...

don't come winging on here when you can't get your bottle of pop at latics anymore.

glad you see the funny side of it.

ask TTA when they fork out for a fine, if they think its funny.

How exactly are you supposed to stop missiles being thrown onto the pitch? :lol: Apart from putting up a net, or an invisable force-field type structure theres not much you can do!

Well, the FA will say you need an increased police presence rather than stewards. So the policing bill goes up just so some cretinous little idiot can have his 30 seconds of fame within his sad little inner circle of morons.

I also sit in the T section of the RRE but to be honest, standing doesn't bother me in the slightest. I will stand if someone infront of me is standing and it restricts my view. But i think it just adds to the atmosphere, whichis why im all for the FA to introduce safe standing zones.

As ever, if there are kids behind me who can't see, then of course I willsit down and try and make most of what i can see so other fans can't miss. But as each season we play Tranmere, you go into this game expecting it to happen and expecting an atmosphere like that. There are only a selection of games like that in League One, so i think its good to make the most of such an occasion.

i'll put it another way...

don't come winging on here when you can't get your bottle of pop at latics anymore.

glad you see the funny side of it.

ask TTA when they fork out for a fine, if they think its funny.

Why on earth would i winge about not being able to get a drink? They wont stop selling them anyway, they`d merely take the measure of taking the tops off when served!

Anyway, I dont actually condone the missiles, my initial comments were slightly tongue in cheek! :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
Do I pay my money to be told to sit down? A question I thought of the other day.

No but by paying said money and entering said ground, you agree to the ground regulations, which includes sitting down.

I was wound up when he was gesticulting to the crowd but throwing bottles at him is just way out of order. Love to know what he was trying to say though. Think it may have been something to do with last weeks result, and lets face it, if anyone has 6 fingers one one hand its him..........

ive been to lots of games too, so ill say keep standing up. we are by no means the worst offenders, and we have plenty of space for those who want to sit down. we will not get a fine, unless the FA decide to victimise us.

thanks for reading.

Mind my naviety but I am guessing the Rochdale Road End is the end split between the two supporters???????????

If it is the case then I have to question your judgement in deciding to sit around the away fans as its as well known fact that home supporters vocal elements will be drawn towards the away fans in post situations..............Anyway Tranmere stood through out the game and so did most of the Oldham fans next to us I felt it made for a better atmosphere.

If stewards tryed to enforce "dated" rules yesterday then it would have got very nasty very quickly.