Ronnie in the chronicle

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...%E2%80%94-moore

It was inevitable that he'd give it back to us after the abuse he's got here over the last couple of seasons, but he is rubbing it in a bit. But has he got a point? They are above us and not only did they out fight us on Saturday, they also outplayed us. Most of the hoofing came from the Latics.

i think his actions on saturday and his continuous comments in papers regarding our affairs show what low life scumbags him and his son are. If it was anyone else ala shez or JR they would say 'ye oldham have changed managers, but whats gone on there has nothing to do with me, im focusing on tranmere and getting 3 pts'

But no.

The scouse pr1ck has to have his say, deluded and bitter as to why he was sacked and refusing to accept his style was uninspriring to the fans and the personal demeanour of himself in that it was always 'oldham' and never us or we, just another job to him. He talks about us living in the past - he isnt fit to lace JR's boots, or shez's for that matter, the football under shez has been far more enjoyable than the hoof tripe under him - he builds his team and fans hopes up every year believing that the hoof with rotherham will work elsewhere, he is a fool. 'Bas Savage is up there with the best strikers in this league' (record of 10 goals in 3 yrs) yes ronnie, sure he is.

His actions on saturday were way ott. Yes i can accept a few punches of the air to us and then going to his own fans but the '2-0' gesture, then the 'f off' signals and the cupping of ear is completely unprofessional.

It is very sad that a 60 yr old bloke has to resort to childish gestures and comments, when if he actually shut up and did his job people may have an ounce of respect for him, he obviously has a very insecure ego/mental state/self esteem and a big chip on his shoulder because someone made him redundant and a few hundred people didnt like what they paid £20 for every week.

Sad man indeed.

Seemed pretty pathetic his gesturing towards us in the main stand after the game but then again the last 4 times we have played tranmere and beaten them he has come in for some grief so in a way its only human nature that he wants to give it back and lets face it I still wouldn't want him managing us or his pretty average son playing for us and fully expect to see both of them again at BP next season in League 1.

Cut away the grief and snipeing does he have a point quite possibly yes their is a huge amount of expectation on joe's shoulders last week and he is inheriting a squad who's perfromances over the season have been deteriorating and has been asked to buck that trend on a limited time period. The problem really is that not so much that some Oldham fans live in the past but that they fail to understand that getting back to the kind of position we were in in the early 90's won't be done with a quick fix but will be done over the long haul and will require everyone pulling in the right direction.

How does that effect the fans well the year Man City were at this level they were averaging the same kind of crowds they were in the premiership as a result their stay at this level was short lived. Nottingham Forrest and Sheffield Wednesdays stay at this level was short lived for the same reasons Leicester are pretty much already up Leeds stay at this level is not likely to last more than 2 years either. Do you think we would still be in this division if we maintained our PL years support I don't think so we would have gone up years ago because of the increased income which would mean better players.

Now before anyone accuses me of being holier than thou yes their is a credit crunch and money is tight yes its blinking frustrating and their has been plenty of times when I have really felt like I can't be arsed with this but their is a reason for our Motto of keep the faith because if enough of us do their will be better times ahead in the future.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...%E2%80%94-moore

It was inevitable that he'd give it back to us after the abuse he's got here over the last couple of seasons, but he is rubbing it in a bit. But has he got a point? They are above us and not only did they out fight us on Saturday, they also outplayed us. Most of the hoofing came from the Latics.

in the end it wont get them anywhere as nobody in that top 6 now will forfeit their place, can you honestly see any of those 6 having a bad run. tranny will finish 7th.

Agree with what he says about the supporters not moving with the times.

What he says about the supporters is complete and utter nonsense, as I've pointed out on another thread. Thousands of people deserted BP after 1994. Those who came back during the Chris Moore days seem to have drifted away again, as home gates indicate, and they're taking with them a worrying number of the hardcore supporters. On these boards, meanwhile, people are increasingly arguing that the club has found its level, while ignoring that settling for the status quo invites only an inevitable further decline .

This is the exact opposite situation to the one that Ronnie claims exists. The trouble with him is that he's a typical lower division man, who's spent all his professional life in the bargain basement of football. He can't bear to think about smallish clubs like those he knows making it to the big time he's never experienced.

people need to chill out,let ronnie have his say and his 5 mins of glory over us,at the end of the day tranny will still be in league 1 come the end of may and ronnie will still be a grade a cock :grin:

correct , we will be playing them again next season. also as an interesting addition to the post above, according to the news of the world we are 14th of 24 clubs for support .

I'm not surprised Ronnie and Son had a pop; they've taken some grief and it had to turn the other way eventually. Yes, it's a disappointing kick in the niagaras for us, but we just have to thank the TTA for getting rid of RM when they did. I would hate to think a Latics manager would lower himself to Moore's standards (and that of his offspring). One point, though. Ronnie is quoted as saying we don't want successful managers and we've been that way for 15 years. Does that mean that he took the job with us knowing he wasn't a successful manager himself? "There's no doubt about that". :wink:

Edited by Bristolatic

also as an interesting addition to the post above, according to the news of the world we are 14th of 24 clubs for support .

And present trends indicate that we'll slip lower than that the longer we remain at this level and people indicate what they think about this by drifting away and staying away from BP.

I'm not surprised Ronnie and Son had a pop; they've taken some grief and it had to turn the other way eventually. Yes, it's a disappointing kick in the niagaras for us, but we just have to thank the TTA for getting rid of RM when they did. I would hate to think a Latics manager would lower himself to Moore's standards (and that of his offspring). One point, though. Ronnie is quoted as saying we don't want successful managers and we've been that way for 15 years. Does that mean that he took the job with us knowing he wasn't a successful manager himself? "There's no doubt about that". :wink:

Lee Hughes?

Double standards?

I think Ronnie is right in some ways.

Saturday was a big day for the club but as soon as I got in the ground I thought it was all very sad. Playing the radio commentry on the Sheff Weds game, people in their old kits etc. Joe didn't want it and I thought it was not needed and more than a bit lame and I think thats why the atmosphere died for the early part of the game. We should be focussing on the future not the early 1990's over the next 8 games.

However Ronnie said we were in the past before this game and as a rule I don't think we are. I think we expect to go up or be very close not because we have been in the prem before but because we can see how :censored: the teams in this league are and with a bit more nouse and bottle we'd be well on our way to promotion or already have been promoted. Thats why we get rid of managers who are almost men like Moore and Sheridan, almost got us up and are almost decent managers but they are not and they didn't.

All a bit sensible for me I know but I can't mention the ticket office woman's bristols in every post can I?

I think Ronnie is right in some ways.

Saturday was a big day for the club but as soon as I got in the ground I thought it was all very sad. Playing the radio commentry on the Sheff Weds game, people in their old kits etc. Joe didn't want it and I thought it was not needed and more than a bit lame and I think thats why the atmosphere died for the early part of the game. We should be focussing on the future not the early 1990's over the next 8 games.

However Ronnie said we were in the past before this game and as a rule I don't think we are. I think we expect to go up or be very close not because we have been in the prem before but because we can see how :censored: the teams in this league are and with a bit more nouse and bottle we'd be well on our way to promotion or already have been promoted. Thats why we get rid of managers who are almost men like Moore and Sheridan, almost got us up and are almost decent managers but they are not and they didn't.

All a bit sensible for me I know but I can't mention the ticket office woman's bristols in every post can I?

:unsure: :unsure: :shock: :shock:

I actually agree with you :huh: