Abbott offered contract

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aww u cant call Hughes he actually scored goals for us i couldnt care if he was the biggest arsehole in the world aslong as he scored goals

Yes some very good goals, but never really put it in for me! Some dont like that, but look where he got his goals. Decent striker who needs to get in the real world! - Not the messiah everyone goes on about. I saw more lackluster performances than good ones, and whoever has watched the majority of his games would agree.

cool a stricker with a decent scoring record surely we cant be going for him we normally go for the 3 goals a season players that are 30+ :D

At the time of their signings I would have prefered Byfield, Windass and Ormerod. Even now I'd probably prefer Byfield.

Having said that I think it's a good sign when a player is re-signed by a 'disciplinarian' manager.

I remember Abbott being booed and abused lots by our fans and him not taking to it too kindly!

Might disuade him from coming here. Likes to lob the keeper a lot, scored a few like that against us.

Yes some very good goals, but never really put it in for me! Some dont like that, but look where he got his goals. Decent striker who needs to get in the real world! - Not the messiah everyone goes on about. I saw more lackluster performances than good ones, and whoever has watched the majority of his games would agree.

yeah i agree but he still got 18 or 19 goals and lets face it there was never a strike partner at the club to play next to him also with the right deliveries etc he would have scored more.

Like i said in another post we havnt had a player that can score 18 goals a season for a few years its just a shame but thats old news now lets hope we can get another one :D

yeah i agree but he still got 18 or 19 goals and lets face it there was never a strike partner at the club to play next to him also with the right deliveries etc he would have scored more.

Like i said in another post we havnt had a player that can score 18 goals a season for a few years its just a shame but thats old news now lets hope we can get another one :D

Beckett? Even :censored: Porter got 21...

Beckett? Even :censored: Porter got 21...

becket was a loan player porter played a full season not shiped out with 9 games left plus the lack of oldhams effort to sort porter a contract with a year left on his contract was perfetic as we waited until a few months before it ran out to start contract talks will oldham ever learn.

Would absolutely love to see us sign this lad, it's the sort of player we've needed since porter. Decent in the air, better on the floor, knows where the net is and actually puts the ball in it more often than not.

I cant remember him ever playing against us and not looking really dangerous.

becket was a loan player porter played a full season not shiped out with 9 games left plus the lack of oldhams effort to sort porter a contract with a year left on his contract was perfetic as we waited until a few months before it ran out to start contract talks will oldham ever learn.

Porter was crocked from the end of Feb to the end of April as well and as I recall he was injured for the start of the season too, hence why we brought in the ever prolific Maheta Molango. Given that Porter was crocked for his first season Oldham were never going to offer him a new deal so soon, they were right to wait to see what progressed he had made, unfortunately his belting second season attracted bigger clubs and Porter saw £££ and knew he didn't want to stay. In hindsight we should have tied Porter down to a 2 or 3 year extension after his first season....a deal which he would have bit our arm off for. But considering he hardly played in his first season for us due to injury and us not knowing he would be so prolific meant that offering him a new deal so soon probably didn't even cross the club's mind. Had we offered him a new deal and he missed a lot of the second season and just became another Killen we'd have been left with a crock. Oldham offered Porter a new deal in January, when we saw how good he was for us, by then though it was too late.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Would absolutely love to see us sign this lad, it's the sort of player we've needed since porter. Decent in the air, better on the floor, knows where the net is and actually puts the ball in it more often than not.

He sounds quite a player for division 4. In his prime too..... :unsure:

I remember Abbott being booed and abused lots by our fans and him not taking to it too kindly!

Might disuade him from coming here. Likes to lob the keeper a lot, scored a few like that against us.

We'll just put that down to him being very good and playing for Uddersfield...we just need to let Penney know them were our reasons :wink:

144 starts

74 sub appearances

72 goals

Not great, but not bad either. If fit it'll be a good signing, we really could do a lot worse, had he not had these injury problems he probably wouldn't have dropped down to league two, he's not there based on ability.

I was against this signing, aftera bit more thought, at 26 he's still young, proven that he can score when he plays. It's just making sure he doesn't get crocked.

Abbott + Graham please. :grin:

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies