Corney's Comments

Corney's Fishul Blog

I'm really pleased to see what Simon has said on the fishul site today. Rewind 12 months he was highly critical of the lack of support from the town and the stayaway fans. It's great to see him being positive about present and the future. He sounds really optimistic with Penney at the helm and believes with some good additions we can be a force next season.

All very good to hear, I hope to see the words turned into action.

Corney's Fishul Blog

I'm really pleased to see what Simon has said on the fishul site today. Rewind 12 months he was highly critical of the lack of support from the town and the stayaway fans. It's great to see him being positive about present and the future. He sounds really optimistic with Penney at the helm and believes with some good additions we can be a force next season.

I agree. I was critical of him last year with his negativity but todays blog is quite refreshing

Would be a bit rich to criticise the fans after quite a number of poor judgments on their part in choosing managers. Im full of optimism but i like to see stability within the club and that's what im keen to see after the circus that was the second half of the season, it bordered on embarrassing at times

Would be a bit rich to criticise the fans after quite a number of poor judgments on their part in choosing managers. Im full of optimism but i like to see stability within the club and that's what im keen to see after the circus that was the second half of the season, it bordered on embarrassing at times

he might just be trying to sell those 4500 season tickets. :wink:

Guest Only One Jimmy Fryatt

Its good to see he's finally keeping his dummy in his mouth or at least engaging brain before ranting.

Thanks Simon finally some level headedness.

Good on him! I found his blog a refreshing read.

I always enjoy reading about or listening to what he has to say...maybe he's a bit too open and can get carried away, but he seems to talk a lot of sense to me.

I am sure they (and Penney) will provide us with yet another squad capable of at least challenging for the play-offs.

I always enjoy reading about or listening to what he has to say...maybe he's a bit too open and can get carried away, but he seems to talk a lot of sense to me.

I am sure they (and Penney) will provide us with yet another squad capable of at least challenging for the play-offs.

Do you not think playoffs will be a bit beyond us next season considering the teams that will be in this division and the lower playing budget?

If we could mount a challenge I would be over the moon but just cant see it

Corney's Fishul Blog

Have I missed something, or did no-one notice his reference (near the bottom) to 'Myself and Simon Blitz', with no mention of Danny Gazal?

I like the TTA but I never thought that they showed a great amount of understanding criticising the fans after what we have had to deal with in the past 15 years, especially after Chris Moore. Good on Mr Corney.

Maybe it's finally beginning to sink in that a club that gets bogged down for years in a poor quality division and makes a complete hash of its few serious attempts to get out of it doesn't gain support but loses it. And that this situation is worsened by the fact that world class football is freely available from the comfort of the living room or pub several nights a week.

Because he's already in business with the two Simons and because of the property aspect of the purchase of the club.

The property aspect could explain it but the fact they're already in business together elsewhere doesn't necessarily. I suspect Corney and Blitz must have blagged him into thinking it's a good investment.... :lol:

Whatever the circumstances why anybody with no interest in football would invest in Latics beyond me.

The property aspect could explain it but the fact they're already in business together elsewhere doesn't necessarily. I suspect Corney and Blitz must have blagged him into thinking it's a good investment.... :lol:

Whatever the circumstances why anybody with no interest in football would invest in Latics beyond me.

Very true.

..and sometimes it amazes anyone with some interest in football would invest in Latics too!! :grin:

Edited by singe

it is a good investment. where else could they have got so much land, for so little a price?

I'm sure somebody will correct me and firm up the figure, but didn't they pay about £4M for the ground/land? On top of the hundreds of thousands to rescue the club?

If so, is that a good price....for land which HAS to have football played on it for 10 years?