New Season's Fixtures - Nicknames Needed!

Couple of questions?

1. What date do the new season's fixtures get announced? I know it's early June sometime, but does anyone have an actual date?

2. For what reason does the Football League place massive restrictions on publishing the fixture lists in advance? Hacks me right off this one.

1. June 17th

Fixtures on 'Fishul

2. £'s

According to Tony Kempster

Premier and Football leagues asked me to pay them over £9,000 to publicise their fixtures on this site. As this site is run on a non-profit basis, I declined to pay and so no fixtures appear. Email DFolker@football-dataco.com if you wish to comment.

Edited by singe

Couple of questions?

1. What date do the new season's fixtures get announced? I know it's early June sometime, but does anyone have an actual date?

2. For what reason does the Football League place massive restrictions on publishing the fixture lists in advance? Hacks me right off this one.

1. Linky

2. They earn an income from people they sell the list to.

Point 2.

Indeed Money is the key. We wanted to publish our last year via the calendar function of the site (would provide members with game reminders etc) but we couldn't even come close to affording it, and several other sites similar to ours have had the threat of legal action thrown at them.

Hopefully this year, with our 'official' status we can look at changing that... but I'm not overly optimistic!

Point 2.

Indeed Money is the key. We wanted to publish our last year via the calendar function of the site (would provide members with game reminders etc) but we couldn't even come close to affording it, and several other sites similar to ours have had the threat of legal action thrown at them.

Hopefully this year, with our 'official' status we can look at changing that... but I'm not overly optimistic!

Notts Forest do it.

What about if someone went to the time and effort of typing in an Outlook Distribution List with lots of people's e-mail addresses and then set up a "meeting" for each game. A bit of work, but not beyond the realms of possibility. Also, not much that the FL could do about it really, as many of us meet up in a pub close to the ground for each match anyway. :wink:

Point 2.

Yeah, I had an inkling it was money-orientated, but it's ludicrious. I can't think of any other league that does it, in fact when I check on Flash Scores, it only seems to be the English fixtures that have a "Fixture Copywrited until kick off" caveat on them.

Anyway, if anyone would like a CSV file which is importable into Outlook (I then sync it up with my iPhone) then they can have one. Gratis.

So, sue my arse Mawhinney.

Notts Forest do it.

What about if someone went to the time and effort of typing in an Outlook Distribution List with lots of people's e-mail addresses and then set up a "meeting" for each game. A bit of work, but not beyond the realms of possibility. Also, not much that the FL could do about it really, as many of us meet up in a pub close to the ground for each match anyway. :wink:

It's not that much effort to be honesy Rick. I'm going to do it (see post above) so I'll send you one when it comes out.

Could you just replace the names with nicknames a la Pro Evo? Monkey Hangers instead of Hartlepool for example?

Our summer Agenda has been set......

The nickname fixture list will be published on the 17th of june,the football league and premier greed can't do jack :censored: about it........so........

Nicknames please people!!!

Could you just replace the names with nicknames a la Pro Evo? Monkey Hangers instead of Hartlepool for example?

A few years ago when Internet streaming of football kicked off big time, I used to use a site which did that. Apparently they had been told they couldn't use real club names at they were copywritten. So the site just listed them with things like "Manchester Reds Vs Toon". The PL couldn't shut the site down because all they were doing was providing external links.

Nicknames please people!!!

MK Dons

-or-

Leeds

-or-

Scunthorpe

Norwich

Southampton

Charlton

Millwall

Tranmere

Southend

Huddersfield

Oldham

Bristol Rovers

Colchester

Walsall

Leyton Orient

Swindon

Brighton

Yeovil

Stockport

Hartlepool

Carlisle

Brentford

Exeter

Wycombe

Gillingham

-or-

Shrewsbury

Here's my list from the pre-season prediction of last season.

DirtyLeeds

Gayboys

---------------------

The Crack Foxes

Swindle

Scots

Us

---------------------

Udders

Poshers

Steve Lamacq's mob

Bindippers

Sarfend

S':censored:

Arrrrr

Soft Cockneys

Cobblers

Bastard Franchise Scum

Hard Cockneys

Ciders

Trainspotters

Warsaw

------------------------

Pool

Oldham Athletic rejects

Chelters

Bulls

Just substitute the reds (relegated) and the Blues (Promoted) with the new (and soon-to-be new) sides down here.

I propose:

Stripey Good Boys

Wrong Athletics

Delias

Bumbles

Rugbytops

That team with an X in it that isn't Crewe Alexandra.

Admittadly, the last one could do with a rethink.

Here's my list from the pre-season prediction of last season.

Just substitute the reds (relegated) and the Blues (Promoted) with the new (and soon-to-be new) sides down here.

I propose:

Stripey Good Boys

Wrong Athletics

Delias

Bumbles

Rugbytops

That team with an X in it that isn't Crewe Alexandra.

Admittadly, the last one could do with a rethink.

Ha Ha

I think MOST of them could do with a re-think TBH

MK Dons

-or-

Leeds

-or-

Scunthorpe

Norwich LETS BE HAVIN YOU

Southampton

Charlton

Millwall

Tranmere BIN DIPPERS