Latics Signing Rumours Mounting

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not put a cheeky bid in for Simon Cox? Swindon arent really going to be challenging for a promotion spot so he could be tempted away. He's only 22 (according to google). Hell of a prospect.

THey have money spend and are going to mount a push, and i doubt their prize asset would leave!

Didnt rate Bennett in the Dale game, he doesnt seem that good, obviously thats the only game i have seen him play.

So my judgement is correct!

Why not put a cheeky bid in for Simon Cox? Swindon arent really going to be challenging for a promotion spot so he could be tempted away. He's only 22 (according to google). Hell of a prospect.

As in £250000 or more? Cos he won't be valued at any less than that.

As in £250000 or more? Cos he won't be valued at any less than that.

Exactly.

Then double that amount, double it again... plus then compete with the prem clubs such at Villa, and Bolton, plus teams such as Wolves and the Baggies who are interested in him....

Realism fellas, realism....

one day to go until the chopping begins then signings its gona be a intresting month

im hoping we have already or are about to capitolise on other clubs misfortunes with administration,and save ourself a packet in transfer fees.if we could nick some decent players for nowt other than wages we could have a decent side.

Is anyone else thinking that we might have to wait till the last week as the best players will hold out?

I know some will want to sign up ASAP, but DP has already said he is in no rush.

I hoped we would sign a few from Stockport and Darlington and get the nucleus of the squad sorted, but I am not sure now with those comments.

Aggresive? That reminds me - I've heard Sean Gregan is available on a free. He's always been immense when I've seen him - big no nonsense centre half, has quality on the ball and has only lost 7 headers in his entire career.

5 of 'em to Ricketts and 2 to Savage this year!!!

He has been the big no nonsense centre half though, who we'll be crying out for next season again.

5 of 'em to Ricketts and 2 to Savage this year!!!

He has been the big no nonsense centre half though, who we'll be crying out for next season again.

So you've decided Penney won't be able to find a defender who can jump higher than 6 inches and who can actually SPRINT and maybe win an attacking header!!!

As I posted before, if he was that good, how come he didn't feature in the division team of the year picked by his peers. Rose tinted glasses methinks!!!

He's gone! Time will tell if Penney has got it right. So start removing your black armbands and wipe away your tears for the last time and take the view that Penney knows his own mind and has more experience than we mortal fans.

So you've decided Penney won't be able to find a defender who can jump higher than 6 inches and who can actually SPRINT and maybe win an attacking header!!!

As I posted before, if he was that good, how come he didn't feature in the division team of the year picked by his peers. Rose tinted glasses methinks!!!

He's gone! Time will tell if Penney has got it right. So start removing your black armbands and wipe away your tears for the last time and take the view that Penney knows his own mind and has more experience than we mortal fans.

I haven't decided anything and if you took the time to read my post on the topic in hand "greegs released", you will see my views upon Gregan leaving.

My response was a light hearted one to the above poster, but thanks for the 'black armbands' and 'mortal fans' crap that you go on to state.

So no tears from me or many others Mike, some are disappointed he has left, others are not, that's what it's all about

however no judgement whatsoever was mentioned in my post about Penney.......

oh dear.......

Sheridan had far "more experience than we mortal fans", but it didn't stop you calling for him to "hang his head in shame" for his team selection at Milton Keynes. :blush:

As for team of the year, do you think Gregan is a popular character amongst opposition dressing rooms? And even if that's irrelevant, not being one of the best 2 centre-halves in the league doesn't make him one of the worst.

As for team of the year, do you think Gregan is a popular character amongst opposition dressing rooms?

I don't think Gregan warranted opposition dressing room discussions any more than any other player in this division.

According to the Ipswich fan I know, he likes it at Brentford and wants to sign for them. We might be able to compete in terms of giving him first team games, and maybe he likes Penney, but if he has his heart set on Griffin Park we may come off second best.

Sheridan had far "more experience than we mortal fans", but it didn't stop you calling for him to "hang his head in shame" for his team selection at Milton Keynes. :blush:

Yes, he has more experience and as such he stands or falls on the results and performances of the team he picks whose playing standard/quality went downhill as the season progressed.

Were you happy with the team selection at MK?