Latics Signing Rumours Mounting

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been talking to a very good source of mine (at a different club) and dont be surprised to hear of a couple of guys coming from Stockport - CB and RW and billy clarke is nailed on

No offence but am always suspicious of new posters coming on with gems like this. If you prove me to be cyncial I'll apologise!

Tommy Rowe would be an excellent signing but he plays down the left..

Chris Taylor's a right footed left winger. Rowe could be his mirror opposite.

(I'd actually like to see Taylor on his natural side, for the record.)

Shows what my opinions counts for.....I thought he was a winger!

Nah, shows what my reading is like. Rowe is a winger.

You said Rowe, so I referred to Rose (who would be a decent left back for us).

Rowe impressed me the few times I've seen him, except for a glaring miss in a play-off semi-final when his side was 1-0 down.

Great close control, able to deliver a decent cross and an eye for goal too.

Not so sure Brentford will get Clarke,they have Mcdonald to come back from injury, who was scoring before he got injured. They replaced him with Andy Rhodes son from Ipswich and then Clarke when he got injured. Think we might have as much chance as signing Clarke as anyone given that Penney gave him a chance early in the season at Darlo.

He was obviously looking to pair him up with Abbott,not sure if that ever happened due too Abbott's injury could be an interesting combo though if it came off.

why though ?

he hasnt really had a chance at latics. Send him out on loan keep checkng his progress then take a gamble.

Give him the preseason to impress and then play him. If he's pap send him out on loan until the window opens and then get rid.