Whats needed at Latics and whats not ?

JR has recently been referred to as a hatchet man by getting rid of some deadwood at Latics!

What else is needed at the club next season?

Is it a new squad?

Club Captain?

New Pies?

New Manager?

New LB and Striker ?

All these are things we have tried to get over the last few years for the start of the season.

I was thinking about Latics and how it is run different to other clubs and one thing jumped out at me other than the lack of exposure of the club in the local community.

Why do we have a Managing Director and a Chief Executive?

Looking at 3 other clubs all of different sizes which to me are ALL bigger club than latics not one as both !

Board make up of the club

Board make up of the club

A similar club to Latics

We need a new stand with better facilities, my hope was Wardle would come in, build the new stand with a hotel, gym, hospitality facilities and maybe a new JD Sports HQ and retail shop and become a member of the clubs board for the investment.

The ticketing system at latics seems also to suffer when there is a big game on, the office cant cope with hudreds of people wanting tickets etc the club shop cant cope with more than 20 people in but still 5 staff work there !

So for next season maybe the club should be branded better, tickets should be abled to be booked better over the phone and the club shop moved to one of the sponsor boxes that is hardly used and the current shop could be better used ?

Its been discussed already about what players need to be kept from the current squad? For me it is only a few:

Fleming

Taylor

Alexandra

Maher

Whittaker

Stam

Smalley

The rest we can do without, too inconsistant for a promotion chasing team.

As for the manager ! Royle is the perfect man if HE wants the challange, can he work once again with a small budget, does he have the fight for it ? If the answer is yes - Sign him up to a 2 year deal

Guest Only One Jimmy Fryatt

Maybe the manager can sign some players this summer?

Kieran Lee

Dale Stephens

Michael Ricketts....

Edited by Only One Jimmy Fryatt

Its been discussed already about what players need to be kept from the current squad? For me it is only a few:

Fleming

Taylor

Alessandra

Maher

Whittaker

Stam

Smalley

Whitaker but not Eardley? Eh?! No Kieran Lee either? Not to mention the likes of Stephens and O'Grady who haven't been given a chance. We should at least see these guys in action for a sustained run of games to see whether they're capable or not.

we need a first team of 14 players willing to run themself into the ground for 90+mins,play with hunger desire and passion,are not affraid to get stuck in and help fellow players out,to not go hiding when the going gets tough or they know its only x weeks to 4 weeks in the sun cashing in on the clubs money.

we need adequate back up players wiling to do the same as the first teamers

we need decent crowds back to bp fully supportive of what the team and manager are trying to achieve.

we need a first team of 14 players willing to run themself into the ground for 90+mins,play with hunger desire and passion,are not affraid to get stuck in and help fellow players out,to not go hiding when the going gets tough or they know its only x weeks to 4 weeks in the sun cashing in on the clubs money.

we need adequate back up players wiling to do the same as the first teamers

we need decent crowds back to bp fully supportive of what the team and manager are trying to achieve.

In short, we need a miracle.

we need a new central midfield urgently, Whittaker and Allot just isnt working

I think we should learn to spell our players' names correctly too!!

Signing Danny Jones is a must - just so that we can do this.

Crossleigh, Urdley, Hazel and Greagan must go.

Dean Smalley should go. Liddle has already gone.

Tailor might be in danger and Mayer must leave.

Like you say, Whittaker and Allot - please go.

Allessandra must be kicked out for having a name difficult to spell, and strike partner Woooolfendon is a non-starter for me.

Leigh and Stevens - never see them, so get rid. Lomacks isn't up to it and Flemming rarely plays either.

Edited by opinions4u

Whitaker but not Eardley? Eh?! No Kieran Lee either? Not to mention the likes of Stephens and O'Grady who haven't been given a chance. We should at least see these guys in action for a sustained run of games to see whether they're capable or not.

agree Lee, O'Grady and stephens should be given a season in the team.

Eardley for me can go in the Summer anything 250k + rip there bloody hands off

As for the manager ! Royle is the perfect man if HE wants the challange, can he work once again with a small budget, does he have the fight for it ? If the answer is yes - Sign him up to a 2 year deal

There's nothing I'd like better than for Joe to stay and turn things around but this club is only going one way. And, playing devils advocate here, which bit of 3 points from 21 makes you so sure Joe is the perfect man for the job?

E4e

DWLWLDDWDLWDLLLDLLDDL

O'Grady has been at 4 clubs this season and scored just one goal, face it. He's a turkey.

There's nothing I'd like better than for Joe to stay and turn things around but this club is only going one way. And, playing devils advocate here, which bit of 3 points from 21 makes you so sure Joe is the perfect man for the job?

E4e

DWLWLDDWDLWDLLLDLLDDL

Assumption.

Some Stockport fans agree with you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A50091040

Even more here:

http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard...1240067827.html

Yeah, he's crap.

He's a poor man's Chris Hall. Yes, that's how bad he is.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

In short, we need a miracle.

Can we not order one off ebay??? - seriously, its all true, the fight has gone...we can't find a tackle unless its in our own penalty box, midfield???? - has been absent for awhile andd some of our players went colour blind on Monday and forgot what colour shirt we were playing in...oh yes....the joys of being a latic fanatic...