Why Do Latics ...

Try and be a big club and get all these ex premiership stars in ( who are quite frankly a pile of :censored: )

Looking at the successful clubs in our league, they have got strikers from the non-league or through their youth teams & it seems to always work.

Peterborough spent a fortune on Conference players and Leeds bought Beckford from non-league. Who else?

Edited by jsslatic

And who are all of these ex-premiership stars we've got?

Crossley, Gregan, Hughes, Lidds, Windass, Omerod, Kabba, Lee all played for us this season and played in Premier

Although I wouldnt call them stars

Edited by NIKI1234

Crossley, Gregan, Hughes, Lidds, Windass, Omerod, Kabba, Lee all played for us this season and played in Premier

Although I wouldnt call them stars

been a while since greegs n liddell n kabba have played in the premiership.

how many games did lee play in the premier league????

been a while since greegs n liddell n kabba have played in the premiership.

how many games did lee play in the premier league????

Its been a while since any of them played apart from Windass, not entirely sure about Lee it might have just been cup games he has played come to think of it...

Edit - just checked and found this on "He finally made his Premier League debut against Chelsea on 9 May 2007" So there you have it we had 8 premier league stars playing for us this season

Edited by NIKI1234

rumour has it he will play before end of season,probably so joe can have a good look

personally speaking i would have thrown him on-on sat'day, working on the theory that he'd know that taggart was watching and he'd want to prove a point after being shipped out of 'that' place!!

Got to say, there's something the original poster hasn't mentioned which would add weight to the point. That desire to achieve...one thing that's really got my back up about our "experienced" lot Shez brought in and just the general feel is "who really wants it"...who isn't thinking "been there, done that, happy here" eg. Gregan, Lids etc. or thinking about their future being more bleak by going up as they might be shipped out for players who've played at that level eg. Allott.

One things for sure, yeah...ok...those being gambled on might not be good enough from the lower leagues, but it's worth a shot especially as the desire to achieve would be one ingredient that's been sorely missed recently IMO. I'd love another Bob Dowie out there to find the next Fitz Hall and I think it's something we should definitely be considering. A few less expensive gambles, than quite expensive which has got us little return in recent years.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Got to say, there's something the original poster hasn't mentioned which would add weight to the point. That desire to achieve...one thing that's really got my back up about our "experienced" lot Shez brought in and just the general feel is "who really wants it"...who isn't thinking "been there, done that, happy here" eg. Gregan, Lids etc. or thinking about their future being more bleak by going up as they might be shipped out for players who've played at that level eg. Allott.

One things for sure, yeah...ok...those being gambled on might not be good enough from the lower leagues, but it's worth a shot especially as the desire to achieve would be one ingredient that's been sorely missed recently IMO. I'd love another Bob Dowie out there to find the next Fitz Hall and I think it's something we should definitely be considering. A few less expensive gambles, than quite expensive which has got us little return in recent years.

Agree with what your saying BB80.

People like Gregan have witnessed it all before and woud certainly be released if we were to go up. I think it is defenatley time to turn to the younger lads like Taylor and Lee who have a desire to play in higher leagues, they're not going to get any better sitting on the bench!