Big Joe taps up Taggart

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily - he can use whatever info Taggart gives him in any future managerial role.

I think it's fair to say that Joe Royle's actions since the Tranmere defeat look like the actions of a man planning for next season.

If I was a betting man, I'd say he will be manager of Oldham Athletic next season.

The key will be season end.

He may get other (better?) offers.

He may fall out with the owners (TTA, Wardle or whoever).

He may just be doing the "professional" thing and setting the club up for the next man.

But I think his intention is to stay. And I think the club will be better for it.

Any chance of a reject Sir mate?

That Italian lad who scored the other day would be a good call for a season on loan! :D

Edited by opinions4u

Who do you think should do the job then?

I have no idea O4U.

As I pointed out in the Lids going thread, I would hate for Joe to be remembered as a failure as Goram is. He was a great manager for us, but sadly I feel his time has gone. Next season would cast a horribly gloomy shadow over his time at BP if he stayed on I feel.

New blood - totally unconnected with the club would be the way forward for me.

Derek.

Only idiots remember Goram as a failure. The same would be for Joe.

Exactly, Andy Goram wasnt a failure just because of the Cardiff game and Big Joe will NEVER be a failure no matter were we finish next season

I'd have agreed with that before Joe came back.

But I get the feel that he is shaking it about exactly as is required.

Results will follow.

What if results don't follow Joe's shaking this season and we finish below Walsall or even Bristol Rovers? Would he be the man to be in charge next season?

With the season effectively over you think if Joe was to stay he would be sorting out a new contract to be the manager next season. He could still be getting rid of players who won't be of any use next season so when the new manager comes in he has room to manouver and bring his own players in.

Only idiots remember Goram as a failure. The same would be for Joe.

It's generational Garcon.

I could sit and have a conversation with you about AG and recall shadows leaping toward the intersection of the bar and post to push a seemingly impossible to save shot around the post with almost feline agility; then harp on and on about penalty saving prowess and a thirty year old or less 'Tic would wonder what the hell we are talking about.

They remember a big fat buffoon - and you know what, we do too. The most recent memories are the ones that stick more immediately.

The same will go for Joe, having said that - he stayed a good year and a half than he should have in my mind anyway. The clouds have been with me a long bloody time.

Derek.

It's generational Garcon.

I could sit and have a conversation with you about AG and recall shadows leaping toward the intersection of the bar and post to push a seemingly impossible to save shot around the post with almost feline agility; then harp on and on about penalty saving prowess and a thirty year old or less 'Tic would wonder what the hell we are talking about.

They remember a big fat buffoon - and you know what, we do too. The most recent memories are the ones that stick more immediately.

The same will go for Joe, having said that - he stayed a good year and a half than he should have in my mind anyway. The clouds have been with me a long bloody time.

Derek.

TRIPE

I remember Andy Goram as the class goalkeeper that he was for us. 1 games doen't take any of that away in my opinion

The same will be said for Joe if he stays. He will still laways have a special place in any Latics fans heart

Next season would cast a horribly gloomy shadow over his time at BP if he stayed on I feel.

Derek.

OR

Next season could be the second coming. Joe took us to Wembley, took us out of the 1st Division (in old money) as Champions. So perhaps a glorious hat trick and swansong could be his in extracting us from this bloomin' awful division next season?

Depends on yer point of view I suppose if you look for gloom you'll find it!

OR

Next season could be the second coming. Joe took us to Wembley, took us out of the 1st Division (in old money) as Champions. So perhaps a glorious hat trick and swansong could be his in extracting us from this bloomin' awful division next season?

Depends on yer point of view I suppose if you look for gloom you'll find it!

Agree. Alot think he's doomed to failure, when in fact he's got just a good a chance of being a success. He's still an excellent manager from what ive seen up to now, and only time will tell. It's gonna be interesting.

I remember Andy Goram as the class goalkeeper that he was for us. 1 games doen't take any of that away in my opinion

The same will be said for Joe if he stays. He will still laways have a special place in any Latics fans heart

Yes, I grasp this concept.

There is a different generation of fans now though.

Let me give you an example of the point that I am trying to put across.

I could sit in a pub, with say Royton Blue Lad, have a few beers and start talking Latics.

I start talking for hours and hours about Goram, how wonderful he was, what an agile keeper he was, that I went on the train with his Dad to Hibs and Hearts for his first Edinburgh derby and he was just stunning in that game.

Chris turns around and says he was a fat :censored: that shipped seven against Cardiff. Can I deny this fact? No.

He believes what he saw himself, with his own eyes - rather than words about times long past when he wasn't there.

Hypothetical conversation mate.

The same will go for Joe - thousands of our faithful don't remember the last time. There is little sentiment there for him other than what they have read.

Should he stay, the future will be Joe's legacy.

Derek.