Big Joe taps up Taggart

im sure one way or another next seasons team will benefit from joe sorting out the discipline and getting rid of the billy big balls and has beens.

Agreed.. He certainly has started that process... Just remains to be seen if he has any scope to replace these players with quality...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.. He certainly has started that process... Just remains to be seen if he has any scope to replace these players with quality...

i think he will have,lets be honest,the loans have gone,so those wages are freed up,and im certain other players will leave,liddell gone and hughes,they were prob good earners.

depends on where he thinks he can get players from,and if he can use his good friends in the game as i am sure he is still held in high regard by many.

its all going to depend on what is a realistic budget....we know sales will be down,so dependant on wardle jumping in with his cash depends who and how many we can get.

...its all going to depend on what is a realistic budget....we know sales will be down,so dependant on wardle jumping in with his cash depends who and how many we can get.

I think the Wardle (Joe's mate) factor may be what determines whether Joe takes on the challenge.

I know in his day Goram was a fantastic player for us, all I remember with my own eyes was Oldham 1 Cardiff 7.

Despite that Goram is still and always will be a legend.

Oddly enough I remember when he was fantastic for us, and wasn't at the Cardiff game, but I wouldn't piss on Goram if he was on fire.

I wouldn't have gone for Joe if you'd asked me before, on the basis that it's usually best not to look back, but now I am thinking more of the fact that he is a very good football manager, regardless of his history and place in ourlegends.

I wouldn't have gone for Joe if you'd asked me before, on the basis that it's usually best not to look back, but now I am thinking more of the fact that he is a very good football manager, regardless of his history and place in our legends.

Precisely LL, its about the here, now and the future.

Not just idiots mate, the younger generation who didnt see Goram before in his first stint will, and quite rightly so, judge him on what they saw in front of them. Just as older ones can judge him on his original performances as they were there to see them.

The same should go for Royle. Of course he is and always will be a legend to those around in his first tenure, but for the those not around for the pinch me seasons should surely be allowed to form opinions based on what they see in front of them and not misty eyed nostalgia? Why should the teenagers going today not base their opinions on what Royle delivers now, not what he has done in the past. It is just as much their club and they are intitled to their opinion just as much as anyone else, it doesnt matter if they were there in the glory days. Thats why I think it could be a good idea for Royle to leave at the end of the season, reputation still intact.

thankyou