If people think things are so bad here

From talking with a mate at work who follows County they have people ready in waiting to buy the club but they are trying to avoid picking up the £500k debt the club have.

By going into administration the buyers wouldn't have to pick up as much of the debt and be able to plough more money into the club. Think that's the main issue at County at the moment.

As in this shows how much worse it could be

Whether this might be us in a few years time, who knows, but we aint there yet

Personally, I fail to find much comfort in the fact that we are not in the position of a club currently, it seems, about to go out of business when they are, I would say, only the first of several over coming years.

Professional football at this level has had it long-term. We should find no solace in other clubs cutting budgets when all that will result is a widening of the gap between this division and the one above, cutting clubs without wealthy benefactors off from the second tier forever, destroying interest for all but the hardest of the hardcore (something that we seem to be getting in early with), and plunging clubs deeper into the mire.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Who cares about other clubs. This season has been the biggest anti-climax i have felt in football. We are back to square one.

People who say 'at least we have a team' get on my nerves. I don't want to spend another 5 years in league one.

Edited by MaskedOwl

By going into administration the buyers wouldn't have to pick up as much of the debt and be able to plough more money into the club. Think that's the main issue at County at the moment.

But haven't County be in administration once, I thought if you did it twice the points deduction was evern worse?

But haven't County be in administration once, I thought if you did it twice the points deduction was evern worse?

That's possibly why they haven't gone into admin yet, weighing up all the options.

Dunno if it matters or not but I don't believe they have been in admin while the points deduction rules came into effect. I could be wrong though.

Who cares about other clubs. This season has been the biggest anti-climax i have felt in football. We are back to square one.

People who say 'at least we have a team' get on my nerves. I don't want to spend another 5 years in league one.

When did you turn so synical

Personally, I fail to find much comfort in the fact that we are not in the position of a club currently, it seems, about to go out of business when they are, I would say, only the first of several over coming years.

Professional football at this level has had it long-term. We should find no solace in other clubs cutting budgets when all that will result is a widening of the gap between this division and the one above, cutting clubs without wealthy benefactors off from the second tier forever, destroying interest for all but the hardest of the hardcore (something that we seem to be getting in early with), and plunging clubs deeper into the mire.

Sad but true I think.