Abbott offered contract

I think this comes down to board etiquette. We cannot stop the editing of quotes in reply posts as mentioned above, but we'll have a look at it all the same...

Back on topic please - Pawel has signed! What's the matter with you people! :grin:

Yes, back on topic. Really happy about this. Pawel tore us a new backside enough times in the past, and this is exactly the signing we need. He may not score to the hights he did in the past, but he is a 15-20 goal a season banker... no prem has beens, no stupid lad with 'potential' - a decent lower league pro who knows exactly where the onion bag is - and free, and probably cheaper than market worth in wages. Every single Darlo fan says he is still better than League 2 - so bloody great. Very happy.

My best mate is a hudds fan and told him, and his first reaction was that in terms of quality and ability, he is one of his favourite players of all time - however he can be lazy as crap.... maybe need someone to do his running... however always looked decent with Boothy so perhaps Penneys liking of 'big bruisers' will lead to a much more powerful Latucs next season...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, back on topic. Really happy about this. Pawel tore us a new backside enough times in the past, and this is exactly the signing we need. He may not score to the hights he did in the past, but he is a 15-20 goal a season banker... no prem has beens, no stupid lad with 'potential' - a decent lower league pro who knows exactly where the onion bag is - and free, and probably cheaper than market worth in wages. Every single Darlo fan says he is still better than League 2 - so bloody great. Very happy.

My best mate is a hudds fan and told him, and his first reaction was that in terms of quality and ability, he is one of his favourite players of all time - however he can be lazy as crap.... maybe need someone to do his running... however always looked decent with Boothy so perhaps Penneys liking of 'big bruisers' will lead to a much more powerful Latucs next season...

Someone of the ilk of Price alongside him? Now that would be tasty!

Edited by oafcprozac

I still need to be convinced by Abbott; I admit I am basing it on one TV viewing when they played Dale but he was a shadow of the great player he was at Udders. Lets hope it is just a case of fitness and he can get a good pre-season in and hit the ground running come August.

I still need to be convinced by Abbott; I admit I am basing it on one TV viewing when they played Dale but he was a shadow of the great player he was at Udders. Lets hope it is just a case of fitness and he can get a good pre-season in and hit the ground running come August.

If true a good first signing hopefully Billy Clarke next then we have our strike pair for next season

blue

Blue sauce was a condiment that was often used on Bantha Breakfast Biscuits. It was possibly derived from blue milk. Blue sauce was also the only known way to destroy a Giant Amorphous Bantha Breakfast Biscuit.

Anyonelse think this abit of a gamble.

Not because of the players actual ability his record stands up as a natrual goalscorer and he has impresed me whenever I saw him play for Huddersfield. But because of his injury record don't care how good you are your no use if your sat in the stand injured.

Not because of the players actual ability his record stands up as a natrual goalscorer and he has impresed me whenever I saw him play for Huddersfield. But because of his injury record don't care how good you are your no use if your sat in the stand injured.

I think he will be a flop.

From what I know of Marc the Physio and heard about Penney, fitness will not be an issue next season. The problem with players getting injured to often is all about either coming back to quick from an injury or playing while unfit !

Penney knows Abbott, he knows he needs a goal scorer and provider to do well in his new job. I dont think Penney would have brought Abbott to the club if he didnt think he could do a job for him and us !

From what I know of Marc the Physio and heard about Penney, fitness will not be an issue next season. The problem with players getting injured to often is all about either coming back to quick from an injury or playing while unfit !

Penney knows Abbott, he knows he needs a goal scorer and provider to do well in his new job. I dont think Penney would have brought Abbott to the club if he didnt think he could do a job for him and us !

Hope your right and if you look at last season we did pretty well with regards injuries we only really had Mark Crossley out long term a player who turned 40 so thats a great credit to Robophysio. The players fitness would be the only thing I would worry about with regards this because if he gets 40 games in he will surely be looking at a very good goal return.

Hope your right and if you look at last season we did pretty well with regards injuries we only really had Mark Crossley out long term a player who turned 40 so thats a great credit to Robophysio. The players fitness would be the only thing I would worry about with regards this because if he gets 40 games in he will surely be looking at a very good goal return.

Think our Physio has done a fantastic job this season.

Just look at our injury record over the past 5 years and we have had upto 6 or 7 players missing on a weekly basis.

I rememebr when we signed him last year Walsall's manager said then that the only reason they had done well that season was because of him.

For a club like us he is worth his weight in gold and i just hope we manage to hold onto him.

When you're looking at lewis and wolfy up front, there's no such thing as a gamble :wink:

Mmm. I'm not sure who wouldn't be a gamble but would be in our price range (i.e., a free transfer or nominal fee at a stretch).

Yep

Porter young lad only scored a few for Bury - 32 goals in 1 and a bit seasons

Hughes out of the game for over 3 years - 26 goals in 1 and a half seasons

Wijnhard - Recovering from serious injury scores 10 in 6

Beckett - Scores 24 goals in only 36 games - last throw of the dice

Davies - Young journeyman, scores 14 by February

All the above were big, big gambles that all paid off in the short term, hopefully we'll get one that pays off in full, Pav may be that guy and at only 27 still has a lot to prove to us and himself after a nightmare time with injuries, a less than productive time with Swansea and a high-profile fall-out with Peter Jackson.

Gambles that haven't paid off in recent times for one reason or another

Ricketts

Adebola

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Cooper

Robertson

Pav if we can get him on the pitch week in week out will score goals and soon become a hero. Scores all types of goals and gets on the end of things.

Yep

Porter young lad only scored a few for Bury - 32 goals in 1 and a bit seasons

Hughes out of the game for over 3 years - 26 goals in 1 and a half seasons

Wijnhard - Recovering from serious injury scores 10 in 6

Beckett - Scores 24 goals in only 36 games - last throw of the dice

Davies - Young journeyman, scores 14 by February

All the above were big, big gambles that all paid off in the short term, hopefully we'll get one that pays off in full, Pav may be that guy and at only 27 still has a lot to prove to us and himself after a nightmare time with injuries, a less than productive time with Swansea and a high-profile fall-out with Peter Jackson.

Gambles that haven't paid off in recent times for one reason or another

Ricketts

Adebola

Ormerod

Byfield

Windass

Cooper

Robertson

Pav if we can get him on the pitch week in week out will score goals and soon become a hero. Scores all types of goals and gets on the end of things.

25 games...12 goals!