Akinfenwa

Never going to be prolific similar to O grady who some people see as a poor striker as he doesnt score goals

I like him but dont see him as a replacement for Hughes

Except Akinfenwa has got 13 goals this season in a side just above the drop zone. Not sure how you can compare him to O'Grady.

I've never heard of him!

You probably werent at BP for one of the darkest days I have ever had as a latics fan... when we got beat by Torquay and Guy Branston decided to give Akinfenwa a "free pass to goal" for the entire game.

Akinfenwa is powerful, direct, a pain in the backside, but inconsistent and lazy. Dont't see too much difference to Kabba, and also i'm not going to bring up the "big, black, slightly lazy striker" issue with our fans... doesnt normally work does it? Even if they score goals...

...Oh, i just did :wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

well 6 games left to make the play offs and we get rid of our top goal scorer without replacing him !!

Probably having a negative effect on the dressing room i don't know , but if joe pulled this one off he would be in greater godly status at BP than he is already?

Iv suggested him on threads before...

Exactly what we need, a battering ram type striker! they have most of there 1st team out of contact in the summer, if he's one of them i'd be straight in there.

I think he's there penalty taker tho, so id be interested to see how many of his goals were penalties

Journeyman striker who flatters to deceive.

Yep, agree with you Coco. And given most of our fans have a near heart attack if a player won't run for a lost cause, they'll have a field day with Akinfenwa.

He may do for us, but we'd need goals coming from elsewhere in the team too.

Your right, lets stick with Lewis and Wolfy upfront and not bring anyone else in.

I never said to do that.

I merely commented on "the market we are in".

But there is something to be said for a strike duo mixing youth and experience.

Shame Shez missed the boat on that.

Another cobbler supporting mate had this to say:

"He’d get injured walking on the loose gravel surface surrounding your ground!

Latest injuries this week which he played though have been a Migraine (must have hurt going in for headers!) and a bout of Tonsilitis".