The Released and Retained Thread

how about starting a new thread "our last managers downfalls" or something and leaving this thread for what its supposed to be for....just a thought like,lol

Fair enough Ed :)

No surprise or concern for me with todays announcement. Had enough of that yesterday.... :ranting:

I hope Allot stays - he's been good for us and does work which often goes unnoticed. I'd happily keep Stambo too.

However I would offer both appearance/performance related pay. In fact I think that should be club policy - Sam Hamman style. Should I start a thread Ed? :wink:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough Ed :)

No surprise or concern for me with todays announcement. Had enough of that yesterday.... :ranting:

I hope Allot stays - he's been good for us and does work which often goes unnoticed. I'd happily keep Stambo too.

However I would offer both appearance/performance related pay. In fact I think that should be club policy - Sam Hamman style. Should I start a thread Ed? :wink:

Will Mark want to sign for just a year though? He's got a young family and i'm sure there may be a two year deal for him at another club. The best he can hope for here is maybe a minmum game clause that triggers another year, but will that be too much of a risk? as I reckon DP will offer no guarantees over any player being a shoe-in.

Will Mark want to sign for just a year though? He's got a young family and i'm sure there may be a two year deal for him at another club. The best he can hope for here is maybe a minmum game clause that triggers another year, but will that be too much of a risk? as I reckon DP will offer no guarantees over any player being a shoe-in.

As Penney said, it's a club market now rather than a players.

Bit different the clubs having a bit of something over the players now.

One thing I've noticed on this thread is a number of posters stating next season will be one of staving off relegation. DP has effectively been in the seat

in the seat for 3 days and is looking at the existing squad. None of us have yet to see who he will bring in or how many so give the guy a chance before verbally kneecapping.

I, for one, am happy with his squad departures so far with the possible exeption of Maher.

As for criticising Joe for his recommendations, DP is his own man and perfectly capable of forming his own judgements on the type of player he wants and how they will fit into the style of football he wants HIS team to play.

As Penney said, it's a club market now rather than a players.

Bit different the clubs having a bit of something over the players now.

Yeah, you're right mate this summer should finally see a little bit of common sense returning to the at least the lower leagues, this is why despite some big-names in League One next season will see a much more level playing field in terms of personnel on the pitch. Norwich, Charlton and Southampton will not be able be afford large squads with all three relying on youth this season. Leicester were a one off, they kept their squad together and added quality loanees from the prem all young and hungry whilst having two of the outstanding 'old heads' in the backbone of their team in Oakley and Howard.

Even Leeds are in for a bit of a shock when their promotion bid inevitably goes tits up, :pray::pray: they too will have to cut their cloth accordingly albeit a much larger piece.

Yeah, you're right mate this summer should finally see a little bit of common sense returning to the at least the lower leagues, this is why despite some big-names in League One next season will see a much more level playing field in terms of personnel on the pitch. Norwich, Charlton and Southampton will not be able be afford large squads with all three relying on youth this season. Leicester were a one off, they kept their squad together and added quality loanees from the prem all young and hungry whilst having two of the outstanding 'old heads' in the backbone of their team in Oakley and Howard.

Even Leeds are in for a bit of a shock when their promotion bid inevitably goes tits up, :pray::pray: they too will have to cut their cloth accordingly albeit a much larger piece.

Personal opinion for what its worth is Wolfy will never make a good pro footballer whilst i've got a hole in my arse, i bet when defenders see him they know there in for a cushy afternoon, i really don't know whether he'd make my sunday league side or not! Stam is not as good as a lot make out, watch his actual play, he hoofs the ball 90% of the time so how people say he's a 'footballing centre half' is beyond me. If anyone noticed, Hazell started to do the same second half of the season too. Lomax can go for me, another one who i don't think is as good as a few on here make out. Gregan i'd of kept as he was our best player by far last season and has been most of the time he was here. Whits i'd tell him he's free to find another club or at best be kept as a squad player. Maher i was always expecting to leave. Allott i think will leave although i'd keep him as our holding midfielder if we can bring in a ball player. Kalala well that one was obvious as with Hughes.

So imo 2 bad moves look to have been made up to yet, Gregan going and Wolfy being offered a contract (no matter how small) but its all down to who DP now brings in!

"Personal opinion for what its worth is Wolfy will never make a good pro footballer whilst i've got a hole in my arse"

haha great stuff what gets me he is actually thinking about the offer haha if i was him id bite there hands of unless he got that job as a paper boy

It appears we're playing with the squad and funding (and average attendence) of a team battling to stay in the division this year?

you've got a sneak preview of who he's signing then?

could you share it with the rest of us?

you've got a sneak preview of who he's signing then?

could you share it with the rest of us?

yeah some people really do live in fairy land the players he has got rid of so far have been bad this season never mind last year when thay had 5 good games on the trot, its about time we got a manager who isnt scared of clearing out and starting fresh were gona get new young players not old money grabbers time for a change and if u cant see it and want to be stuck in the old ways of oldham you need to visit your doctor.

Come on guys exciting times new players a manager that has a eye for talent if it be non league or leagues bellow chin up you freaks :D

yeah some people really do live in fairy land the players he has got rid of so far have been bad this season never mind last year when thay had 5 good games on the trot, its about time we got a manager who isnt scared of clearing out and starting fresh were gona get new young players not old money grabbers time for a change and if u cant see it and want to be stuck in the old ways of oldham you need to visit your doctor.

Come on guys exciting times new players a manager that has a eye for talent if it be non league or leagues bellow chin up you freaks :D

Gregan has not been bad....

Edited by oafc0000

Gregan has not been bad....

ok fair doos il take that back but how many times have we had players that are 35 or over its stupid that get beat easilly by not so fast people he is just to old and is on big wages when we can get someone younger and probly better it just makes sense what he has done.

Sorry mate don't understand that :)

you've made a statement with a question mark at the end indicating, should the words have been spoken, a raising in the tone at the end of the sentence in the style of the band camp girl from the film American Pie.

ok fair doos il take that back but how many times have we had players that are 35 or over its stupid that get beat easilly by not so fast people he is just to old and is on big wages when we can get someone younger and probly better it just makes sense what he has done.

Good quality experienced defender like Gregan do not need peace....this is even more true for centre backs....

To get a younger, faster CB who has anywhere near the quality of Gregan would cost millions... Piss poor decision releasing Gregan although I would not be surprised if it came down to budget/money... Not arsed about Maher and Hughes...

Edited by oafc0000

you've made a statement with a question mark at the end indicating, should the words have been spoken, a raising in the tone at the end of the sentence in the style of the band camp girl from the film American Pie.
Ah right, sorry, can barely remember that film, think i saw it on a plane one for my sins.

Hopefully I have clarified my question/statement above anyhow now :)

Good quality experienced defender like Gregan do not need peace....this is even more true for centre backs....

To get a younger, faster CB who has anywhere near the quality of Gregan would cost millions... Piss poor decision releasing Gregan... Not arsed about Maher and Hughes...

ok then what about fitz hall was he not better and from non league younger fitter stronger better in the air also scored goals from corners what about the defender we sold to preston cant think of his name for gods sake help me never mind finnally got it of the tip of my toungue trottman ?

Edited by KUNGFOO

To get a younger, faster CB who has anywhere near the quality of Gregan would cost millions... Piss poor decision releasing Gregan... Not arsed about Maher and Hughes...

It isn't about how good he is. The decision was clearly based on money. Doesn't matter if you have one very good CB. You will still concede goals as we have seen. The cash needs to be spread about the squad.