Does Casper have another year on his contract?

I bloody hope not - to think that Macca got slated for being twice the player Whits is defies belief.

Whits better then Wellens? He isn't even better than Richies bootboy.

We need a midfield.

Derek.

Yes he has Derek

But ratboy and maher both out of contract

I bloody hope not - to think that Macca got slated for being twice the player Whits is defies belief.

We need a midfield.

Derek.

As anonymous as Whitaker has been, he played well when coming on last night and looked like the player who enjoyed the good run of form at the start of the season.

Has anybody run stats on results when Whitaker and Alessandra play in the same team?

The two work really well together.

This wasn't meant to be another plug for Lewis, but he seemed like the key component to our early season success, and Whitaker hasn't been half the player with LA out of the side.

No coincidence that things improved when they both came on last night?

Edited by opinions4u

We need a midfield.

Derek.

Totally agree Derek, out of the 2 i'd much prefer Macca to Whits.

Need a midfield.....i might give Joe a ring :wink:

I think Whitts has done well since Royle came back, thought he played really well against Tranmere before having to go off, the game seemed to change when he went off and the other night comes up with the equaliser.

I agree that Whitts can be anonymous in games but he scores his fair share of goals, perhaps we should employ him as a striker instead? Surely he'd do more damage than Kabba/Windass/Ormerod/Byfield/Davies/O'Grady have done so far!

Id have Macca over Whitts, Allott, or Maher anyday.

Y tho???? When was Macca really that good? He had a good start to his latics career got a few goals but then drifted away much like Whittaker has done this season.

Both are a bit soft and dont put many challenges in but will get goals going forward. Macca used to throw his dummy out eveytime someone takcled him from behind hed sit on the floor and winge at the ref while the oposition ran straight through us. Whittaker is better passer, can take a man on a can shoot with both feet hes not a brilliant player but he has his moments. Macca had the odd good game but unless he scored he didnt offer us that much

Its mad how one player can really drop in form this was a post I started a few months into the season

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16786&hl=

Shows when things were going well everyone was having a good game

Oh dear. Can I retract everything I've said here about Whittaker?

I think what I like about Danny is he can tackle as good as anyone. He worked hard to get the ball back for us whenever we lost possession so that's a great quality. In the few games we've seen him, he's a pretty decent 'all-rounder' as it were.

One thing you can't avoid when you look at it, is with a midfield of Whittaker and Allott, we possess a large amount of creativity. Even though the tempo was lower than usual for much of the game against Cheltenham we still carved out chance after chance with a busy engine room. It was very, very pleasing to see.

Tackling?? Did he only just do it for one game or something. Pfft.

Oh dear. Can I retract everything I've said here about Whittaker?

Tackling?? Did he only just do it for one game or something. Pfft.

The search function can bring up some embarassing things

I mean the Whits vs Wellens poll,,,,,, haha