TTA - WRONG to Sack Sheridan?

Sacking Sheridan hasn't rescued our play-off chances.

Should they have waited until the summer, got rid of Hughes, Gregan, Liddell and Crossley (for starters), let SHERIDAN choose 4 players to replace them around the twenty-seven to thirty age and then given him until Christmas. Maybe get somebody like Joe Royle in above him to help and guide him.

Somebody texted GMR tonight and said "we need a young manger" - we had one... that didn't work, so we went for an old one and that hasn't worked. Sacking managers rarely solves a problem in situations like this.

(I can hear the criticism now).

They shouldn't have sacked Ronnie Moore, and they shouldn't have sacked Sheridan.

Edited by daz_oldham

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should they have waited until the summer, got rid of Hughes, Gregan, Liddell and Crossley (for starters), let SHERIDAN choose 4 players to replace them around the twenty-seven to thirty age and then given him until Christmas.

Somebody texted GMR tonight and said "we need a young manger" - we had one... that didn't work, so we went for an old one and that hasn't worked. Sacking managers rarely solves a problem in situations like this.

They shouldn't have sacked Ronnie Moore, and they shouldn't have sacked Sheridan.

Hindsights a wonderful thing, i wouldn't have sacked him at the time, but can fully understand why TTA did so.

Should they have waited until the summer, got rid of Hughes, Gregan, Liddell and Crossley (for starters), let SHERIDAN choose 4 players to replace them around the twenty-seven to thirty age and then given him until Christmas.

Joe has already started the clearout that is needed ready for a drastic rebuild/rethink. i was gutted for shez but I think the task was beyond him so I back the TTA decision

Don't disagree at all arnoid - but I just wonder how much interference with the first team there has been. Windass - that was very strange wasn't it - doesn't seem like Sheridan ever wanted him at the club.

If that's the case - did he deserve the sack?

I believe so, the time to make a change if it was needed was Jan, sacking him with nine games left was pointless and the gamble of having a 'new manager bounce' to get into the play-offs has backfired dramatically because the players haven't reacted to the change.

We will be forever grateful to TTA for saving us, but their gambles haven't worked for us.

Edited by Senor_Coconut

It was right to sack Sheridan. Joe's had three games to not only get back into the playoffs but also to undo the mess left by Sheridan. No manager is ever going to achieve that in three games.

Next season does start now with the youngsters being played and gaining valuable experience for next season.

Let's start looking forward to promotion next season, that's if we don't get it this year!!!

Told you so....

:ranting:

People where in cloud coko land with what was being said... Sack shez now and save our season... Told you all at the time how stupid it was too think that..

Still got the same 11 players on the field making the same mistakes...

I dont know if Shez could of turned it around... He should of been given the chance though... We will never know now unfortunantly...

Edited by oafc0000

We will be forever grateful to TTA for saving us, but their gambles haven't worked for us.

Total agreement with you...

Said a couple of days again... TTA ace at business decisions... Piss poor footballing decisions...

Should of been let go months ago or stuck with till end of the season, not with 9 games too go...

Edited by oafc0000

With what has gone on in recent weeks and months I seriously doubt Shez would have been given a new deal in the summer. Why would you give him until the end of the summer if you are going to get rid? The time to change is the time you know you won't be renewing his deal.

TTA made exactly the right decision, I doubt Shez would have got anymore out of these players than Royle has done.

Getting rid of Shez when we did gives the club a couple of months to sort themselves again ready for the new season.

TTA were correct in their decision to sack Shez.

With what has gone on in recent weeks and months I seriously doubt Shez would have been given a new deal in the summer. Why would you give him until the end of the summer if you are going to get rid? The time to change is the time you know you won't be renewing his deal.

TTA made exactly the right decision, I doubt Shez would have got anymore out of these players than Royle has done.

Getting rid of Shez when we did gives the club a couple of months to sort themselves again ready for the new season.

TTA were correct in their decision to sack Shez.

On what grounds where they right ?

From the point of view of saving this season ? Or from the point of view of building for next ?

By appointing someone who is only here for 9 games ?

They did it to try and save this season...which is complete madness!!!

Edited by oafc0000

Told you so....

:ranting:

People where in cloud coko land with what was being said... Sack shez now and save our season... Told you all at the time how stupid it was too think that..

Still got the same 11 players on the field making the same mistakes...

I dont know if Shez could of turned it around... He should of been given the chance though... We will never know now unfortunantly...

shez should have gone long before dog gate.results and performances have not been right since october,but people sat on there hands because we should the very odd flourish and beat a so called top team.

no motivation what so ever to beat the bread and butter teams,no discipline and no respect,players getting away with what they want and the like.

i said also i doubted very much that joe would get us where we want to be with 9 games left,he should of been given longer to turn it around.

what he has done is got rid of trouble makers and wastefull loans,and is instilling respect and motivation,the trouble is these are not his players,this is not his team.

shez has had the best part of 3 seasons to sort it out,and hasnt.

anybody can stand there after the fact and say i told you so....but what does it actually achieve,other than putting peoples backs up.

onward and upward,next season we should have a team of motivated hungry young players,rather than has beens and wage takers.

tta's have been very bold to do what they have,they dont deserve to be slagged off for it,at the end of the day we can decide were not paying 20 quid...they cant stop bailing us out though.

tta's have been very bold to do what they have,they dont deserve to be slagged off for it

Im sorry but thats bollox... They should be open to critisim the same way everyone else seems to be...

I said it was a massive mistake... I have now been proven right...

