TTA - WRONG to Sack Sheridan?

this isnt his team and not his players,and not his coaching staff,he cant make a silk purse from a sows ear,the players are not good enough,and do not want to play full stop.we have seen this all season bar the first 7 games.

he will come in sort out the discipline get rid of the has beens and those just picking up a wage,command respect and wont stand anybody messing around or not putting the effort in.

give him a 12 month contract,give him a budget and let him pick his own coaching team,let him bring in his own players and do things his way,then if it doesnt work by all means have a go.....but after 3 games.....your avin a girraffe mate.

If the players aren't good enough to make the playoffs then why, when most of them have been here all season, has the club been in the top 6 for nigh on every week of the season?!

Joe's job was NOT to break the team and coaching staff up now! It was to work with what we have! This season was meant to be the end result of 3 years of building a team good enough to win promotion and Joe was brought in to complete the job. Mark my words, we won't get this close to getting promotion in the next 5 years without unforeseen financial investment.

After 3 years of waiting for a realistic promotion chance I'm not willing to be happy and wait another 12 months for a slim hope of going up, which is what it will be no matter who's in charge.

Joe might only be 3 games into his managerial reign, but in my eyes he is 1/3 of the way into his guarenteed time and given the objectives and the timescale he's been given, he's not impressed me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the players aren't good enough why the hell was Shez sacked? Surely he was doing a fantastic job keeping the team in the play-offs for virtually the entire season until his last couple of weeks.

Giving Joe a 12 month contract is pointless, IF he does a terrible job will TTA sack him or will they let him see yet another the season waste away?

Don't often agree with you Senor but you're bang on this time.

Oh my god...I can't believe I've become this pessimistic.

If the players aren't good enough to make the playoffs then why, when most of them have been here all season, has the club been in the top 6 for nigh on every week of the season?!

Joe's job was NOT to break the team and coaching staff up now! It was to work with what we have! This season was meant to be the end result of 3 years of building a team good enough to win promotion and Joe was brought in to complete the job. Mark my words, we won't get this close to getting promotion in the next 5 years without unforeseen financial investment.

After 3 years of waiting for a realistic promotion chance I'm not willing to be happy and wait another 12 months for a slim hope of going up, which is what it will be no matter who's in charge.

Joe might only be 3 games into his managerial reign, but in my eyes he is 1/3 of the way into his guarenteed time and given the objectives and the timescale he's been given, he's not impressed me.

So, it's Joe's fault ?

So, it's Joe's fault ?

No.

I think the job that he has been given is incredibly difficult and over the course of the season most of the players really should have performed at a higher level of consistency given the quality they have all shown at certain times.

But he knew (or should have known) the immediate expectations of TTA when he took the job and so far he has gone in the opposite direction.

Fact Off.

There isn't a single 'fact' in the lad's post.

'Joe's job was NOT to break the team and coaching staff up now! It was to work with what we have! This season was meant to be the end result of 3 years of building a team good enough to win promotion and Joe was brought in to complete the job.'

When Joe was brought in Simon Corney said it was to give us a push back towards the play off positions.

Thank You.

'Joe's job was NOT to break the team and coaching staff up now! It was to work with what we have! This season was meant to be the end result of 3 years of building a team good enough to win promotion and Joe was brought in to complete the job.'

When Joe was brought in Simon Corney said it was to give us a push back towards the play off positions.

Thank You.

No, thank you, Sir.

How has Joe broken the team ? He's changed it around, for sure...but what did we expect him to do...and Shez had been doing the same since Xmas.

How has Joe not tried to get us back into the Play-Offs ?

Thank You.

maybe he has now had time to see things for himself had a word with the owners and THEY have decided thats it,sort out the wheat from the chaff and get ready for next season.

things can change in football overnight.

joe shipped a couple of loanees back to make way for reinforcements,they didnt come on deadline day,so he has to work with what he has,im sure if he could of brought in a suitable replacement striker he would.

But he knew (or should have known) the immediate expectations of TTA when he took the job and so far he has gone in the opposite direction.

2 losses and a draw is not good...agreed.

Burt neither was the team form previous to him coming.

You're judging Joe on 3 games...we're judging Shez on 3 years.

