the most frustrating season ever

I think this season has turned out to be a bigger disappointment than 06/07 as the expectation levels and the amount of money spent on players have been higher. Added to the fact that the budget will probably be cut dramatically next year meaning that promotion will be much, much harder to achieve unless Wardle invests in us.

I think that most of the team need to look at this season and be very embarressed with their lack of professionalism

There are very few players who can look back on this season and say .. " I earned my money this season and put a full shift in week in week out "

I think this season has turned out to be a bigger disappointment than 06/07 as the expectation levels and the amount of money spent on players have been higher. Added to the fact that the budget will probably be cut dramatically next year meaning that promotion will be much, much harder to achieve unless Wardle invests in us.

I didnt expect much this season to be honest from the start. For me our signings lacked quality in the main.

The start to the season raised my hopes obviously but where we are now is about where I thought we'd finish this season... how we have pretty much imploded has been feckin frustrating though.

I think that most of the team need to look at this season and be very embarressed with their lack of professionalism

There are very few players who can look back on this season and say .. " I earned my money this season and put a full shift in week in week out "

Spot on Guys,which is why I will be thinking long and hard about renewing my Season ticket and more likely be picking my games for the first time in 35 years!

Spot on Guys,which is why I will be thinking long and hard about renewing my Season ticket and more likely be picking my games for the first time in 35 years!

I really cannot blame the players. I haved not seen a well organised team all season. I missed Leeds away so cannot comment on that display but at home, I have seem so called poor teams come to BP and be well organised good teams yet lose because of moments of brilliance from Hughes and Taylor.

Too many loan players, too many forwards, too many changes. We need a better manager and coach.

My concern is what will motivate me to buy a season ticket let alone go to matches next year. How many false dawns have we had?

I really cannot blame the players.

They can take their share of the blame. That set of players are good enough to win promotion.

I have not seen a well organised team all season.

Ultimately that's the reason for the manager change.

at home, I have seem so called poor teams come to BP and be well organised good teams yet lose because of moments of brilliance from Hughes and Taylor.

Moments of brilliance from Whitaker, Eardley, Alessandra, O'Grady, Maher, Allott also leap to mind. But they are just moments.

Too many loan players, too many forwards, too many changes. We need a better manager and coach.

More than happy with Joe Royle.

My concern is what will motivate me to buy a season ticket let alone go to matches next year. How many false dawns have we had?

Look at the difference in performance yesterday compared to the Tranmere game. That's a pretty solid foundation to build on. If Joe can deliver a consistency of performance like that there is everything to look forward to next season.

Edited by opinions4u

Correct. How easily people forget how we were all saying at the beginning of the season that this is the last chance saloon. 2006-7 turned out to be one of the most disappointing in the club's history, but when it started nobody ever dreamed we'd top the league by the turn of the year. The squad this season was, on paper at least, far stronger as a consequence of being more expensive, and was thus expected to do well.

It doesn't really matter to most of them. They get paid a far better than average wage whether they perform or not.

Spot on! After 58 years of supporting Latics I expect very little and therefore avoid disappointment. However this season I feel that the players, who proved that they were good enough to compete with the top teams in this league, have treated the supporters with contempt by their displays in the second half of the season.

I was talking to somebody yesterday at half-time who attends every home match. He said he had had to drag himself to the match without being able to muster any enthusiasm whatsoever, because of the way the players have let us down. I agreed entirely. I had to take my Mum to the hospital last Monday, and the nearest I could park was right at the bottom of Furtherwood Road near Clayton Playing Fields. As I walked past BP on the way up and down, instead of my usual pide I just felt disgust at what the Club has become this season through the actions of the players on and off the pitch and management failures.

I'll be renewing my season ticket of course, but I hope the Summer break makes me feel better about the Club than I do at the moment.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

Spot on! After 58 years of supporting Latics I expect very little and therefore avoid disappointment. However this season I feel that the players, who proved that they were good enough to compete with the top teams in this league, have treated the supporters with conrempt by their displays in the second half of the season.

I was talking to somebody yesterday at half-time who attends every home match. He said he had had to drag himself to the match without being able to muster any enthusiasm whatsoever, because of the way the players have let us down. I agreed entirely. I had to take my Mum to the hospital last Monday, and the nearest I could park was right at the bottom of Furtherwood Road near Clayton Playing Fields. As I walked past BP on the way up and down, instead of my usual pide I just felt disgust at what the Club has become this season through the actions of the players on and off the pitch and management failures.

I'll be renewing my season ticket of course, but I hope the Summer break makes me feel better about the Club than I do at the moment.

Kind of sums it all up really...

i fear we are becoming the rochdale of league one. doomed to spend 30+ years in the same crap division.

if rochdale come up this year, would we be the longest serving club in a solatory division in the football league? (discounting the prem, cos united etc cant go up and will never come down)

I think how we capitulated in the 06/07 season was more frustrating. But this season is up there.

Surely we've got to get it right soon enough!!

Why? When "fans" got Moore sacked, Shez had no expectations on him at all. And was blessed with a very good side. That season was a bonus...AND we made the playoffs. This season, we've blown 3yrs of stability, :censored:loads of cash over them 3yrs and miserably failed when built for a season for a real hard push...look at it! Torn to bits, ripped to shreads, not a cat in hells chance of even the playoffs.

When we've been :censored: and knew we'd fight relegation and maybe go down, we've known it'd be that way. When we've been mediocre or had a decent side but been unlucky with injuries, we've known it. This was meant to be top 6 at least, top 2 at most...everything built to point upwards over them 3yrs. But has become probably the most disappointing season I've ever had as a Latics fan! But I'll be back for a transitional season next season, with no expectations whatsover. Oh well.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Why? When "fans" got Moore sacked, Shez had no expectations on him at all. And was blessed with a very good side. That season was a bonus...AND we made the playoffs. This season, we've blown 3yrs of stability, :censored:loads of cash over them 3yrs and miserably failed when built for a season for a real hard push...look at it! Torn to bits, ripped to shreads, not a cat in hells chance of even the playoffs.

When we've been :censored: and knew we'd fight relegation and maybe go down, we've known it'd be that way. When we've been mediocre or had a decent side but been unlucky with injuries, we've known it. This was meant to be top 6 at least, top 2 at most...everything built to point upwards over them 3yrs. But has become probably the most disappointing season I've ever had as a Latics fan! But I'll be back for a transitional season next season, with no expectations whatsover. Oh well.

completely agree with every word

I was talking to somebody yesterday at half-time who attends every home match. He said he had had to drag himself to the match without being able to muster any enthusiasm whatsoever,

i was exactly the same.

if we were losing at half time I was planning on watching the National in the White Hart.

as it happened, I quite enjoyed the game until they scored their second.

i was exactly the same.

if we were losing at half time I was planning on watching the National in the White Hart.

as it happened, I quite enjoyed the game until they scored their second.

Keeping the Faith only until we go behind is a philosophy I find impossible to understand.

completely agree with every word

So do I.

I, too, will be back next season, no doubt, but what worries me are the hundreds who will undoubtedly not be back, either on a regular basis or at all. They are set to join the hundreds who've already voted with their feet.

Too many false dawns have done for this club as a serious force even at this dire level.