It wasnt bold.. It was stupid and unnesccary...

I am not going to hold back... I AM grateful for their management of the business side... First class...hat off... Footballing side has been handled poorly from the first day they took over... We shouldnt feel we cant say when they have done something wrong... As long as it constructive then they should accept it...

They need to start getting the appointments right... They can start by putting Joe in place and giving him five years.... Instead of chopping and changing...

Edited by oafc0000

On what grounds where they right ?

From the point of view of saving this season ? Or from the point of view of building for next ?

On the grounds for building for next season. TTA had lost confidence in Shez because of the incidents that have occured recently. If they hadn't then I'm sure Shez would still be in a job now and I'm sure we would probably be much higher in the league than we are now.

I'm not blinkered to how bad performances have been recently (although today we sounded pretty good) but if the incidents hadn't occured I think we'd be doing better than we are now.

It was definately time for Shez to go.

Im sorry but thats bollox... They should be open to critisim the same way everyone else seems to be...

I said it was a massive mistake... I have now been proven right...

It wasnt bold.. It was stupid and unnesccary...

well there you go.

i hope your slapping yourself on the back as we speak...got the numbers for tonight by any chance???

No disrespect meant to Shez, but after every poor preformance Shez came out in the media and stated that "next week I'l change things around drop players who need dropping" from my view the only player he ever dropped was Lomax after the Hereford match.

So T3A hae now changed Shez for Royle, wether Royle will stay beyond the end of the season I dont know, nor am I sure if I want him to stay and possibly scar his reputation at this club.

At least Royle has come in and had the balls to change things around.

The season is over for us now, so let Joe give the youngsters a chance in the last 7 games and seee what happens, if nothing else it might give them a bit of confidence for next season.

My own theory on why we have come up short again this season is that Shez brought too many journeymen strikers in on loan.

My own theory on why we have come up short again this season is that Shez brought too many journeymen strikers in on loan.

Agree to a point...

The board brought Hughes in and I suspect they brought in Windass as well... But I am not sure on the Windass.... All I do know is that both didnt seem to respect Shez...

Edited by oafc0000

The fact you think I am happy to be right just shows how silly you can be at times ed...

in which case then stop going on about how right you was...have a quiet chuckle to yourself,tell your mates in the pub or at work,told you it wouldnt work

i still think it was a bold decision and one which wasnt taken lightly.

i am under the impression that if shez had been given until the end of the season,we still wouldnt of gone up,we would have just missed out.

was it silly...maybe

but shez had been warned,told about not getting the best out of the team...and the longer it went on the more dissalusioned not only tta's,but the fans became,to the extent of fighting each other at mk dons

we may never fully know what happened at belle vue,or the immediate players involved,but it was one too many indiscretions,by a manager bereft of ideas as to why his players wouldnt play for him.a manager whos idea of preparing for a game was to stay in the hotel bar all night haveing the odd sherbert or 4,with his players,then we go and get thumped.

if tta's had kept him in charge till may,then got rid they would still get flak,for saying they should have done it in january.

whatever happens now,the team will be replaced,and if it isnt joe here next season then there will be a level field so to speak for any new manager.

that is why i believe it was the right decision to remove shez.

Joe has already started the clearout that is needed ready for a drastic rebuild/rethink. i was gutted for shez but I think the task was beyond him so I back the TTA decision

Why sack shez?? its not achived anything they should have waited nntil the end of the season. We had only just dropped out the playoffs he could of got us back in. Now all we have is yet another pointless season!!! They need 2 spend money n stop gettin loan players!!

Great so you threw in the towl with 9 games to go and one place out of the play offs ???

Dear lord...

By the way, they didnt do it for that reason...

No I didn't say that. Circumstances caused Shez to be sacked with 9 games to go. I don't believe that TTA had thrown in the towel and neither had I. You can read other posts from me recently stating that the season isn't over, we've so many games etc to pull some points back, going into the last game anything is possible.

If we had Shez in charge now we would be no better off IMO. After Belle Vue, after MK Dons Shez's position became untenable, the final straw. Shez wasn't going to get anymore out of the squad and he wasn't going to be offered another deal so why keep him in?

I agree the move to bring Royle in was the last throw of the dice to get into the playoffs but it was also with the future in mind.

If Windass, Belle Vue and MK didn't happen Shez would still be in a job now but they did and they affected the club in a huge way.

in which case then stop going on about how right you was...have a quiet chuckle to yourself,tell your mates in the pub or at work,told you it wouldnt work

WHy should I ? People saying it was still the right decision I think I should be allowed to point how it wasnt right and how when I said this a couple of weeks ago and got slammed for it...

i still think it was a bold decision and one which wasnt taken lightly.

In the end though it was the wrong decision wasnt it ? Surely ? The aim was to save the season not too rebuild!

i am under the impression that if shez had been given until the end of the season,we still wouldnt of gone up,we would have just missed out.

was it silly...maybe

At least you can see that....now..

if tta's had kept him in charge till may,then got rid they would still get flak,for saying they should have done it in january.

Well they might of got flak of people like you...not off me... Other to point out that it was a piss poor apointment in the first place... Again, something which people didnt see although I did say at the time...

whatever happens now,the team will be replaced,and if it isnt joe here next season then there will be a level field so to speak for any new manager.

that is why i believe it was the right decision to remove shez.

Awesome so you still think it was right even though it didnt work, all that has happened would of taken place in a couple of weeks time anyway and you addmitted it was probably a silly idea...

Im lost for words...

Edited by oafc0000