It says alot about Lewis Allesandra...

...that he was overlooked today by 2 strikers one whom I'm staggered has been making a career at a higher level than league 1 for a number of years (Kabba) and another who will never be good enough (Wolfy). Not to mention the crap players who have been loaned in to get fit over the course of the season the lad isn't making the most of his talent me thinks.

Edited by GlossopLatic

...that he was overlooked today by 2 strikers one whom I'm staggered has been making a career at a higher level than league 1 for a number of years (Kabba) and another who will never be good enough (Wolfy). Not to mention the crap players who have been loaned in to get fit over the course of the season the lad isn't making the most of his talent me thinks.

does he look any worse than Adebola did when he was here to regain fitness???

he's not done bad since.

Agree. Lewis Alessandra over Kabba or Wolfy. His footwork, turning and space finding is far superior, he's been overlooked all to often this season. Imo todays changes unsettled and wasn't the best changes to make.

Agree. Lewis Alessandra over Kabba or Wolfy. His footwork, turning and space finding is far superior, he's been overlooked all to often this season. Imo todays changes unsettled and wasn't the best changes to make.

I know he's fairly well rated by the punters on here, and he certainly looks a better bet than Wolfenden. However Shez picked him for a bit, then stopped, and Royle hasn't gone for him unless Kabba has been out. So is there a problem somewhere?

I know he's fairly well rated by the punters on here, and he certainly looks a better bet than Wolfenden. However Shez picked him for a bit, then stopped, and Royle hasn't gone for him unless Kabba has been out. So is there a problem somewhere?

Maybe? would like to know what. He's not in the front of Royals mind for a reason. He has the ability and the quallitys of a good striker, even when i've seen him havin a bad game his effort is 110%

Royle is working out how good the squad players are, whether or not we would want to sign Kabba permanantly etc.

He's had a look at LA (2 years left on a contract) and is now pondering the alternatives.

First time under Royle the side has scored without LA on the pitch at the time.

His build and strength is def not his strong point and far from a solution to our problems, He was the best bet imo. We can only pee outa the hole we got.

Allesandra looks like the type of striker who could bag 20 or more a season if he gets his 'eye in' and gets on a roll...he's got bags of skill, a great touch and good movement. It's just when he's been given the chance he's normally not exactly been pulling up trees.

I hope we don't give up on him because he certainly looks like he could turn out to be a great striker.

A good pre-season would do him the world of good...grab a few goals in the pre-season friendlies and the hit ground running next season.

It would be interesting to know how well he's done in the reserve games this season...perhaps that's part of the problem with the fringe players like Lewis - not getting a run out often enough due to lack of reserve team games.

Allesandra looks like the type of striker who could bag 20 or more a season if he gets his 'eye in' and gets on a roll...he's got bags of skill, a great touch and good movement. It's just when he's been given the chance he's normally not exactly been pulling up trees.

I hope we don't give up on him because he certainly looks like he could turn out to be a great striker.

A good pre-season would do him the world of good...grab a few goals in the pre-season friendlies and the hit ground running next season.

It would be interesting to know how well he's done in the reserve games this season...perhaps that's part of the problem with the fringe players like Lewis - not getting a run out often enough due to lack of reserve team games.

Completely agree. I agree there may be something wrong though...attitude, training etc.

he started the season pretty well,link up play with hughes was good etc etc,but he hasnt been scoring enough goals,yes he got a hatrick....but not really done enough to warrant a place on the team.

the no reserve team has well and truly messed things up,if players get out of form they go in the reserves to build up again and get confidence back,hopefully next season that will be put back to how it should be,and i fully expect lewis n a few others to feature more prominantly there rather than the first team.

think there will be a clear out withothers coming in,and our youngsters put back so to speak,other than smally coming in and doing well until injured,there hasnt been a lot of improvement really.

i think the reason steven kabba hasnt played well for latics is cause of the lack of service he is given from centre midfield

For me, Kabba just seems a completely pointless player. He's never been prolific, he isn't a target man, he doesn't hold the ball up, he isn't a playmaker, and he isn't even a grafter. I'm seriously struggling to think of any positive attributes...

he started the season pretty well,link up play with hughes was good etc etc,but he hasnt been scoring enough goals,yes he got a hatrick....but not really done enough to warrant a place on the team.

the no reserve team has well and truly messed things up,if players get out of form they go in the reserves to build up again and get confidence back,hopefully next season that will be put back to how it should be,and i fully expect lewis n a few others to feature more prominantly there rather than the first team.

think there will be a clear out withothers coming in,and our youngsters put back so to speak,other than smally coming in and doing well until injured,there hasnt been a lot of improvement really.

After today i'm actually worried we may have given up on Alessandra, I mean seriously - Wolfy (and Kabba for that matter) on ahead of him?! Maybe there is an attitude problem and Joe is just making it clear that he has to put the effort in in training to make it on the pitch. Of Smalley, Wolfy and Alessandra, LA has by far the most potential.

Deano will only go so far in my opinion because he seems to lack a football brain at times. His pace will make him a nuisance to defenders for a long time though and I think he may end up playing in the Championship at some point when he matures. Wolfy, will he make it? It's hard to say, when he came on alongside Ricketts a few times a couple of seasons back I though he looked like a real goalscorer, nothing too fancy but gets in the right positions and a decent little finisher. We've seen little of that over that past season or 2 though, partly through lack of opportunities and partly through us not really having anyone who could compliment him. His size will always be a problem in this division but then again Leon Knight scored for fun for Brighton, Wolfy needs the right partner and toughening up. LA as a say has by far the most potential, he could be a very good championship standard player if he put the effort in, maybe even better, who knows. What we can say already though is that he probably has the best touch at the club and decent football brain as well. Finishing doesn't look bad and if he gets the right service he can be a real thorn in the side to defences by holding it up and bringing the midfield into play (which is what got us off to such a great start this season). I'm worried that we aren't giving him all the game time we can now the season is out of the window. Stick him up there with Smalley and see how they link, between the two of them they tore Carlisle apart last season at BP.

He made one more start after the hat-trick. Then in came the loan players. I don't think Joe has played him as the link man in behind the main striker yet.

When has he really had the chance to "do enough"?

Although he's only started twice for Royle, yesterday was the first time the side put the ball in the net for Joe Royle without Lewis Alessandra being on the pitch. Of the three Royle games I've seen at BP, the best performance came ... when LA played. When he's been selected by Sheridan, our points per game and goals per game has always been higher than when he hasn't started.

Kabba is dire. Absolutely shocking. I just hope next season doesn't follow the same trend. Rather have kids than past-it journeymen.

E4e

MONEY

Created a great chance for Tayloor at Carlisle. Created another on Saturday when he won the ball on the left, put in good cross, Lee flicked on and Smalley, who should have been anticipating ("Think goals") was on his heels and made a dive for it that was too late.

Created a great chance for Tayloor at Carlisle. Created another on Saturday when he won the ball on the left, put in good cross, Lee flicked on and Smalley, who should have been anticipating ("Think goals") was on his heels and made a dive for it that was too late.

Guess it's me expecting too much...like goals...from a Championship striker.

E4e

BANJO

There is no way I would be picking Kabba over Lewis as striker,cant believe we have consistently picked ageing journeymen strikers over one of our own with real potential.Young players are inconsistent but you have to stick with them,fully believe we would still be in with a chance of playoffs if Shez had stuck with Lewis and Hughes as our front two.Guess there must be something with his attitude etc,although there are one or two of our other players who have had there own problems and are still picked often enough.Roll on next season,I will still be back in August full of optimism.