Key Worker housing at BP site closer

We, as in the club, should be kicking the local councils door down right now. An 8million pound project in the area would be a giant economic boost and if we can't convince them to support it now, financially/structurally then we never will!!

We, as in the club, should be kicking the local councils door down right now. An 8million pound project in the area would be a giant economic boost and if we can't convince them to support it now, financially/structurally then we never will!!

....but what about all the traffic...can hear it now the plebs...

Good to hear some movement...

If and when this gets going I hope someone is making sure this money goes back into the club etc...*cough* Barry

Edited by oafc0000

If and when this gets going I hope someone is making sure this money goes back into the club etc...*cough* Barry

The club are aware of the interest, the stadium and land plans have never stopped they have just mellowing in the background for the right time.

Barry will rang me earlier today to ask for an update of the fans feelings on the past week since he has been away, his mother unfortunately Died last night so knowing Barry he will be about in the next couple of days when he his back home to answer anything he can.

This council of ours that's missing about £17M and looking to contract out low paid jobs?

They're a frigging shambles. Little chance of them backing anything financially. I could go on but I'd be fired :wink:

Are those the workers that drive 2 cars at a time and all set off to work at the same time going in the same direction ?

Looking back on what was said in that meeting i'm bloody surprised some of the people there managed to dress themselves never mind actually get there!

Barry will rang me earlier today to ask for an update of the fans feelings on the past week since he has been away, his mother unfortunately Died last night so knowing Barry he will be about in the next couple of days when he his back home to answer anything he can.

Pass on all our commiserations to Barry at this time of sadness!!!

80-100 key worker houses. But out of 650. So realtively small.

The quote of the advertise is

But there is now provision for approximately 600-650 new dwellings - a mix of one and two-bed apartments and three-bed town houses - plus 80-100 key worker units on the 21-acre site.

I vaguely recall it beig 770 and reduced, but it might be the 650 aboe and reduced.

I do also vaguely recall that Simon Corney might (understandably) have got a bit hot under the collar and hacked the Council off at one point, but hope that was all sorted and they are not freezing him out now.

80-100 key worker houses. But out of 650. So realtively small.

The quote of the advertise is

But there is now provision for approximately 600-650 new dwellings - a mix of one and two-bed apartments and three-bed town houses - plus 80-100 key worker units on the 21-acre site.

I vaguely recall it beig 770 and reduced, but it might be the 650 aboe and reduced.

I do also vaguely recall that Simon Corney might (understandably) have got a bit hot under the collar and hacked the Council off at one point, but hope that was all sorted and they are not freezing him out now.

i thought in the original plan that the council didnt want the key worker houses or the office space being made available to them and the hospital.

i know they then changed it to simply flats or apartments,then changed it again to houses.

the traffic wouldnt be a problem as its already been accepted in principle for a lot more.

hope it does come off and the money is then there for the first phase new stand,as thats the key one that will pay the way for the club to become self sufficient.

This council of ours that's missing about £17M and looking to contract out low paid jobs?

They're a frigging shambles. Little chance of them backing anything financially. I could go on but I'd be fired :wink:

That would be the £17M that was p*ssed up the wall by the previous lot... :wink:

The club are aware of the interest, the stadium and land plans have never stopped they have just mellowing in the background for the right time.

My deepiest condolences to Barry and his family at this difficult time...

Edited by oafc0000

i thought in the original plan that the council didnt want the key worker houses or the office space being made available to them and the hospital.

i know they then changed it to simply flats or apartments,then changed it again to houses.

the traffic wouldnt be a problem as its already been accepted in principle for a lot more.

hope it does come off and the money is then there for the first phase new stand,as thats the key one that will pay the way for the club to become self sufficient.

At the time of the first submission of the application, councils were being heavily leant upon to allow a certain level of Key Worker Housing (or giving cheap houses to civil servants to the detriment of everyone else, as I like to think of them), as well as brown field development in general. It says a lot about how resistant certain powers in the council were to the application that it wasn't waved through on the nod, it ticked so many boxes. Now the Key Worker people could pick and choose from loads of sites in a depressed market, or just take over unwanted blocks that developers are unable to complete or fill. However you look at it, those councillors :censored:ed us royally up the arse.

The Chancellor has also just announced in the budget £500M to get stalled housing projects going......... maybe another lifeline for the project at BP.

I'm not sure if it could be classed as being stalled as we haven't made any deal to sell the land as yet. I think this money is more likely to be used for housing that is in the midst of being built. However, if it does help the housing market pick up, it should make a deal more likely in the near(er) future.

The Chancellor has also just announced in the budget £500M to get stalled housing projects going......... maybe another lifeline for the project at BP.

Thats what I was suggesting up the top. It was clear to see that the Gov. would have to invest in projects like this and TTA or whoever is running with this needs to be kicking their door down to get some of this cash. It's a multi-benefitial project. Not only does the housing help on that front but it benefits the club and as a result the community. Stick in some deal to invest a % on community based projects/space in the development and get a chunk of this cash to see us through a difficult time.

QUOTE (ghostofcecere @ Apr 22 2009, 13:37 PM)

Thats what I was suggesting up the top. It was clear to see that the Gov. would have to invest in projects like this and TTA or whoever is running with this needs to be kicking their door down to get some of this cash. It's a multi-benefitial project. Not only does the housing help on that front but it benefits the club and as a result the community. Stick in some deal to invest a % on community based projects/space in the development and get a chunk of this cash to see us through a difficult time.

MAybe it is time for a mass OWTB campaign to get the Govt, councillors, local MP's to listen?

Any thoughts how, another march maybe?

Pissing into the wind, and thank god. Even though it hurts our plans as Latics, the very last thing we need is for the Government to take people's hard earned money off them to give to home-owners (the bottom line of supporting the housing market) at the expense of people who don't own homes.