In response to both questions: letting Lee Hughes go.

one player doesnt make a team

his contribution over the past 5 or 6 games hasnt exactly been prolific,and his doggy gate episode,plus the fact he is gone anyway in the summer

the team plays with less restriction when he isnt in it.

2 losses and a draw is not good...agreed.

Burt neither was the team form previous to him coming.

You're judging Joe on 3 games...we're judging Shez on 3 years.

Never said it was fair, but both have been given different timescales to complete their jobs so they both have to be treated differently.

EDIT: In response to the last 2 posts, I'm not getting into the Lee Hughes debates about whether we should have signed him in the 1st place or how the team has played recently with Hughes being one of the eleven on the pitch, because they've been done to death on other threads, but the facts are that he has scored 18 goals for us this season, which no other striker at the club has come anywhere near doing in a season where we are looking to win promotion. Letting any striker in that situation leave the club is not a high percentage decision.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Never said it was fair, but both have been given different timescales to complete their jobs so they both have to be treated differently.

so by that token then judge him when he has had his timescale then,and not after 3 games....9 games wasnt it??

Which team has he broken up? Hines and Budtz were loanees and they were not renewed.Golborne allegedly didn't want to stay.Fleming was injured.

Joe brought two players in to freshen things up. Hughes is the only player who was a controversial loan out and wasn't exactly ripping trees up.

If you are bemoaning our current lack of firepower then that is Sheridan's fault. (Ricketts,Davies,O'Grady,Byfield)

Which team has he broken up? Hines and Budtz were loanees and they were not renewed.Golborne allegedly didn't want to stay.Fleming was injured.

Joe brought two players in to freshen things up. Hughes is the only player who was a controversial loan out and wasn't exactly ripping trees up.

If you are bemoaning our current lack of firepower then that is Sheridan's fault. (Ricketts,Davies,O'Grady,Byfield)

If Hughes wasn't ripping trees up....then them 4 hadn't even planted a bloody seed!!! (apart from Davies - whom i thought was dealt with amateurish at best!)

Edited by futchers briefs

so by that token then judge him when he has had his timescale then,and not after 3 games....9 games wasnt it??

Fair enough, I'll wait for the next six games to make my decision. But if we don't make the playoffs my view won't change.

If Joe was brought in to build for next season then the blame from me shifts towards TTA for making a grossly illogical decision to bring him in. A decision that I believe could put a dent in his fantastic reputation that he has previously earnt.

This topic is going round and round - We have to move forward and I accept that after the Tranmere game Joe must have thought ' Bloody hell theres a lot more work needed than I imadgined'

Who is to say that he hasnt already had discussions with AH and SC and made it crystal what he believes the problems are ? Its allready been said that the club couldnt afford to keep Hughes anyway.

Look around where we are and tell me the viable options open to us...Dont freakin spout on after three games that JR isnt going to cut the mustard without giving me for one a decent available prospect for Manager - Jim from Stockport Or keith from Rochdale ? thats all Ive heard so far thats one team thats not going up from our divsion and another thats going to do the playoffs (And not ness win them) in Div 2 -- Great !!!!!!

As has been said, Joe has inherited a team from Sheridan who are simply not good enough and thats the end of it. Sure there are players that he may be able to use but there are several that are just not good enough for div 1 football let alone the championship.

So personally while I take on board some of the comment made I do belive that JR is given the task to build his own team - And his CV shows that he can bring in players that will work his way. I am not going to go off on some romantic rant and say we can all look forward to a couple of good cup runs and instant promotion next season but, JR has the credentials, the experience and the contacts to be able to take apart the damage that has been done and to create a team that will run out on Boundary park with the desire to win - Something that has been lacking for a long while

Sorry if Im well behind Mighty Bosh, but if you are not happy after 3 years and not prepaired to wait another year for promotion why dont you try supporting someone who will bounce up and down the leagues for the rest of time.

I have supported Oldham for 28 years now and have seen good bad and indifferent, so I say goodbye Joe Royle your job has been done, bring in someone who is not afraid of giving the youngsters there chance next year, and maybe we will get promotion with the kids, Hmmm Alan Hansen sometime in the 90s i belive